Aurora Shooting: Does Tighter Gun Control Change the Outcome?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What part of "cold, dead hands" don't you understand?

Ha. I don't know if you are arguing with me or yourself. Wanting to ban guns is nonsensical to me, but if they were illegal, you wouldn't have one in your hands, regardless of how cold or dead they were.

Ha. I don't know if you are arguing with me or yourself. Wanting to ban guns is nonsensical to me, but if they were illegal, you wouldn't have one in your hands, regardless of how cold or dead they were.

That's exactly my point. Go ahead and make them illegal, then come enforce your new law. I dare you.

(edit: not you, in the specific.)

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

That's exactly my point. Go ahead and make them illegal, then come enforce your new law. I dare you.

(edit: not you, in the specific.)

I'm good with that. I just wanted to make sure you didn't misinterpret what I said. However, we are a nation of laws, and as bad as banning guns would be, they would be illegal in that case. No worries as it is just as likely as the banning of abortions.

Well with these latest posts from TYTT, think it's time to bow out. They speak volumes without me needing to comment. He and some others are getting closer to the edge, and I think we can all agree last thing we need is another crazy with guns running around out there. note however how all this has highlighted the disturbing but obvious inverse relationship between gun love and intelligence. But I never intended to take over this block anyway. Just borrow it, burn it down and they can have it back.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Hey Jim, you post a video over 10 years old, with a short measurement window, as the final definitive test? Clearly you're just proving my earlier point that gun worshippers have no interest in any kind of legit debate that could lead to removing their guns.

Like why not post this more recent date I found on the land down under ?

Over the past 18 years (1 July 1989 to 30 June 2007), the rate* of homicide incidents decreased from 1.9 in 1990-91 and 1992-93 to the second-lowest recorded rate, of 1.3, in 2006-07. *rate per 100,000 population.

The percentage of homicides committed with a firearm continued a declining trend which began in 1969. In 2003, fewer than 16% of homicides involved firearms. The figure was similar in 2002 and 2001, down from a high of 44% in 1968.

http://www.aic.gov.au/statistics/homicide.aspx

And like I said we can look to countries who dramatically toghtened their gun laws for guidance, positive and negative. Sounds like australia could have phased it in better. So let's learn from them and do better. How about 2 phases: year 1 rifles, year 2 everything else ? Give owners a window of protection while the bad guys are being disarmed. Or how about giving non-lethal tazer vouchers for households turning in guns?

Just some ideas and a suggested framework Jim,, not claiming all the answers, impossible for me to have them (why of course you keep demanding every last detail, just a transparent maneuver to try and undermine the process from the start).

Gun owners have no interest in debate? You have been treating this as a case closed issue from the start. Guns must be confiscated, period. The only thing you are "debating" is how fast and in what order.

Little differance you need to think about between US and those wonderfully enlightened super safe countries you so admire. When you put your confiscation plan into effect, how to deal with that silly obsolete 2nd amendment?

It really must have killed your kind when DC v Heller came out. Followed by McDonald v. Chicago. But there it is 2nd upheld by SCOTUS. So looks like your little gun ban dream will stay just that.

Oh and how nice of you to give me a taser voucher for $10,000 worth of guns.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Well with these latest posts from TYTT, think it's time to bow out. They speak volumes without me needing to comment. He and some others are getting closer to the edge, and I think we can all agree last thing we need is another crazy with guns out there. Can't help but note however how all this has highlighted the disturbing but obvious inverse relationship between gun love and intelligence. Good thing I never intended to take over his block in the first place. Just borrow it, burn it down and they can have it back.

You feel like you've won this argument?

Apparently some nut is running around in Wisconsin shooting people.

CNN Breaking News

Gunman still on loose after multiple shootings at Sikh temple near Milwaukee, CNN affiliate WTMJ reporting. on.cnn.com/ckS2ec

3 minutes ago from web

TV reported 8-20 people but they really don't have details.

Apparently some nut is running around in Wisconsin shooting people.

Not "running around Wisconsin." Walking into a Sikh temple and shooting it up. Apparently a bald, heavy-set white guy.

I'm guessing it's someone too stupid to know the difference between "Sikh" and "Muslim." Or, as the media will call him: "Tea Partier".

Not "running around Wisconsin." Walking into a Sikh temple and shooting it up. Apparently a bald, heavy-set white guy.

I'm guessing it's someone too stupid to know the difference between "Sikh" and "Muslim." Or, as the media will call him: "Tea Partier".

That's running around Wisconsin... They are on the "regional plan" up there. :-P

Well by running around I just mean reportedly ongoing...as of yet the guy is still "running around" so to speak

There was a bald, heavy-set white guy in WI who recently joined the Tea Party. Just sayin.

Well by running around I just mean reportedly ongoing...as of yet the guy is still "running around" so to speak

When someone says "running around shooting"...I think "DC Sniper".

So if I misunderstood, it's completely understandable. And your fault. :P

Guns aren't the problem its our government. The US Government really needs to do a better job at taking care of it's own citizens and stop worrying about everyone else. The US spends Trillions of dollars every year on wars and foreign aid. That money should be put to use within the Unitied states. Creating jobs, and educating our youth will save people from financial ruin. Everyone in washington understands this but they can't get off their high horses long enough to work together. The US government is crippled. The constant party line fighting causes changes to either never go through or at a snails pace while the country suffers.