What Has Obama Done to Help the Economy?

The president DOES NOT control the price of oil. Keep thinking otherwise.

Might I suggest that you get off your fake horse and read what the locals have to say as many residents who live where the Keystone pipeline will go are AGAINST IT!!

Is Texas a good enough of an example?

http://grist.org/cli...stone-pipeline/

Almost exactly a year after we launched civil-disobedience actions in Washington to protest the Keystone XL pipeline, folks across Texas are doing the same thing today.

Or rather, they’re doing something bolder and more courageous — instead of trying to make a political point, they’re actually announcing plans to put their bodies on the line to stop the construction of a portion of the pipe.

The largest civil-disobedience action in the last 30 years — 1,253 arrests over two weeks — was enough to persuade the Obama administration to postpone approval of the border-crossing permit.

Is Nebraska a good enough of an example?

http://www.dailyyond...2011/09/30/3547

Local landowners spoke about the risk of putting an oil pipeline through the Nebraska sandhills, an ecologically sensitive area about 10 miles from Atkinson. A fifth-generation rancher said an oil spill would jeopardize her land and her children's future. The current route is "just wrong," she said.

Another landowner said he understood the union members' need for jobs, but added that the laborers could still build the pipeline if it was rerouted out of the sandhills. "On the other hand we Nebraskans are stuck with the consequences" if there's an oil spill, he said.

"The water in this ground is more valuable than all the oil" in the world, said John Hansen, president of the Nebraska Farmers Union.

Jane Kleeb, executive director of the anti-pipeline group Bold Nebraska, said 80 percent of the people in the audience were pipeline opponents, so it was only right that more of them should get a chance to speak.

So where do you want to get your oil from?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The president DOES NOT control the price of oil. Keep thinking otherwise.

Might I suggest that you get off your fake horse and read what the locals have to say as many residents who live where the Keystone pipeline will go are AGAINST IT!!

Is Texas a good enough of an example?

http://grist.org/cli...stone-pipeline/

Almost exactly a year after we launched civil-disobedience actions in Washington to protest the Keystone XL pipeline, folks across Texas are doing the same thing today.

Or rather, they’re doing something bolder and more courageous — instead of trying to make a political point, they’re actually announcing plans to put their bodies on the line to stop the construction of a portion of the pipe.

The largest civil-disobedience action in the last 30 years — 1,253 arrests over two weeks — was enough to persuade the Obama administration to postpone approval of the border-crossing permit.

Is Nebraska a good enough of an example?

http://www.dailyyond...2011/09/30/3547

Local landowners spoke about the risk of putting an oil pipeline through the Nebraska sandhills, an ecologically sensitive area about 10 miles from Atkinson. A fifth-generation rancher said an oil spill would jeopardize her land and her children's future. The current route is "just wrong," she said.

Another landowner said he understood the union members' need for jobs, but added that the laborers could still build the pipeline if it was rerouted out of the sandhills. "On the other hand we Nebraskans are stuck with the consequences" if there's an oil spill, he said.

"The water in this ground is more valuable than all the oil" in the world, said John Hansen, president of the Nebraska Farmers Union.

Jane Kleeb, executive director of the anti-pipeline group Bold Nebraska, said 80 percent of the people in the audience were pipeline opponents, so it was only right that more of them should get a chance to speak.

Control and affect are two different things.

So where do you want to get your oil from?

Control and affect are two different things.

the pipeline WILL not effect the price of oil for at least a decade.

Your points are ???? or should I ask .... Do you have a valid one other than it's Obama's fault?

Your points are ???? or should I ask .... Do you have a valid one other than it's Obama's fault?

I never said it's Obama's fault. I don't think that the price of gas is controlled by the president.

Oh a decade? So you're saying that it is not important that you reduce your foreign oil dependance in a decade?

I never said it's Obama's fault. I don't think that the price of gas is controlled by the president.

Oh a decade? So you're saying that it is not important that you reduce your foreign oil dependance in a decade?

We don't have to worry about the future. With all of the green stimulus money we will be oil free by then. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

The same arguments were made about ANWR a decade ago. If we had started drilling then we would have realized the rewards by now

A decade is like 10 years or something. That's like a really long time from now

The same arguments were made about ANWR a decade ago. If we had started drilling then we would have realized the rewards by now

A decade is like 10 years or something. That's like a really long time from now

Let's trade all our draft picks for a run at the SB this year.

Didn't libs blame Dubya for the high price of gas, because he's an oil man?

At least a decade? They've been saying that for decades! By the way, why would farmers be against more oil? Think.

Yeah, that's why unemployment is 0.5% higher than when Barry took office, and that doesn't even take into account the massive numbers that have left the workforce or are underemployed. And no. She looks like a lousy lay.

The population was around 227 Million in 1980. Today we have about 320 Million, and thats not counting the illegles. She may be right, considering about 100 Million more people.

The population was around 227 Million in 1980. Today we have about 320 Million, and thats not counting the illegles. She may be right, considering about 100 Million more people.

I knew a lefty that thought it was super awesome that more people had voted for Obama in 2008 than had voted for Reagan in 1984

I tried to tell her that more people had also voted for McCain in 2008 than had voted for Reagan in 1984. But it didn't quite register with her that the population of the United States has gone up quite a bit on those 20+ years