What are the odds

I really, really hate to be the turd in the punch bowl here, but as Bills fans, shouldn't we expect a major acquisition like Mario Williams to flame out?--most likely because of injury?

He's already missed substantial time in two seasons, including last year--his second straight year on IR.

Have I missed something? Where were the doom and gloomers to make these points for me when we signed the guy?

Is anyone else concerned by this?

I dont usually disparage posters but you are a massive tool for even starting this thread.

Buuuuut I'm going to be...

Haha, I expected as much in return.

Honestly, the thought never even occurred to me until my buddy (also a Bills fan) brought it up while we were partying Friday night (who's the tool now?).

The moment the words escaped his lips, my heart dropped to the floor.

Honestly, the thought never even occurred to me until my buddy (also a Bills fan) brought it up while we were partying Friday night (who's the tool now?).

and so of course you decided to share

thanks for nothin

Better now that its been brought up. "In other news, The Big Cat Curse in Buffalo is still going strong, 10 whole years after musing about season ending injuries to the team's most coveted Free Agent signing prior to the 2012 season. Today, the 2019 Number 1 Overall pick, who recently signed with the Buffalo Bills of Niagara and Toronto, went down and will likely be placed on Injured Reserve for the remainder of the 2022 season. Real shame. The Big Cat, wherever you are, Damn You!"

What do you mean odds? Can I go to Vegas and put $50 on Mario Williams 18-1 to go on the IR? There are no odds to injuries, they're something you can't really control. You better knock on wood for bringing it up.

What do you mean odds? Can I go to Vegas and put $50 on Mario Williams 18-1 to go on the IR? There are no odds to injuries, they're something you can't really control. You better knock on wood for bringing it up.

I just gave the odds, 3243272627277243921928827 to 12848372384737384838748383833

Haha, I expected as much in return.

I had the same exact thing happen to me!!! I was talking about how pumped for the season I was and he said "dude it's the Bills Williams will be on IR before week 3." I laughed (he was joking) then got that terrible feeling in my gut and told him if it happens I get one free punch in his face. He wouldn't go for it so I didn't and don't feel any better... I may have to punch him anyways if it happens 0:)

The two IR stints were for an inflamed hernia and torn pectoral muscle. Painful stuff , but not known as nagging injuries. If we were talking about ligament damage, I'd be more concerned.

I've tried to reassure myself with the same justifications, believe me. Though I suppose they're both sound reasons it's never been discussed before.