J-Lo Maintains Pace for 37 Marriages

ajzepp

:rolleyes: (click head)

They had a piece on Extra about this, and I had to laugh when they asked her if it's tough to be involved with someone you're working with...she said, "no, I've done it many times before" :rolleyes:

One marriage goes bad, that's just life...stojan happens. Two marriages go bad, might be time to stay single a while. Three marriages go bad, you can see the slight outline of an "L" appearing in the middle of your forehead.

Edited by ajzepp

I don't get the hype with her. Finally read the article. Hoped it would let me "relate" to her but she is bat sh-- crazy.

I agree...she's not all there upstairs.

:rolleyes: (click head)

They had a piece on Extra about this, and I had to laugh when they asked her if it's tough to be involved with someone you're working with...she said, "no, I've done it many times before" :rolleyes:

One marriage goes bad, that's just life...stojan happens. Two marriages go bad, might be time to stay single a while. Three marriages go bad, you can see the slight outline of an "L" appearing in the middle of your forehead.

Is she trying to compete with the Kardashians?

Edited by BRAWNDO

Is she trying to compete with the Kardashians?

If she is, she's winning. I don't see how anyone can be only 42, thinking about husband #4, and have no reservations about it. Even by HOllywood standards she's pathetic. I wonder how many marriages Liz Taylor had by 42...

Every burgeoning celebrity should take a page out of the Derek Jeter playbook. Unless having a family is your #1 priority in life, just don't get married. Sew those wild oats.

Jeet's plowed a murderer's row of the most beautiful women in the world and nobody thinks he's a cretin or a loser because he doesn't have 5 divorces or a track record of infidelity.

Every burgeoning celebrity should take a page out of the Derek Jeter playbook. Unless having a family is your #1 priority in life, just don't get married. Sew those wild oats.

Jeet's plowed a murderer's row of the most beautiful women in the world and nobody thinks he's a cretin or a loser because he doesn't have 5 divorces or a track record of infidelity.

Totally agree...and he does it without being a major d-bag like A-Rod seems to be. I'm not a Yankee guy but gotta respect Jeter for sure.

The religious aspects aside, the institute of marriage has become so watered down since I was a kid. How can anyone take someone seriously in terms of a relationship when they've been married 3,4,5+ times? I don't get it. How do you write marriage vows to multiple people? :doh:

Totally agree...and he does it without being a major d-bag like A-Rod seems to be. I'm not a Yankee guy but gotta respect Jeter for sure.

The religious aspects aside, the institute of marriage has become so watered down since I was a kid. How can anyone take someone seriously in terms of a relationship when they've been married 3,4,5+ times? I don't get it. How do you write marriage vows to multiple people? :doh:

Call me a cynic, but I've basically observed three types of married couples.

1. They truly love (and more importantly, don't annoy the hell out of) each other and they stay together happily.

2. They grow apart and want to end it, but respect their promise and stick it out unhappily.

3. They grow apart and decide to end things.

#1 is reserved for the lucky few. #2 used to be more prevalent, especially in the Catholic tradition, but has given way to #3 in modern times.

People also get married for the wrong damn reasons. I'm 23, so a lot of my friends are getting engaged. "Oh my God, we've only been dating for 3 months but we're TOTALLY into the same movies and we both loooooove The Arcade Fire!"

Call me a cynic, but I've basically observed three types of married couples.

1. They truly love (and more importantly, don't annoy the hell out of) each other and they stay together happily.

2. They grow apart and want to end it, but respect their promise and stick it out unhappily.

3. They grow apart and decide to end things.

#1 is reserved for the lucky few. #2 used to be more prevalent, especially in the Catholic tradition, but has given way to #3 in modern times.

People also get married for the wrong damn reasons. I'm 23, so a lot of my friends are getting engaged. "Oh my God, we've only been dating for 3 months but we're TOTALLY into the same movies and we both loooooove The Arcade Fire!"

