Dark Knight Rises - Midnight Screening Roll-Call

ajzepp

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as a side note: who the hell brings a 3 month old to a movie?

At 12:30 in the morning... Same with the 6 year old... They should be sleeping and getting their "clock" in order. I work 4-12 sometimes and when I go home I sometimes run to the all night grocery store... Totally shocked that people are dragging their kids out that late... Some of school age on school nights!

I know this is not a big deal... But 3 months? A tad bit pushing it, especially a thing as silly as a movie!

Which scene with Lucius? Is this after the credits?

Where he goes to R&D or whatever and the guy there tells him about the autopilot patch.

Edited by LeviF91

Just got home...I have to say, that actually exceeded my expectations. I don't remember a single time when my mind wandered due to the pacing slowing down too much, which surprised me given the running time. I saw one review before I went that complained how the story was told with too many flashbacks but that is just a complete non-factor for me. The flashbacks were appropriate to the story and I didn't feel as if there were too many at all. The acting was phenomenal, Hardy as Bane was intimidating as all hell, and I loved the way the story came full-circle from the first Nolan film, especially the Raj-al-gul (sp) story arc. My favorite aspect of these films has been the fact that they don't feel like superhero/comic films at all. They feel like vigilante dramas more than they do anything else. I think it's very refreshing compared to Batman efforts of the past.

Thumbs way up from me...this was a strong trilogy from start to finish and the last chapter was a very satisfying conclusion. I hope the rest of you guys enjoy(ed) it as much as I did.

Saw it tonight and loved it. The entire cast delivered in this film. Tom Hardy did a fine job as Bane, even though there are times when his voice being so pronounced comes off as a bit ridiculous and he can be difficult to understand. The brawls between Batman & Bane is great old school action. Two protagonists just trying to beat the living hell out of each other. I loved the angle they played with Marion Cotillard being Talia Al Ghul, big kudos to Nolan for keeping the lid on that surprise. Anne Hathaway surprised the hell out of me. I was not that crazy about her being Selina Kyle/Catwoman, and I've always thought of her as overrated as an actor, and she's played the "sweet" character so many times. However, she did a fine job in this movie, and there are several fun Batman/Catwoman moments. I liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt's "Blake" character, and they gave us an interesting end with his possible future. Loved that we saw Professor/Judge Crane. I do agree with you aj, about the bright skies ending, which I do not have a big problem with, but it would have been more artistic if we didn't actually see Bruce sitting at another table from Alfred. Having Alfred just smile would have been enough. I wasn't all that pleased to see Bruce sitting with Selina, that just seems odd. The Batman/Catwoman dynamic is that while they may have something going on, they do not end up together. It just felt weird. Also, what was the deal with Selina Kyle's "girlfriend"? I did not understand what she brought to the story at all. I could go on and on about this movie.

Thank you one last time Christopher Nolan for giving us a splendid trilogy. Tonight was fantastic yet bittersweet.

Good point about Anne Hathaway, Mark. She definitely deserves props for her role. Like you, I wasn't sure I was all that happy about the casting choice, but hell, if Nolan hasn't earned my confidence by now I don't know what else he could do. The guy is a genius and he makes money decisions time and time again. Just a solid film, and a solid trilogy...start to finish.

Meanwhile a man who lived across the street from Holmes told the NY Post he used to "see him smoking weed behind the apartment."

Just like the face eater. I thought pot smokers never get !@#$ed up in the head or do anything violent?

Good point about Anne Hathaway, Mark. She definitely deserves props for her role. Like you, I wasn't sure I was all that happy about the casting choice, but hell, if Nolan hasn't earned my confidence by now I don't know what else he could do. The guy is a genius and he makes money decisions time and time again. Just a solid film, and a solid trilogy...start to finish.

Got that right. Christopher Nolan gets the very best out of his actors, and I can not wait to see what his next project will be.

As for Anne Hathaway, this could be a very big year for her. First she shows that she can play a dark character in this film, then we get to see her sing in "Les Miserables", this December.

On a side note, any opinions on that "Man of Steel" teaser we all saw?

Got that right. Christopher Nolan gets the very best out of his actors, and I can not wait to see what his next project will be.

As for Anne Hathaway, this could be a very big year for her. First she shows that she can play a dark character in this film, then we get to see her sing in "Les Miserables", this December.

I will watch anything Nolan does at this point...

I think you'll know what i mean when I say this, but the fact that I had no idea it was the trailer for Man of Steel until about half way into it was a positive in my eyes.

