RIP Sally Ride

/dev/null

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in college USENET days, I had the pleasure of lurking in the same "space" group that she was in. Nice lady, sharp as hell, and made one of my all-time favorite quotes: she did NOT like the "safety" modifications they made to the program after Challenger (for which I don't blame her, as they were beyond useless and arguably counter-productive). Her quote: "Perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

Probably the best thing I ever learned in college. Thanks for that, Ms. Ride.

Back in college USENET days, I had the pleasure of lurking in the same "space" group that she was in. Nice lady, sharp as hell, and made one of my all-time favorite quotes: she did NOT like the "safety" modifications they made to the program after Challenger (for which I don't blame her, as they were beyond useless and arguably counter-productive). Her quote: "Perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

Great quote, I hate when freedoms and liberties are taken away for our safety. The most dangerous trend in the US today. That and the tea party.

her sister just announced she had been in a committed same sex relationship for decades that never seemed to emerge in public...i know of some people on facebook that are going to probably recant their rip wishes based on this news :wallbash: ...

How can you remember that????

her sister just announced she had been in a committed same sex relationship for decades that never seemed to emerge in public...i know of some people on facebook that are going to probably recant their rip wishes based on this news :wallbash: ...

No wonder her 1st marriage didnt last. Plus I believe she didnt have kids.

True story: I'm watching cnn last friday. Watched Piers Morgan. Then Anderson Cooper 360 was next on the west coast. I'm telling my wife, AC is probably already in colorodo. That I like him cause he is a fields guy. Then she tells me he's gay too. I was like what the heck????? Him too!!!

Who isnt gay these days????? Damn!

How can you remember that????

Seriously? I remember the most useless **** from 15 years ago on this board. I remember my first post here, and Bob Lamb beating the **** out of me for being stupid (note to Bob: thanks for the lesson in board etiquette. Miss your "On The Lamb" column. And "Kultarr's Pouch.")

You think I can't remember a memorable quote from Sally Ride?

Neither does the Tea Party

Oh I think they know exactly what they stand for. Probably the most well informed group of people regaring politics and what they believe in. Even if you disagree with their opinions you have to agree they know what they stand for.

wow...had forgotten about those 2 features...they were both awesome! Bob Lamb was/is a great guy

Seriously? I remember the most useless **** from 15 years ago on this board. I remember my first post here, and Bob Lamb beating the **** out of me for being stupid (note to Bob: thanks for the lesson in board etiquette. Miss your "On The Lamb" column. And "Kultarr's Pouch.")

You think I can't remember a memorable quote from Sally Ride?

It was kinda public, in that they didnt hide it, but they never cared to "announce" it because why should they?

The only reason we should care, is this: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/548987_3980635831097_1077822130_n.jpg

Edited by DrDareustein

Wow :blink:

First American woman in space. A NASA Pioneer

I figured this was someone whose accomplishments and contributions we could all cheer and celebrate

But then this quickly devolves into hating on the Tea Party and arguing Gay Rights

Forget I mentioned it guys.

:censored: