Colorado shootings

If you paid any attention to this on something like Twitter you'd see his point, which is WAY ahead of where you are in the equation. The smoke wasn't done coming off the barrel of the gun before libs were posting that this was caused by recent Rush comments about the Batman movie. It was ALL over the place. First thing this morning, ABC News reports the killer was a member of the Tea Party because the Aurora Tea Party website is run by a guy with the same name, so it MUST be him, right? I mean, how many Jim Holmes can there be in Colorado?

An hour later, they issue a public apology for the error. But hey...no harm, no foul, right?

If you weren't so quick to stand in judgement of someone with differing political views, you would find that you're both saying the same thing in different ways.

Or ... you could read what I wrote.

Yet you make no mention of the media (ABC), who wields so much more influence than RK which elicited his over the top response.

Okey Dokey

lol

Or... you could read what I wrote.

Or... you could read what I wrote.

I did, and my statement still stands

ABC News and Brian Ross are apologizing for an "incorrect" report that James Holmes, the suspect in the Colorado theater shooting, may have had connections to the Tea Party.

"An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect," ABC News said in a statement. "ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted."

In a similar statement released minutes earlier, ABC News said the report was "incorrect" but, rather than apologize, wrote: "Several other local residents with similar names were also contacted via social media by members of the public who mistook them for the suspect." The statement appeared at first to be an attempt byt the network to abdicate responsibility for the report.

ABC's apology comes after Ross reported this morning that there is "a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site... talking about him joining the Tea Party last year."

"Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes," Ross cautioned "but it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado."

ABC News is the only network or cable news channel to suggest a possible Tea Party connection, which Ross based off a single Tea Party Patriots webpage that has the name "Jim Holmes."

So now we see that ABC was incorrect with their reporting LOL

great job ABC NEWS, you deserve the Shittiest reporting of the year. You decided to take a horrific attack and attempt to turn it into a political "lets bash the Tea Party" moment.

!@#$ing idiots

I actually referenced what you wrote, but you apparently see no need to discuss this...only to stick with your first reaction. Which is fine. It keeps me from spending any more time discussing it with you. Carry on.

I actually referenced what you wrote, but you apparently see no need to discuss this...only to stick with your first reaction. Which is fine. It keeps me from spending any more time discussing it with you. Carry on.

You did ... but without understanding the point. Which was maybe my fault for not being clear enough.

The reaction to this incident and how quickly it turned political is shameful. It's beyond that, it goes to show why this country is so fragmented. Twitter, ABC, PPP -- it's an unending cycle of vitriol and divisiveness. RK's post, whether in reaction to ABC or not, is part of the problem. You coming on here to defend it is part of the problem.

Finding a solution to the problem isn't going to happen if the cycle continues. I would think as individuals we'd be above that -- or at least strive to be above it.

But here we are. 2 pages into a thread talking about how the right is a victim of the left and not the recently departed. It's shameful.

I can see the Shooters apartment building from my window, basically. As i arrived at work this AM, there were SWAT officers every 25 feet as they evacuated the building.

They are also evecuating the two research towers here at campus, I assume they think this kid booby trapped something where we was doing his research.

Sad day.