Any structural engineers out there ?

TSNBDSC

... ram jak came by with a price 0f $19,000 ... maybe a bit pricey but they guarantee it for life ... other engineers and companys coming in ... be nice if i could use this as a tax write off ...

That is not bad. You're in SC? Local contractor?

We have foundation settling from a flood two months after we moved in (and two days before the flood insurance went into effect :wallbash:). We were quoted six figures to fix it. I would LOVE it if we could find someone to do it for $20k.

That is not bad. You're in SC? Local contractor?

We have foundation settling from a flood two months after we moved in (and two days before the flood insurance went into effect :wallbash:). We were quoted six figures to fix it. I would LOVE it if we could find someone to do it for $20k.

How did it work out? Was the whole basement flooded? You couldn't have waited 2 days? Or was that an error making the claim... And then they were on top of the tecnnical slip-up.

Wow... That sucks... You'd think they would make the claim... 6 figures, you could almost walk away from the dwelling!

How did it work out? Was the whole basement flooded? You couldn't have waited 2 days? Or was that an error making the claim... And then they were on top of the tecnnical slip-up.

Wow... That sucks... You'd think they would make the claim... 6 figures, you could almost walk away from the dwelling!

Twenty inches of rain. The date of the flood is a matter of record - even if I were inclined to fraud, there's no faking that. And we filed the claim two years later (it took that long for the damage to manifest), it's the insurance company that caught the dates, when they checked the NWS records.

And it's soil settlement - the crawlspace stayed perfectly dry. The side yard was flooded a foot deep; the resulting settling caused the northern-most room of the house (kitchen addition) to shift two inches.

Twenty inches of rain. The date of the flood is a matter of record - even if I were inclined to fraud, there's no faking that. And we filed the claim two years later (it took that long for the damage to manifest), it's the insurance company that caught the dates, when they checked the NWS records.

And it's soil settlement - the crawlspace stayed perfectly dry. The side yard was flooded a foot deep; the resulting settling caused the northern-most room of the house (kitchen addition) to shift two inches.

Wow... They pimped ya over two days... That's tough... Of course they keep track of everything!

Does the NWS record go by when the flood is occuring from the start? Or from when it crests? Or when it is dry again? That flood coulda been over the course of a week or so. There's gotta be some latitude there...?? See what I am sayin? I woulda been a screamin' mother beeper! Ya, like that woulda helped...

This just sucks!

Wow... They pimped ya over two days... That's tough... Of course they keep track of everything!

Does the NWS record go by when the flood is occuring from the start? Or from when it crests? Or when it is dry again? That flood coulda been over the course of a week or so. There's gotta be some latitude there...?? See what I am sayin? I woulda been a screamin' mother beeper! Ya, like that woulda helped...

This just sucks!

Wouldn't have helped. It was basically a flash flood; it wasn't something that lingered for a week. Basically, it ended on Monday, our insurance took effect Wednesday.

And we did scream bloody murder. No effect, naturally. Can't really blame the insurance company...the policy is the policy, and they can't cut slack over a couple of days (because if they did, then what would even be the point of an effective date? This isn't 'Nam, there are rules...) Awful rotten luck, is all...

Wouldn't have helped. It was basically a flash flood; it wasn't something that lingered for a week. Basically, it ended on Monday, our insurance took effect Wednesday.

And we did scream bloody murder. No effect, naturally. Can't really blame the insurance company...the policy is the policy, and they can't cut slack over a couple of days (because if they did, then what would even be the point of an effective date? This isn't 'Nam, there are rules...) Awful rotten luck, is all...

To bad you filed a claim. I would have lived with the damage till the next flood.