Dark Knight Rises - Midnight Screening Roll-Call

ajzepp

Little behind here, but finally saw TDKR last night.

I had heard some folks criticize it. I am surprised.

Thought the story was absolutely compelling, the acting (esp by Hathaway and Gordon-Leavitt) well-done, and the ending perfect.

Added bonus--much of the filming was done right by my building in downtown Pittsburgh, so it was cool to see all the places I know in the movie.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little behind here, but finally saw TDKR last night.

I had heard some folks criticize it. I am surprised.

Thought the story was absolutely compelling, the acting (esp by Hathaway and Gordon-Leavitt) well-done, and the ending perfect.

Added bonus--much of the filming was done right by my building in downtown Pittsburgh, so it was cool to see all the places I know in the movie.

Glad you saw it...sounds like you felt about it as I did. Agree about the acting...JG-L is one of the top 10 best character actors in Hollywood, and on my list he's probably top 5. His body of work shows a TON of versatility...he's able to expertly portray the helpless romantic greeting card writer in "500 Days of Summer", to the pot smoking, hell raising "Hesher", to the heartless, cavalier thug with the itchy trigger finger in "Killshot". I really wonder if people are taking note of his resume here, cause it's very impressive.

Glad you saw it...sounds like you felt about it as I did. Agree about the acting...JG-L is one of the top 10 best character actors in Hollywood, and on my list he's probably top 5. His body of work shows a TON of versatility...he's able to expertly portray the helpless romantic greeting card writer in "500 Days of Summer", to the pot smoking, hell raising "Hesher", to the heartless, cavalier thug with the itchy trigger finger in "Killshot". I really wonder if people are taking note of his resume here, cause it's very impressive.

Versatile is great way to describe JGL. When TDKR started, I was shocked that he was cast as the beat cop--didn't think it was a good fit. I was wrong--he pulled it off beautifully.

Versatile is great way to describe JGL. When TDKR started, I was shocked that he was cast as the beat cop--didn't think it was a good fit. I was wrong--he pulled it off beautifully.

Same here...I didn't think he could do ANY of these roles he's gotten...hard to believe he was the kid from 3rd Rock.

You didn't think he could do Bert Gonzalez?

( :lol: Oh geez, I'm sorry but that was a great character!)

I may need to google that for myself....no idea who that is

I have yet to see "Hesher", but I agree with you and JR, JGL is really showing how talented he is.

This is also turning out to be quite a year for JGL. He's got "Premium Rush" out at the end of the month, he'll be alongside Bruce Willis in "Looper" in September, and then he'll be Robert Todd Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's biopic "Lincoln" in November.

Glad you enjoyed TDKR, JR. I don't know why it has gotten many criticisms from some people either.

Women in Trouble (he appears during the credits in this one) and Electra Luxx.

You haven't seen these? Do yourself the favor!

Wow, yeah, totally not even on my radar....thanks man!

I have yet to see "Hesher", but I agree with you and JR, JGL is really showing how talented he is.

This is also turning out to be quite a year for JGL. He's got "Premium Rush" out at the end of the month, he'll be alongside Bruce Willis in "Looper" in September, and then he'll be Robert Todd Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's biopic "Lincoln" in November.

Glad you enjoyed TDKR, JR. I don't know why it has gotten many criticisms from some people either.

Hesher was a pretty good film where he was phenomenal. Killshot was an ok film, but one where he was still phenomenal. I highly recommend both for anyone wanting to get an up close look at just how versatile this kid is. I will easily include him in the conversation of the best character actors...he's probably sitting next to Phillip Seymour Hoffman as my two favorites.

didn't know about the Lincoln biopic--I will definitely have to see it.

Mark, I read your post earlier in the thread, and we were in total agreement on the film. I wonder if people who were so hyped up for this movie had unrealistic expectations or something, and thus came away disappointed. I don't know how anyone can rip such a wonderful plot (with good twists), and great acting.

He certainly has come a long way. That young nerdy kid from 3rd rock from the sun is now officially out of my head. I guess it never helped my perception of him that I couldn't stand that show when it was on.