Need a little cash?

Wow... Greed will always get 'em! If she wouldn't have reported the debit card stolen... She would have never been reviewed (well at least this early). Probably the meth!

I find her actions extremely brazen, but not remarkable. It's that this flew with the state revenue to the point that they actually issued a refund is what I find amazing.

I find her actions extremely brazen, but not remarkable. It's that this flew with the state revenue to the point that they actually issued a refund is what I find amazing.

Same here... Unbelievable that they would put 2.1 mill on a card! WTF? Then she loses/gets it stolen after dropping 200 thou... Wow, she is brazen... But the state is beyond a WTF for letting this go this far. Takes two idiots to tango! Throw them both in the pokey!

Same here... Unbelievable that they would put 2.1 mill on a card! WTF? Then she loses/gets it stolen after dropping 200 thou... Wow, she is brazen... But the state is beyond a WTF for letting this go this far. Takes two idiots to tango! Throw them both in the pokey!

The truly brilliant thing about that is, for the electronic refund to be processed and credited to a card, it must have been largely if not entirely automated. And yet, no one ever thought to put a rule in the system to the effect of "If you're putting seven figures on a debit card, don't. Have a real human being review it, because something's probably !@#$ed up." :wallbash:

You'll be happy to know that, when I write financial systems like that, it contains such rules. So blame the people that use my software - I did my job.

The truly brilliant thing about that is, for the electronic refund to be processed and credited to a card, it must have been largely if not entirely automated. And yet, no one ever thought to put a rule in the system to the effect of "If you're putting seven figures on a debit card, don't. Have a real human being review it, because something's probably !@#$ed up." :wallbash:

You'll be happy to know that, when I write financial systems like that, it contains such rules. So blame the people that use my software - I did my job.

LoL! Then there is the non existant rule about checking the previous years' income... She made about 15k in 2010 and 2009! WT Holy F! Oregon, what are those hippies on up there... Surely the same meth this lady (if you wanna call her that) was on!

The return was set aside for review by processing staff and managers for potential fraud. But "some time later," the affidavit said, a Revenue employee overrode the flagged payment and the refund was issued.

By policy, three agency employees are required to verify the override, the newspaper said. However, according to the affidavit, no one responsible for reviewing the return opened the file to look at it or looked at the W-2 form Reyes filed.

Need more employees. They have bigger fish to fry then a 2.1 mill refund to a private individual that was flagged by the computer.

The return was set aside for review by processing staff and managers for potential fraud. But "some time later," the affidavit said, a Revenue employee overrode the flagged payment and the refund was issued.

By policy, three agency employees are required to verify the override, the newspaper said. However, according to the affidavit, no one responsible for reviewing the return opened the file to look at it or looked at the W-2 form Reyes filed.

Need more employees. They have bigger fish to fry then a 2.1 mill refund to a private individual that was flagged by the computer.

Oh, okay. Missed that part.

Figures. Natural selection. Building idiot-proof systems only breeds bigger idiots.

They nicely buried the fact that if the card would have never been reported lost/stolen, this would not have been reviewed again... That is what I took from it. Wow... She already took 200k and she wants more? I suppose they would have caught her eventually... But who knows, maybe not.

To sum it up... Somehow she got lucky and got off the hook with the three person review only to put herself back on the hook... You think she'd guard that card... Then again there was the tidbit about the meth comes in... That surely done her in!

Remember kids: Stay off meth... Or good luck turns into bad luck!

They nicely buried the fact that if the card would have never been reported lost/stolen, this would not have been reviewed again... That is what I took from it. Wow... She already took 200k and she wants more? I suppose they would have caught her eventually... But who knows, maybe not.

To sum it up... Somehow she got lucky and got off the hook with the three person review only to put herself back on the hook... You think she'd guard that card... Then again there was the tidbit about the meth comes in... That surely done her in!

Remember kids: Stay off meth... Or good luck turns into bad luck!

I would have pulled all 2.1 at once And even reported it,

What do you do for a living?

The affidavit says other purchases included a queen-sized air mattress, a deep fryer, an air conditioner and a cream and gray floral rug. She bought a sofa and recliner with brown leather trim.

$180k?

That must be a nice floral rug. And I'm glad the reporter dug up the real dirt on the color of the trim on the furniture but not the names of the employees that hit "override" on the system. Nice system. Maybe some employees can get in on the action next year by overriding the system some more.

$180k?

That must be a nice floral rug. And I'm glad the reporter dug up the real dirt on the color of the trim on the furniture but not the names of the employees that hit "override" on the system. Nice system. Maybe some employees can get in on the action next year by overriding the system some more.

Also new tires for the 99 caravan. What brand? We need to know.