Dark Knight Rises - Midnight Screening Roll-Call

ajzepp

I had a blast going to the midnight showing (actually it was like 2am or something) of The Avengers, so was wondering who was going to be hitting the midnight showings for TDKR?

**I'm hoping anyone who goes will chime in with their thoughts about the film when they get back, so fair warning that the posts that follow may contain spoilers!!!**

Anyone planning on going? I'm 90% certain I'll be there...my favorite theater has a crapload of showtimes between midnight and 0300, including two IMAX shows. Not sure which I want to go to yet.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a blast going to the midnight showing (actually it was like 2am or something) of The Avengers, so was wondering who was going to be hitting the midnight showings for TDKR?

**I'm hoping anyone who goes will chime in with their thoughts about the film when they get back, so fair warning that the posts that follow may contain spoilers!!!**

Anyone planning on going? I'm 90% certain I'll be there...my favorite theater has a crapload of showtimes between midnight and 0300, including two IMAX shows. Not sure which I want to go to yet.

I'm going. Don't need sleep anyway.

I am mixed between wanting to see it and waiting. I have heard a lot of negative reviews from it and the last thing I want to do is get so moved and pumped that I go see it early ...then it blows up in my face.

One of the theaters near me is showing the first two leading up to the midnight showing of the new one. Starts around 6pm I think. I was considering that or just the 12am show but I have off tomorrow so I'm planning on just hitting up one around noon.

Can't imagine it will live up to the last film but I hope it comes close.

I'm going. Don't need sleep anyway.

Sleeping is such a waste of time...imagine how much more we could accomplish in life if we didn't need it.

I am mixed between wanting to see it and waiting. I have heard a lot of negative reviews from it and the last thing I want to do is get so moved and pumped that I go see it early ...then it blows up in my face.

Have you really? You're pretty much in the same position I was with Prometheus.

One of the theaters near me is showing the first two leading up to the midnight showing of the new one. Starts around 6pm I think. I was considering that or just the 12am show but I have off tomorrow so I'm planning on just hitting up one around noon.

Can't imagine it will live up to the last film but I hope it comes close.

The last film was damn good, so I agree. The aspect of this one that really gives me hope is the presence of Tom Hardy and, to a lesser extent, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. These are two of the best character actors on the planet, in addition to being two of my favorites. I really enjoyed both prior Nolan Batman films so it's really hard for me to imagine not enjoying this one. The running time is 2:44, though, which is a real challenge for me...I don't often do well in those seats longer than 2 hrs...but Avengers was pretty long, too, so that's not a deal breaker.

Work is going to suck tomorrow. I've had my tickets for at least a month now.

You goin' IMAX or regular big screen?

You goin' IMAX or regular big screen?

I tried for IMAX but the only tickets I saw available even 2-3 months ago started at 8am. So I went with the standard screen.

I tried for IMAX but the only tickets I saw available even 2-3 months ago started at 8am. So I went with the standard screen.

That's the way I'm leaning, as well. And I'm kinda glad this movie isn't in 3-D lol.

That's the way I'm leaning, as well. And I'm kinda glad this movie isn't in 3-D lol.

Me too. I am definitely in the likely smaller camp that doesn't like the 3-D movement. Mostly seems like a cash grab to me.

I read an interview with Nolan a while back and he said the studios wanted him to do 3-D for this film but he refused. Gained so much more respect for him after that. :thumbsup:

Me too. I am definitely in the likely smaller camp that doesn't like the 3-D movement. Mostly seems like a cash grab to me.

I read an interview with Nolan a while back and he said the studios wanted him to do 3-D for this film but he refused. Gained so much more respect for him after that. :thumbsup:

Yep, I enjoy it at home but really the only film I've seen in 3D at the theater that I felt was worth the price was Avatar. I typically will just choose the regular 2D film at the theater unless I have reason to believe there is something special about the 3D version.

My buddy works at Warner Bros and got me into a free screening for employees yesterday on the WB lot. This was moviemaking at it's finest, you will not be disappointed. I'm already planning on seeing it again this weekend, it clocks in at 2hr40min but you never notice, towards the climax my heart was racing and its been awhile since a movie has done that.

My buddy works at Warner Bros and got me into a free screening for employees yesterday on the WB lot. This was moviemaking at it's finest, you will not be disappointed. I'm already planning on seeing it again this weekend, it clocks in at 2hr40min but you never notice, towards the climax my heart was racing and its been awhile since a movie has done that.

Thanks for not throwing any spoilers in there. :thumbsup:

I know aj said they were free game, but since essentially no one has had a chance to see it, not saying anything is appreciated.

Thanks for not throwing any spoilers in there. :thumbsup:

I know aj said they were free game, but since essentially no one has had a chance to see it, not saying anything is appreciated.

I appreciate it, as well...I intended for the spoilers to come after we saw the midnight showings tonight, so definitely hope to avoid them until that time. JL's got me psyched to see it though!!

So what time are all of you going to the theater? I'm still trying to figure out just how early I want to be to ensure decent seats. I'm in a group of 4, so it shouldn't be too tough if we're early enough.

So what time are all of you going to the theater? I'm still trying to figure out just how early I want to be to ensure decent seats. I'm in a group of 4, so it shouldn't be too tough if we're early enough.

I just plan on killing the person that sits in my favorite seat and dumping their body outside the emergency exit. Problem solved.