Off Topic... Would u ever get a pre nup for marria

JPL7

just wondering! ill chime in with my view later. i wanna see what my fellow bills fans thinks. and with ur response state whether or not u are married, engaged, single, etc.

GO BILLS!

Well I think if you ask for a prenup then your significant other will think twice about you honestly.

I just recent got engaged after thinking about everything for along time lol

I'm not in hurry to get married, I'm still finishing up school and looking for the right profession I want to do for the rest of my life.......

I want to see what I have before.........I make any more choices

its a smart idea based on individual wealth, both current or future, i.e. a trust fund. If it's the case of a trust in a will, the will of the parents can be specified in a way that would not allow the spouse access if there's a divorce. It can be tricky, but unless you're worth millions, and she's not, or visa versa, don't worry about it.

i figured i would see something along the lines of "a pre nup means i dont trust you" blah blah blah!! that isnt true at all. look u can love someone with all your heart and could have been with them for 10 years b4 u get married and believe with everything u have, that the relationship will stand the test of time. but you just never know 100%.... the statistics show that half of all marriages end in divorce. and u have to assume that even those 50% who got divorced truely believed with all of there heart that there marriage would last forever. lets face it, a marriage is a business agreement. and with all business agreements should be some sort of insurance or protection. and that is all a pre nup is! it is a "just in case" arrangement. and there is nothing wrong with that at all. better safe then sorry! ppl(women i have noticed in particular)want to throw there hands in the air and say "u dont trust me" yadda yadda yadda just b/c, the other person wants to play it safe and protect there assests. if the marriage is gonna stand the test of time, then having a pre nup would be a moot point anyway. so then it doesnt really matter now does it!

In a period where it's creeping up to 60 percent of marriages end in divorce, how in the heck would you not want one? Trust is important, but you can never fully know what's going on in another person's brain/heart. I know too many guys who thought they were marrying angels and then got absolutely TAKEN.

It's like having survival gear when you go hiking. You're definitely not hankering to use it, b/c that will mean you're in trouble; but just in case you ever need it, it's there to save your tucus.

i figured i would see something along the lines of "a pre nup means i dont trust you" blah blah blah!! that isnt true at all. look u can love someone with all your heart and could have been with them for 10 years b4 u get married and believe with everything u have, that the relationship will stand the test of time. but you just never know 100%.... the statistics show that half of all marriages end in divorce. and u have to assume that even those 50% who got divorced truely believed with all of there heart that there marriage would last forever. lets face it, a marriage is a business agreement. and with all business agreements should be some sort of insurance or protection. and that is all a pre nup is! it is a "just in case" arrangement. and there is nothing wrong with that at all. better safe then sorry! ppl(women i have noticed in particular)want to throw there hands in the air and say "u dont trust me" yadda yadda yadda just b/c, the other person wants to play it safe and protect there assests. if the marriage is gonna stand the test of time, then having a pre nup would be a moot point anyway. so then it doesnt really matter now does it!

187169[/snapback]

Agree

I have been married for 16 years, and I never believed in pre-nups. But as I get older, and wiser I realize that in some cases a prenup is not only a good idea, it is a requirement. This is especially true in 2nd marriages when kids from a previous marriage are involved. First and foremost you need to ensure that should a marriage end in divorce that your kids do not see their inheritance going to their step parent.

Another cases that was mentioned is a trust fund. If you are entitled to money from a trust fund, you need to have a prenup that specifies that no alimony can come from the trust account.

If you are young and have nothing...no prenup is needed.

I imagine it would be a real dilemma for someone who is wealthy. For myself, it was a no brainer. I didn't have much and was entering a profession guaranteed not to make me rich. There was no pre-nup. We've been married for 25 years. I think if I were really wealthy, I would forego the pre-nup, but insist on a long period of time to get to know the girl, followed by a long engagement. Presumably a goldigger would be either unwilling or unable to keep up a front for that length of time.

just wondering! ill chime in with my view later. i wanna see what my fellow bills fans thinks. and with ur response state whether or not u are married, engaged, single, etc.

GO BILLS!

187136[/snapback]

How much do you trust her? How will she feel if you brought this up? All of this depends on the type of woman you plan to marry.