Bulger/Holt/Bruce/Jackson/Home vs Jets = Win

Mr. T

Folks;

Too many folks sound like they given up on any chance of a Rams win tomorrow. Now, I'm not going to assure a win but, let's look at this unemotionally.

Playing at home. A must win game for the Rams. Mark Bulger playing his second full game, minus the rust. Throwing to two vet studs in Holt and Bruce. Stephen Jackson coming off of a big game last week. Marshall Faulk still a factor coming out of the back field.

The meltdown Jets playing on the road in a must win game. Chad Pennington with a noodle arm. A head coach whose not one. Can't even manage a game clock so he hires another coach to do it for him. Curtis Martin becomes a none factor if the Rams jump out to an early lead.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I really see the game shaping up to be a very good chance for a Rams win. Especially if they jump out to an early lead of 10 - 14 pts. The Jets will implode early if that happens.

Bills just need to take care of business!!

I agree with the above. The Rams have a VERY good chance of beating the Jets. Martz is undefeated at home in December (yeah it's January, but that's a technicality), Bulger is 18-2 at home overall, and the Jets are 2-3 under Pennington on the road this year with him throwing 3 TD's and 5 INT's in those games. Other good things are that as you mentioned, he's still injured, the media has been brutal this week, the Rams can win the division and thus make the playoffs if they win and Seattle loses, which is possible since they're playing Atlanta and Vick will play some, and John Abraham is out and that will give Bulger time to throw to his receivers and backs.

Folks;

Too many folks sound like they given up on any chance of a Rams win tomorrow.  Now, I'm not going to assure a win but, let's look at this unemotionally.

Playing at home.  A must win game for the Rams.  Mark Bulger playing his second full game, minus the rust.  Throwing to two vet studs in Holt and Bruce.  Stephen Jackson coming off of a big game last week.  Marshall Faulk still a factor coming out of the back field. 

The meltdown Jets playing on the road in a must win game.  Chad Pennington with a noodle arm.  A head coach whose not one.  Can't even manage a game clock so he hires another coach to do it for him.  Curtis Martin becomes a none factor if the Rams jump out to an early lead. 

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I really see the game shaping up to be a very good chance for a Rams win.  Especially if they jump out to an early lead of 10 - 14 pts.  The Jets will implode early if that happens.

Bills just need to take care of business!!

187099[/snapback]

I don't think it's going to happen but you can always hope. St. Louis's defense is can be brutal to watch at times. If anything, maybe the Broncos won't show up against Indi.

I agree with the above.  The Rams have a VERY good chance of beating the Jets.  Martz is undefeated at home in December (yeah it's January, but that's a technicality), Bulger is 18-2 at home overall, and the Jets are 2-3 under Pennington on the road this year with him throwing 3 TD's and 5 INT's in those games.  Other good things are that as you mentioned, he's still injured, the media has been brutal this week, the Rams can win the division and thus make the playoffs if they win and Seattle loses, which is possible since they're playing Atlanta and Vick will play some, and John Abraham is out and that will give Bulger time to throw to his receivers and backs.

187101[/snapback]

Since 1999, the Rams have a great winning record at home when it involves meaningful games (e.g. playoffs, etc). I know they can win this one because their playoff hopes aren't dead yet.

Man, you've got to feel sorry for the diehard Jets fans whose team will end up with a 10-6 record and not make the playoffs!

NOT!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

J-E-T-S, suck, suck suck! :(

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: sorry clueless bastards. :lol: