Local honey as a cure for allergies

Beerball

Anyone done this? Been taking a teaspoon each morning for about a week. I haven't taken an allergy pill in that time and I'm feeling fine.

What I'm wondering is...do I have to take the honey every day, or is my body supposed to acclimate to the local pollens after a while?

It is a myth. I hate to break it to you. I am looking to getting in to beekeeping and have done some research. Many states do not allow beekeepers or honey producers to tout the allergy benefits of local honey - because the government will not let them.

Honey, does, however, assist in sore throats. Sore throats are a result of allergies often, and post nasal drip, as well. The honey coats the throat and can last a very long time.

article

It is a myth. I hate to break it to you. I am looking to getting in to beekeeping and have done some research. Many states do not allow beekeepers or honey producers to tout the allergy benefits of local honey - because the government will not let them.

Honey, does, however, assist in sore throats. Sore throats are a result of allergies often, and post nasal drip, as well. The honey coats the throat and can last a very long time.

article

IT'S REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Funny...I guess I have been coming here too long...I thought for sure I was going to open this thread, and Beerball would have posted a link to some article, about a female from WNY, busted for doing something tawdry, and explaining her actions as being a means of getting allergy relief... the term "local honey" just threw me! :P

Funny...I guess I have been coming here too long...I thought for sure I was going to open this thread, and Beerball would have posted a link to some article, about a female from WNY, busted for doing something tawdry, and explaining her actions as being a means of getting allergy relief... the term "local honey" just threw me! :P

Hahahahah I did the exact same thing

Anyone done this? Been taking a teaspoon each morning for about a week. I haven't taken an allergy pill in that time and I'm feeling fine.

What I'm wondering is...do I have to take the honey every day, or is my body supposed to acclimate to the local pollens after a while?

Heard about this for years. Have a friend that tried it and swears by it

Edited by dhg