Patriots sign TE Visanthe Shiancoe

NewEra

You're proving my point. NFL analysts believe they are possibly the most taleted they've ever been. How do you suggest they are?

The national media doesn't/won't say it - they're personnel moves lately have been laughable.

So again, my personal opinion based on the back firing of all their personnel moves is, they are good but slipping from their dominant position.

They are slipping? Curious how you draw that conclusion? The Pats just played in the SB after coming off a 13 win season and have improved in the talent department. Sorry, I don't follow your logic on this one.

Not even close. The 2007 Pats team was the most talented of the Belichick era.

Perhaps so. Exclude that '07 team, or any of the SB winning teams also and compare them to the last 2 Pats teams that went 13-3 and 14-2 respectively. Many people believe this years Pats teams to be more talented. That doesn't indicate to me a team that is slipping due to poor personnel moves as is being argued by some.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriots draft basically 2 App Pro TEs, All Pro Punter, starting MLB, sstarting LCB, backup DE in 2010 draft, when you do things like that, you can afford to take fliers on guys, they are elite when it comes to players.

Look at the drafts before. Look at the drafts since. The Patriots are cashing in their last chips.

Look at the drafts before. Look at the drafts since. The Patriots are cashing in their last chips.

You mean like starting LT in round 1 and starting RB in 2011 and a nickel CB and backup QB. They did just fine in 2011. In 2009 they have a starting CB, RT, and many players on the roster. This year they cleaned up, they have drafted very well the last 4 seasons as a whole, not sure how anyone can deny that.

Last chips from when? The super bowl winning years? The current Pats team bears little resemblance to those SB teams or even that '07 team. They have completely overhauled the team with different talent since then yet they are still winning 13 and 14 games a season and playing in super bowls.

The facts are staring you right in the face. Don't let your dis-taste for them cloud your objectivity.

As hard as it is to say, Tom Brady is likely the best QB of all time, and it's the main reason the Pats* still win. Take Brady out of this Pats* team and you get the Colts without Manning. Yes, I know all about Matt Cassell. But that Pats* team still had a tremendous talent, especially on defense. The 2012 Pats* are a house of cards. Brady, Gronk, Welker, ?????

PTR

You forgot Wilfork.

Four great players and a bunch of question marks.

Four great players… four difference makers, can take any team far.

Only Gronk is entering his prime. The other three are in decline and their supporting cast is questionable at best.

I predicted the decline of the Jets last year and I'm predicting the decline of the Patriots this year. As I said two years ago, teams are either trending up or they're trending down. It's usually not difficult to figure out which is which if you're a halfway knowledgable football fan.

Last chips from when? The super bowl winning years? The current Pats team bears little resemblance to those SB teams or even that '07 team. They have completely overhauled the team with different talent since then yet they are still winning 13 and 14 games a season and playing in super bowls.

The facts are staring you right in the face. Don't let your dis-taste for them cloud your objectivity.

The facts are they have some really good players. Wilfork is about as good as you get, Brady is Brady, Welker is perfect fit for that team, and there are a few more I did not name. I am not comparing them to the past teams, others did and I commented on, but I am not scared of this team. The talent they added is good but there was not major clamoring for many of those players, even Brandon Lloyd. I do not have much distaste for the Patriots and I hope I can view them without objection but I cannot see the roster being all that impressive, especially on defense where almost nothing was done outside of the draft. Their schedule will help a lot.

You mean like starting LT in round 1 and starting RB in 2011 and a nickel CB and backup QB. They did just fine in 2011. In 2009 they have a starting CB, RT, and many players on the roster. This year they cleaned up, they have drafted very well the last 4 seasons as a whole, not sure how anyone can deny that.

That starting LT is hardly one you want to hang your hat on, their RB is far below their average starter, a nickel CB is not a huge factor but the way they found him is pretty cool - oh and he's dirty as heck. The backup QB is hard to really speculate, he's a backup. These players are average, at best. Starting on the Patriots doesn't just make you a great player unless you drink the kool aid in the mass media.

...I predicted the decline of the Jets last year...

Somehow, I still get the little bubble in my head thinking they have improved this year. Tebow might do very well and their defense didn't get any worse. They may rebound a little and gosh, could you imagine the Pats falling to 3? I can't, but imagine!