I will watch anything Nolan does at this point...

I think you'll know what i mean when I say this, but the fact that I had no idea it was the trailer for Man of Steel until about half way into it was a positive in my eyes.

I gotcha. Also the fact that Nolan is a part of the "Man of Steel" movie, is a big positive.

Unfortunately the rest of the trailers I saw were more on the meh side.

I was hoping for "The Hobbit", or other stuff for next summer like "After Earth" or "Pacific Rim".

Oh well, all in due time.

TDKR was one hell of a movie. Very very good. At the risk of being called blasphemous, I did not like Inception and thought TDK was a bit too glum and serious to be a superhero movie. While I appreciate the darker movies, we need some fun included also. In the effort to make such movies more than comic-book adaptations, Nolan kinda went too much to the other other side in TDK. However, this movie brings it all back - a perfect blend of action, social commentary, superhero-ism etc. Absolutely loved it. All the actors did a stupendous job also and I liked how he had one fleeting shot of Tom Hardy pre-Bane to show people who the actor is. The last 30 minutes is pure masterful film making.

I gotcha. Also the fact that Nolan is a part of the "Man of Steel" movie, is a big positive.

Unfortunately the rest of the trailers I saw were more on the meh side.

I was hoping for "The Hobbit", or other stuff for next summer like "After Earth" or "Pacific Rim".

Oh well, all in due time.

You know, I thought I saw Nolan's name on the trailer...I'm glad you said that cause it was so late that I wasn't sure if I saw that right or not. I'm even more interested in that one now.

You know, I thought I saw Nolan's name on the trailer...I'm glad you said that cause it was so late that I wasn't sure if I saw that right or not. I'm even more interested in that one now.

Nolan has a writing credit with "Man of Steel." Specifically he and David S. Goyer are getting "Story" credits, and Goyer is getting "Screenplay" credit.

Zack Snyder is the director.

Nolan has a writing credit with "Man of Steel." Specifically he and David S. Goyer are getting "Story" credits, and Goyer is getting "Screenplay" credit.

Zack Snyder is the director.

Wow, I"m not all that familiar with Goyer by name, but Snyder and Nolan is a mini-dream team...sort of like JJ Abrahms and Spielberg were.

I seem to be in the minority here... While I liked the movie, I don't think it was anywhere near as good as the first two in the trilogy. Maybe it's because I'm not a big Batman fan in general and know little about the history, but it just wasn't that captivating to me. Now it WAS better than most movies I've seen, but it was just several steps below the first two to me.

Also, was I the only one who knew that the bad woman (whose name I forget...) was going to be bad from practically the first scene she was in? And Bruce saw a scar on her back, they zoomed in on it (which is what told me - "BAD!"), but they never talked about it again... What was that about?

I'm glad I saw it. It's definitely worth watching. Just not as epic as the first two, IMHO.

I seem to be in the minority here... While I liked the movie, I don't think it was anywhere near as good as the first two in the trilogy. Maybe it's because I'm not a big Batman fan in general and know little about the history, but it just wasn't that captivating to me. Now it WAS better than most movies I've seen, but it was just several steps below the first two to me.

Also, was I the only one who knew that the bad woman (whose name I forget...) was going to be bad from practically the first scene she was in? And Bruce saw a scar on her back, they zoomed in on it (which is what told me - "BAD!"), but they never talked about it again... What was that about?

I'm glad I saw it. It's definitely worth watching. Just not as epic as the first two, IMHO.

Interesting...it will be fun to discuss which was the best film of the trilogy for sure. I'm still sort of marinating on it, but if I had to say where I'm at right now, I'd likely consider this the best of the three by a hair. For some reason, I felt this was the most complete film in terms of back story, intensity, acting, resolution, etc...it's a very tight race between this one and the last one.

Interesting...it will be fun to discuss which was the best film of the trilogy for sure. I'm still sort of marinating on it, but if I had to say where I'm at right now, I'd likely consider this the best of the three by a hair. For some reason, I felt this was the most complete film in terms of back story, intensity, acting, resolution, etc...it's a very tight race between this one and the last one.

Did you see the spoiler I mentioned above? What did you think about that?

Did you see the spoiler I mentioned above? What did you think about that?

I did...

*spoilers*

Since Wayne was trained by Raz, you'd think he recognized the tatt, but you're right, they didn't really follow that up. I thought they did explain her role in the whole thing pretty well, though, including the Bane back story, so I was pretty satisfied with that. Is your point that they should have followed up more on him seeing the tatt?