Only 51 days until the 2012 Bills Season begins. Why #51 Chris White i

Is White good enough to cast some of the newcomers to the PS? IMO, I don't think his upside is as high as the others.

After his selection last year, Bills Scout Shawn Heinlen was effusive in his praise of White:

"He's an instinctive player that plays downhill… one thing that sticks out to me is with Chris is that you can actually see him going to the ball as it's snapped… his ability to diagnose plays and fill run lanes is better than anyone I saw this year on tape."

http://www.buffalobi...63-21dd7e765af0

I do see Chris white in the bottom 3 of the 9 linebackers on the roster.

I don't.

We'll see.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

After his selection last year, Bills Scout Shawn Heinlen was effusive in his praise of White:

"He's an instinctive player that plays downhill… one thing that sticks out to me is with Chris is that you can actually see him going to the ball as it's snapped… his ability to diagnose plays and fill run lanes is better than anyone I saw this year on tape."

In all fairness, those are comments about his college play.

Did he continue to get better last year? and does he project to be better than the others like Moats, Batten (DE?) and the others that are fighting it out for just a few roster spots?

I dunno, I'll leave it up to you guys to dissect his skillset and stats vs. the others.

I don't.

We'll see.

He is my 'dark horse' for most improved player on the team. I say this for a couple of reasons. First the Bills have a lot of questions at LB. God forbid a few injuries happen there, White will be asked to produce more. I personally liked his credentials coming out of college. You cannot overlook a players production in the SEC. Hopefully White is fully healthy and able to show he has what it takes this year. Also playing behind the front four the Bills have will benefit every LB.

To me he seems faster and more agile then Poz. He doesn't play as 'big' as Poz and thus able to take on lineman or FBs as well, but i think he could be a rotational guy that spells some of the older LBs on the roster.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

In all fairness, those are comments about his college play.

Did he continue to get better last year? and does he project to be better than the others like Moats, Batten (DE?) and the others that are fighting it out for just a few roster spots?

I dunno, I'll leave it up to you guys to dissect his skillset and stats vs. the others.

FWIW, Chris White was leading the Bills in special teams tackles before he got injured and was finished for the season by week 7.

He and Corey McIntyre were basically destroying our opponents on kick coverage.

On the downside, he's still recovering from his knee injury and didn't take any reps during minicamp.

I haven't heard where he is in his rehab or whether he'll be ready for training camp.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan