Aurora Shooting: Does Tighter Gun Control Change the Outcome?

The US Government really needs to do a better job at taking care of it's own citizens and stop worrying about everyone else.

!@#$ that. I can take care of myself.

The US spends Trillions of dollars every year on wars and foreign aid.

Check your math, dumbass.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was also another car accident on I-90 today.

That's the same as early reports that multiple people were shot including cops with automatic weapons outside a university? No need to marginalize every incident of gun violence by comparing it to car accidents.

Yet another shooting outside Texas A&M. CNN reporting several people including officers shot.

Just saw that- not far from here. I reserve any opinion until details come out, better to not have a knee jerk reaction, particularly when there is a tragedy.

Just saw that- not far from here. I reserve any opinion until details come out, better to not have a knee jerk reaction, particularly when there is a tragedy.

It's not a knee jerk reaction to just post what I did. Just saying another shooting. Reportedly near a school with police and others shot with automatic weapons. Details fuzzy, that's early reporting...we'll see in the end what weapons used and how many shot and for what reason. That said, breaking news is breaking news. Every time any gun story comes up it's no a knee jerk reaction to do anything except compare it to a car accident.

Edited by TheNewBills

It's not a knee jerk reaction to just post what I did. Just saying another shooting. Reportedly near a school with police and others shot with automatic weapons. Details fuzzy, that's early reporting...we'll see in the end what weapons used and how many shot and for what reason. That said, breaking news is breaking news. Every time any gun story comes up it's no a knee jerk reaction to do anything except compare it to a car accident.

I agree with you on the car accident thing- that is not a viable thing to compare it to. I was saying that I wasn't going to have a knee jerk reaction- I wasn't relating that statement to your post.

You don't post well with a hangover.

It's good to know that the law prohibiting people from killing police officers was respected by the criminal types who typically kill police officers and that tragedy was prevented because criminals follow laws.

It's good to know that the law prohibiting people from killing police officers was respected by the criminal types who typically kill police officers and that tragedy was prevented because criminals follow laws.

If in fact automatic weapons were used, I would guess that the perpetrator/s all had the proper licenses to own automatic weapons.

Because for us regular Joes without that class of license, those weapons are illegal.

Guns need to be placed on double secret probation.

So an armed nutjob walks into a conservative family/anti-abortion policy firm in DC the day after it announces that Paul Ryan will be giving a talk there, and with a Chick-Fil-A bag in tow, opens fire on a security guard, who wrestles him to the ground.

On the upside, the target was one of those hateful conservative groups, so reporting should be all over before the evening news.

A security guard at the Family Research Council was shot and wounded Wednesday morning after a scuffle in the lobby of the group’s headquarters in downtown Washington, authorities said.

D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said the shooter walked into the lobby of the building at about 10:45 and was confronted by the security guard as if the guard was asking him where he was going.

The man then took out a gun and opened fire on the guard, Lanier said.
The guard and others wrestled the man to the ground, disarmed him and waited for police, she said. The guard was then taken to the hospital and is in stable condition, the chief said.

The shooter is in FBI custody and has not yet been charged, authorities said.

The security guard here is a hero, as far as I’m concerned,
” Lanier said. ”He did his job. The person never made it past the front.”

Media related:

‘Disagreed’

Jonah Goldberg

I’m nearing the end of a vacation, so I’ve stayed out of the Corner for the most part. But tonight after we came back from dinner, my wife said “look at this.” On her iPad was the Washington Post’s homepage. One of the headlines reads:

Police: Suspect disagreed with Family Research Council

“Disagreed”? The suspect shot someone. “Disagreed”!? Why so bombastic? Why not say that the would-be killer “had a different perspective’?

Now, I can’t really complain when authorities or newspapers (not the same thing) err on the side of caution. Nonetheless, I can’t help but be angry when the press exercises caution so selectively. I find it very hard to believe that a similar suspect entering the offices of a more politically correct organization would earn such restraint.

Media criticism is never the most important part of the story. The crime and the victims are the real story. Still, I thought it worth mentioning.

http://www.nationalr...-jonah-goldberg

Edited by B-Man

So an armed nutjob walks into a conservative family/anti-abortion policy firm in DC the day after it announces that Paul Ryan will be giving a talk there, and with a Chick-Fil-A bag in tow, opens fire on a security guard, who wrestles him to the ground.

On the upside, the target was one of those hateful conservative groups, so reporting should be all over before the evening news.

But Romney's "unhinged".

But Romney's "unhinged".

Are you kidding me? Romney's a !@#$ing maniac. I've got insiders and from what I hear this campaign is coming apart at the seams. Piles of blow, hookers, all night benders in high-dollar no-tell rooms. The guy's losing his mind; he thinks he's a Goddamn rock star.

Are you kidding me? Romney's a !@#$ing maniac. I've got insiders and from what I hear this campaign is coming apart at the seams. Piles of blow, hookers, all night benders in high-dollar no-tell rooms. The guy's losing his mind; he thinks he's a Goddamn rock star.

He does remind me of Mick Jagger

Re: Today's shooting at the Family Research Council:

it is instructive that after his attack failed and he was subdued, today’s shooter, Floyd Corkins, reportedly begged not be shot, saying that his assault was nothing personal, he just had a problem with the FRC’s politics.

Apparently, Corkins thought he was entitled to mercy because his politics were pure.

Let me be clear: Corkins alone is to blame for his attack; no culpability of any kind attaches to critics, no matter how vehement, of the FRC. But the notion that violent attacks become more (see hate cirmes) or less culpable by virtue of the political or social opinions behind them is widespread, and implicit in the double standard employed by the media in covering incidents like today’s.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/08/the-shooting-at-the-frc-and-double-standards.php