A Scientific Approach To Better Play Calling

are you joking? Or just being rude (sudan) and clueless (archimedes tendon). I apologize if ur joking, the sarcasm didn't make it through to me.

I was under the impression (could be wrong) that the Nobel Prize is named after Alfred Nobel, who invented dynamite, and that the prize in various fields is given out at an awards ceremony each December in Sudan. Kinda strange that the Nobel piece prize is named after the guy who invented dynamite - - but hey, it is what it is. I still don't think that they give a Nobel prize out for comedy, but I'm not an expert about this stuff, and I didn't mean to offend anybody.

The important point here, though, is that Chan really could improve his play calling if he thought about his options in a foreign language. That's easy to make fun of, but it's what the research shows. The guy who came up with the idea didn't get invited to the Sudan for being clueless.

There's a lot we still don't know about how the brain and our nerdological system works. I don't claim to understand why people make more rational and less emotional decisions when they think about problems in a foreign language. But that is what the research shows. We should use every advantage we can get, and I think Chan is smart enough to do this.

Just my 2 drachma.

GO BILLS!

Archimedes' heel is appropriate because our offense may sink or float depending on Chan's ability to get the most of Freddy and CJ, especially when on the field at the same time.

GO BILLS!!!

I was a dead language major and I can't tell you how clearly I think when I've been drinking and start thinking in Carthaginian.

I don't believe in reincarnation. Besides, if you claim that you can't tell me how clearly you think in Carthaginian, you must be making that up, too, because the Nobel Prize-winning research predicts the exact opposite.

Oh, well played!

. . . I am still younger than Chan though.

I would think he should not get all the blame for Fitz throwing the long ball on 3rd and one when that is the read he makes (from what I hear it is his mechanics fault).

You raise an interesting point. Chan has what, maybe 15-20 seconds to make a play call so that there is still time for it to be communicated to others in the huddle? But Fitz has to make time-pressured decisions, too, based on his pre-snap and post-snap reads. So Fitz also ought to be thinking in a foreign language about things like whether to audible, or where to pass as he goes through his processions.

Anybody that has to make time-pressured decisions could benefit from a decision-making methodology that promotes rational thinking over emotional responses. Besides, for all we know, Fitz might already be doing this. He went to Harvard, after all, and if I remember right, he was an econ major. He may already know all about the Nobel Prize in economics for prospect theory. He was certainly doing something different early last season that floated his level of play before London Fletcher displaced his ribs.

What matters is thinking in a foreign language - - not communicating the decision in a foreign language after the decision is made. Why would Fitz jeapordize any secret competitive advantage by speaking in a foreign language? He could do that in English (and that way nobody else on the team has to learn German, or Klingon, or whatever).

Just my 2 rupees.

GO BILLS!