Official Training Camp Thread

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoulda used our designated sarcasm font.

:)

Off to work. Have a great day everyone. Looking forward to listening to the Murph show when I get home!

Go Bills!

Yes! Someone finally agrees with me on the sarcasm font front!! B-)

Also, does anybody know how many padded practices we get?

Question: Are cameras with telephoto lenses allowed at camp? I know they usually won't let long lenses into the stadium on game day, but hoping I can get some good shots with my 300mm.

We arrived safely in town last night after driving straight through that line of severe weather in the southern tier/northern PA, which was ironic because we always figured the most dangerous time to drive up from NC was in the winter. But that yesterday was without a doubt the worst weather I have ever driven though, winters included.

At any rate, we're here and can't wait for training camp, garbage plates and decent Italian food!

Edited by jimmyo

Question: Are cameras with telephoto lenses allowed at camp? I know they usually won't let long lenses into the stadium on game day, but hoping I can get some good shots with my 300mm.

We arrived safely in town last night after driving straight through that line of severe weather in the southern tier/northern PA, which was ironic because we always figured the most dangerous time to drive up from NC was in the winter. But that yesterday was without a doubt the worst weather I have ever driven though, winters included.

At any rate, we're here and can't wait for training camp, garbage plates and decent Italian food!

Good to hear, Jimmyo. If you or other people don't know what they're doing, its very easy for someone to get killed, especially on the highway. It happens all the time down here, unfortunately.

The only severe weather that my parents like to drive through are the tropical storms and category 1's and 2's. All the tourists and dumb people are inside.

I'd just like to add, its so great to talk and analyze football again. Just a pleasant change from the off season predictions and the "Why/Why not the Bills will go to the playoffs"'s and "Fitz sucks"'s and "Let me overanalyze this game based on the videos of the OTA's on BB.com and my stupidity"'s.

I would think it will be Edwards (same size as Troupe), IMO Johnson will make the team but as a back up end this year.

In anycase I think DW likes Edwards not so sure about how he feels about Johnson or Carrington who seem to have similar skill sets (both able to play DT or DE). I would guess Edwards vs Troupe is one battle and Carrington vs Johnson is the other. JMO

Johnson came into this league as a DT and that was the position he played (well) until he encountered the "Defensive Super Genius" known as George Edwards. He currently is rotating in with the 2nd group at DT, backing up Dareus.

As it stands, there is no competition with Troup as it looked like his back is still pretty bad and he wont be around much longer. Maybe Troup comes back, but he looked pitiful yesterday.

I didnt notice any restrictions, or even any security checking anything like that. You should be all set bringing your camera in. "Should" being the famous last word ;)

Hey all, was at camp today and here's what I took note of. Most of this stuff has already been mentioned but without much comment so here's my two cents...

Willams/Dareus/Williams/Anderson at DL, in that order.

Merriman/Johnson/Edwards/Kelsay as the 2nd line, in that order.

Gilmore/Williams/McKelvin at CB, in that order. McGee sat out most of the practice. I still think his body is failing him and he will not make it through camp. I believe our CBs end up Gilmore, Williams, McKelvin, Brooks, Rogers. We'll see.

A

Go Bills!

Thanks Drstein!... safe to say that our 2nd team D line (if healthy) is better than anything we fielded for the 8 years before Dareus arrived...

looking at your list of CB's... wow, that's a young backfield there (sans Mcgee and Florence)...

Are we gonna find some veteran CB help ya think if Mcgee can't stay healthy enough?

Thanks Drstein!... safe to say that our 2nd team D line (if healthy) is better than anything we fielded for the 8 years before Dareus arrived...

looking at your list of CB's... wow, that's a young backfield there (sans Mcgee and Florence)...

Are we gonna find some veteran CB help ya think if Mcgee can't stay healthy enough?

McKelvin is in his 5th year. I know he's veteran in years only, but I also have a lot of confidence in what the young guys can do--especially with G. Wilson and Byrd behind them to give them direction.

Fitz had pretty good placement on all of his throws. The deep balls were well placed. The shorter throws werent too high.

How much back and forth was there between Coach Lee and Fitz? Was there a lot of talk between plays? Communication?

If the posts about Vince are correct (and I have no reason to not believe them), can anyone say that they're shocked? Let's face facts here about our team. We already know that the offense that's being run isn't simple. It is one of the more complex offenses in terms of terminology and systems that exists in the NFL. Vince is a mental midget with the mental capacity of an uncooked walnut. I would say cooked, but he is actually an NFL quarterback, so I have to give him a little credit. He's not quite dead yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he never picks up the offense and simply falls off the roster before the season starts. While he's athletic and can throw and run the ball, if you're starting your decision making with bad reads, you're likely going to be making bad throws. Of all the good stuff the Bills did this offseason, the Young move made me scratch my head. I still don't get it, other than perhaps to scare Fitzpatrick into working harder with Lee.

However, and please take this with a grain of salt because it is the first day of practice, I thought Vince Young out-practiced Fitzpatrick today, or maybe he just came into the afternoon with more to prove. Either way, his throws were tight and accurate, he led his receivers well and he just looked confident. We’ll see how this play develops, but right now, he has to be the favorite to be the number two guy.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/07/training-camp-report-day-1/