An Ethical Quandary

The Big Cat

A choice of tie is an ethical quandary? I thought this thread was going to be about how long he had to wait before hitting on the widow.

:lol: Yeah, me too.

As for the tie question...it depends. If I had an acquaintance who was a Fins fan who died, and we had a friendly, bantering rivalry about it, and it was requested that I wear a Dolphins tie...I'd wear a Bills tie, to celebrate that relationship. If not...well, I probably wouldn't wear a tie at all, since we weren't close enough to talk football. :D

I couldn't possibly give a **** about someone else telling me what I should wear, though. Frankly, that's between me and the deceased.

not sure how that is relevant...i wore a yarmulke to a friends son's bar mitzvah...or are you saying that it shouldn't matter either way....

Imagine that instead of being an OSU fan, the guy was a faithful Jew and that instead of it being a tie, it's a yarmulke.

There, does that help?

;)

not sure how that is relevant...i wore a yarmulke to a friends son's bar mitzvah...or are you saying that it shouldn't matter either way....

and for the record i wore a yankee yarmulke a friend brought back from israel for me

Imagine that instead of being an OSU fan, the guy was a faithful Jew and that instead of it being a tie, it's a yarmulke.

There, does that help?

;)

Am I Palestinian?

Besides being a fan or a former graduate, was the guy part of OSU or was he just a fan? If OSU is just the school he graduated from or something he was a fan of, then its your choice on what you want to wear. Your there to honor the deceased in whatever way you feel is appropriate. If soome people want to honor him by wearing his favorite teams tie, then thats their way. Besides the joy that other fans may get out of seeing the other guy wear a hated rival teams apparel, what will wearing the tie do for the deceased?

Am I Palestinian?

Besides being a fan or a former graduate, was the guy part of OSU or was he just a fan? If OSU is just the school he graduated from or something he was a fan of, then its your choice on what you want to wear. Your there to honor the deceased in whatever way you feel is appropriate. If soome people want to honor him by wearing his favorite teams tie, then thats their way. Besides the joy that other fans may get out of seeing the other guy wear a hated rival teams apparel, what will wearing the tie do for the deceased?

I wasn't saying there was a right answer one way or another, just offering a parallel. For me, I don't mind being a hypocrite for a couple of hours to honor the life of a deceased friend. I think of fanaticism in sports or religion to be quite similar and am happy to have outgrown moved past both.

I wasn't saying there was a right answer one way or another, just offering a parallel. For me, I don't mind being a hypocrite for a couple of hours to honor the life of a deceased friend. I think of fanaticism in sports or religion to be quite similar and am happy to have outgrown moved past both.

I wouldn't call that a parallel, ones faith vs. ones sports team shouldn't be classified as parallels IMO.

1343152455[/url]' post='2511951']

I wouldn't call that a parallel, ones faith vs. ones sports team shouldn't be classified as parallels IMO.

Of course for most people, 'faith' = 'religion' and most people put more conscious though into choosing a football team to support than a religion to follow.

The Bills are my religion. I continue to Bill-ieve even though they have never shown me evidence that glory truly awaits. They get a portion of my salary. I wake up every Sunday morning, put on my "best" outfit, and attend worship services for at least a few hours. I sing the hymn at the proper time (Hey-ey-EY-ey).

What DONT they have in common? :P

The only difference is, we KNOW Ralph exists. :devil:

Edited by DrDareustein

The Bills are my religion. I continue to Bill-ieve even though they have never shown me evidence that glory truly awaits. They get a portion of my salary. I wake up every Sunday morning, put on my "best" outfit, and attend worship services for at least a few hours. I sing the hymn at the proper time (Hey-ey-EY-ey).

What DONT they have in common? :P

The only difference is, we KNOW Ralph exists. :devil:

And is cheap.