That sounds like a great synopsis to me...I know a lot of my female friends tend to get caught up in the honeymoon phase of a relationship to the point where it's almost like an addiction. When it fades, instead of working on a deeper bond with their partner and transitioning into the next phase of the relationship, they miss the butterflies and the excitement of someone new, so they start the cycle over again. Divorce just doesn't seem to scare anyone anymore and is so convenient that people choose that instead of actually putting some effort into working on their relationship. These people who think that their relationship should be nothing but blue skies and daisies and bail when it's not really scare me. I made that mistake myself and paid the price for it.

It's really a shame...I grew up around many extended family members who fell into category #1 of your post. People who truly did reach the goal of sitting on the back porch in rocking chairs reflecting on their lives together and love that was tried and true. It's too bad people have lost sight of what a beautiful thing that really is.

If she is, she's winning. I don't see how anyone can be only 42, thinking about husband #4, and have no reservations about it. Even by HOllywood standards she's pathetic. I wonder how many marriages Liz Taylor had by 42...

In leaving American Idol, she said she wanted to concentrate on "other things". Maybe this is one of them.

I do not see what the big deal is about her too, yeah she has good looks, but that is her only talent.

She did say that they would be working on a greatest hits CD for her. :lol: Can you believe that?

Seriously? The Greatest Hits of Jennifer Lopez? Can anybody name one?

In leaving American Idol, she said she wanted to concentrate on "other things". Maybe this is one of them.

I do not see what the big deal is about her too, yeah she has good looks, but that is her only talent.

She did say that they would be working on a greatest hits CD for her. :lol: Can you believe that?

Seriously? The Greatest Hits of Jennifer Lopez? Can anybody name one?

Oh she's gone, too? WOOOHOOO!!!! I heard Jon Bon Jovi and Charlie Sheen were in the running...that would shake things up a bit. Charlie would be half lit every show lol.

J-Lo is so overrated it's not even funny...and no, the only songs I can think of that she sang are the lip-synced Selena songs from the movie...that was back when I actually liked her. I remember seeing her in that bank/train robbery movie with Snipes and Harrelson...she was mad hot...but now? I don't get it.

Hopefully her kids don't get the fugtard gene passed to them.

Oh she's gone, too? WOOOHOOO!!!! I heard Jon Bon Jovi and Charlie Sheen were in the running...that would shake things up a bit. Charlie would be half lit every show lol.

J-Lo is so overrated it's not even funny...and no, the only songs I can think of that she sang are the lip-synced Selena songs from the movie...that was back when I actually liked her. I remember seeing her in that bank/train robbery movie with Snipes and Harrelson...she was mad hot...but now? I don't get it.

Hopefully her kids don't get the fugtard gene passed to them.

Charlie Sheen! Seriously?! That would be horrible and a big joke. That's worse than when they had Ellen Degeneres as a judge.

Jon Bon Jovi makes more sense and I'd welcome him on the show.

They really should add Harry Connick Jr., when he was a guest judge you could see that he was auditioning, he would be great for the show. As for a female counterpart, IMO, there is no better choice than Kristin Chenoweth. She's been a guest judge before and she would be a fantastic addition.

Yet I just know that Idol will not pick these people and just grab judges who can get the teenagers to scream.

Charlie Sheen! Seriously?! That would be horrible and a big joke. That's worse than when they had Ellen Degeneres as a judge.

Jon Bon Jovi makes more sense and I'd welcome him on the show.

They really should add Harry Connick Jr., when he was a guest judge you could see that he was auditioning, he would be great for the show. As for a female counterpart, IMO, there is no better choice than Kristin Chenoweth. She's been a guest judge before and she would be a fantastic addition.

Yet I just know that Idol will not pick these people and just grab judges who can get the teenagers to scream.

Apparently JBJ said he wasn't able to do the show, so I guess he's out. Unless it's a negotiating ploy, but I doubt it.

And I think you're exactly right...they'll throw a ton of money at someone who can attract the teen audience.