71 year old man shoots two robbers

erynthered

Pistol-packing paternal patriarch perforates pistol-packing punk perpetrators.

:thumbsup:

Irv is that you?

This ABC link gives you more of the same. After the first vid on the 71 year old guy there are a couple more similar stories.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-man-71-shoots-alleged-robbers-internet-cafe/story?id=16800859#.UAbnPGFmVrW

Edited by Dante

The key question here: why in the hell are you robbing an INTERNET CAFE? There's gotta be more lucrative establishments available in Ocala, Fl.

Those places deal in cash as the article states.

The question IMO is why do they divulge the name of the man who stood up to the punks?

What if these thugs are out on bail or belong to a gang?

By releasing his name he can now be vulnerable to revenge.

His name shouldn't have been released.

The question IMO is why do they divulge the name of the man who stood up to the punks?

:devil:

I would assume that at some point in the legal procedings, those two idiots would have access to this guys name. I can't imagine you get to shoot two people and just go home with no further follow up.

I would assume that at some point in the legal procedings, those two idiots would have access to this guys name. I can't imagine you get to shoot two people and just go home with no further follow up.

True but why serve it up on a plate?

If those two are as stupid as their act, they're even money to not know how to find these things out… especially as there will most likely be no charges brought.

And I doubt the shooter is thrilled about his name being used in the article. Seems like a layer or two of discretion would have been appropriate in this case.

I'm mostly annoyed at the newspaper for divulging a fact that doesn't add to the story or the story's appeal.

What's the logic on not releasing the guys name? Are these two knuckle heads going to go to his home and get shot all over again? Probably not, would you?