Colorado shootings

Theres a certain copy cat effect where unstable losers across the country witness some other loser getting 15 minutes of fame for committing a cowardly heinous act and decide that they can leave a big ugly stain as well. I wish the media would stop reporting these stories or at least report them differently. Rather than describing the perpetrators of such acts as cold blooded killers marginalized by society, paint them as pathetic losers. Instead of the customary "chilling" pics of said loser decked out in military gear holding an assault rifle, why not a pic of the guy in big pink bunny suit?

Theres a certain copy cat effect where unstable losers across the country witness some other loser getting 15 minutes of fame for committing a cowardly heinous act and decide that they can leave a big ugly stain as well. I wish the media would stop reporting these stories or at least report them differently. Rather than describing the perpetrators of such acts as cold blooded killers marginalized by society, paint them as pathetic losers. Instead of the customary "chilling" pics of said loser decked out in military gear holding an assault rifle, why not a pic of the guy in big pink bunny suit?

You don't think they would bother to show a pic of the perp if he was dressed in a pink bunny suit?

As a white male christian hetero right winger TEA party Fox and Rush watching/listening guy, Ill just save you all the !@#$ing time and take responsibility for this happening.

Youre welcome.

Well I'm glad that you were able to make yourself feel like the victim here.

F@ck police just confirmed via video probes that his apt is booby trapped with a sophisticated system of highly flammable and explosive materials.

Sheesh. One wonders what his crazed agenda was, if he was even sane enough to have one. Poor people just wanted to enjoy a movie and they stumble into a terrorist attack.

Carpe diem, folks.

A horrible situation, my prayers goes out to the victims and their families.

As to the 'journalism" point..............ABC news did exactly that, and went to the TEA party site first to try and make a connection.

ABC draws possible Tea Party connection with alleged Aurora shooter

ABC News has suggested that James Holmes -- the suspect in today's shooting in Aurora, Colorado -- may have a connection to the Tea Party.

ABC's Brian Ross reported this morning that there is "a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site... talking about him joining the Tea Party last year."

"Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes," Ross cautioned "but it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado."

Politico

There are two men named James Holmes in Aurora, and one named Jamie Holmes. Jamie Holmes is 45-49, and the other James Holmes is 50-54. It's overwhelmingly likely that it's one of the two middle-aged men who belongs to the Tea Party.

It took average people about two seconds to establish this, and they're not reporters.

Edited by B-Man

I can't even fathom another interpretation of your post. Jokingly put or not, your first reaction to all of this is that the damn liberals are going to politicize it.

And hey, maybe they will, but you beat them to the punch.

Without question. RK's post sums up everything wrong with political discourse in this country today. The fact his first (public) reaction to a tragedy such as this is to cry political victim is offensive to my very core. I'm not trying to throw him under the bus because he certainly isn't the only one to feel that way ... he was just the first to express it on here.

It's shameful.

Without question. RK's post sums up everything wrong with political discourse in this country today. The fact his first (public) reaction to a tragedy such as this is to cry political victim is offensive to my very core. I'm not trying to throw him under the bus because he certainly isn't the only one to feel that way ... he was just the first to express it on here.

It's shameful.

As opposed to the majority of Americans, whose first reaction was probably "Well, I'm not going to see Batman THIS weekend, it's far too dangerous."

Really? You can't fathom the interpretation of "he was mocking you"?

Well, I haven't made a single post relating the TEA Party to violence, so if he was mocking me he was barking up the wrong tree.

As opposed to the majority of Americans, whose first reaction was probably "Well, I'm not going to see Batman THIS weekend, it's far too dangerous."

In this particular case I'd say that fear of a copycat is far from illogical, especially give the film's subject matter (and its predecessor's). That said, I'm still going tonight.

Again, I'm NOT trying to throw RK under the bus as he is but one of a million morons out there that has contributed to our society reaching this point. I myself am also clearly one of those morons as well. While I understand his intent, the fact that he felt compelled to defend his political beliefs in light of this incident -- as if the two were related -- is offensive to me.

Our entire discourse as a society has become so combative, so vitriolic, that less than 12 hours after a crazy !@#$ shoots up an entire movie theater blowhards on BOTH sides are out in force trying to distance themselves from the criminal OR pin the cause on their opposition.

It's shameful to me. It's why this country is f*cked.

It's shameful.

If you paid any attention to this on something like Twitter you'd see his point, which is WAY ahead of where you are in the equation. The smoke wasn't done coming off the barrel of the gun before libs were posting that this was caused by recent Rush comments about the Batman movie. It was ALL over the place. First thing this morning, ABC News reports the killer was a member of the Tea Party because the Aurora Tea Party website is run by a guy with the same name, so it MUST be him, right? I mean, how many Jim Holmes can there be in Colorado?

An hour later, they issue a public apology for the error. But hey...no harm, no foul, right?

If you weren't so quick to stand in judgement of someone with differing political views, you would find that you're both saying the same thing in different ways.

Again, I'm NOT trying to throw RK under the bus as he is but one of a million morons out there that has contributed to our society reaching this point. I myself am also clearly one of those morons as well. While I understand his intent, the fact that he felt compelled to defend his political beliefs in light of this incident -- as if the two were related -- is offensive to me.

Our entire discourse as a society has become so combative, so vitriolic, that less than 12 hours after a crazy !@#$ shoots up an entire movie theater blowhards on BOTH sides are out in force trying to distance themselves from the criminal OR pin the cause on their opposition.

Yet you make no mention of the media (ABC), who wields so much more influence than RK which elicited his over the top response.

Okey Dokey

lol

Edited by WorldTraveller

Marilyn Manson's Rolling Stone article about the scapegoat mentality in light of the Columbine shootings rings true today I don't agree with everything he says, but the media are still a bunch of vultures who facilitate our seeming instinct to play the blame game.

If you paid any attention to this on something like Twitter you'd see his point, which is WAY ahead of where you are in the equation. The smoke wasn't done coming off the barrel of the gun before libs were posting that this was caused by recent Rush comments about the Batman movie. It was ALL over the place. First thing this morning, ABC News reports the killer was a member of the Tea Party because the Aurora Tea Party website is run by a guy with the same name, so it MUST be him, right? I mean, how many Jim Holmes can there be in Colorado?

An hour later, they issue a public apology for the error. But hey...no harm, no foul, right?

If you weren't so quick to stand in judgement of someone with differing political views, you would find that you're both saying the same thing in different ways.

Except he made specific reference to "you all", presumably the liberals on PPP who had made no such comment. The whole thing reeked of his hostile me-against-the-world shtick.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine