Patriots sign TE Visanthe Shiancoe

NewEra

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot understand what the goal is here? The guy has a chance to be on a roster this fall and here he will be no more then the third TE. I guess this is more of an insurance policy for Gronk.

Jake Ballard - 2 yrs (also from the Giants)

Daniel Fells - 5 yrs

Gronk - 3 yrs

Brad Herman - Rookie

Hernandez - 3 yrs

Tyler Urban - Rookie

Now Shiancoe?! Is this going to be something that will help them stop the pass rush? If there was a problem with starters I would understand this issue but by week 4 Shiancoe is just another backup when Fells comes back and Ballard is a wildcard.

I really would've liked to add him. Belicheat loves him some tight ends.

Insert What do Belicheat and Sandusky joke.

He signed with NE

Right, and if he was in talks with 2 teams and chose NE over a weak Philly group of TEs you think that would mean there's some kind of real role in NE not just 5th string league minimum benchwarmer.

Eagles roster:

Brett Brackett - 1 yr

Brent Celek - 6 yrs

Chase Ford - rookie

Clay Harbor - 3 yrs

Why would he not go to the Eagles?

My Point exactly. BB must have promised some real role you'd think? Maybe some other connection, who knows I suppose. Might like Brady over Vick, could be money.... Both of those amount to a bigger role though.

Edited by NoSaint

My Point exactly. BB must have promised some real role you'd think? Maybe some other connection, who knows I suppose. Might like Brady over Vick, could be money.... Both of those amount to a bigger role though.

Who the bloody heck would trust BB? I really hope he did not promise him something. I mean, wow.

With Brady on the Patriots he might catch 20-30 balls max. With Vick he might catch the same amount. Then figure which team will go further and you might slide with the Eagles. The market must be bottomed out on the Tight Ends.

Look for the Patriots to pull a Richard Seymour... and deal Gronk or Hernandez (maybe at the end of this year) for a first round pick. They are preparing for it now.

Doubtful they deal Gronk after the deal they gave him. Hernandez I can see, because he's looking for WR money.

Edited by Doc