Mr Businessman, You Didn't Build Your Business

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to me 3rd. Come back to me. Come join me. You can still stay on the right side of the line, but you can come closer to me.

And btw I've never even lived in Buffalo although I've visited family many times there and I may be wrong, but when he talked about fighting fires with multiple fire fighting companies/organizations...for some reason I thought of Buffalo.

Edited by TheNewBills

Come to me 3rd. Come back to me. Come join me. You can still stay on the right side of the line, but you can come closer to me.

And btw I've never even lived in Buffalo although I've visited family many times there and I may be wrong, but when he talked about fighting fires with multiple fire fighting companies/organizations...for some reason I thought of Buffalo.

Girlfriend got you into the wine, eh? I never lived in Buffalo either. Grew up in WNY and have lived in a few places around the country. Where are you in Florida?

Girlfriend got you into the wine, eh? I never lived in Buffalo either. Grew up in WNY and have lived in a few places around the country. Where are you in Florida?

1) You are creeping me out. Yes, wine w/ the girlfriend stop spying. IDK wtf is going on

2) Good old North Florida at the moment although been around. Jaguar country. In other words, the part w/ no Obama fans. You would like it here. :)

1) You are creeping me out. Yes, wine w/ the girlfriend stop spying. IDK wtf is going on

2) Good old North Florida at the moment although been around. Jaguar country. In other words, the part w/ no Obama fans. You would like it here. :)

For years I'd come down to WPB area and stay with an old high school buddy for about 10-14 days in late February or early March. His business was seasonal and up north, so we golfed and did the town every night. (and morning) My guess is I could pay for an E-Class with the money I blew in those 10 years.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2012/jul/15/picketvideo-obama-if-youve-got-business-you-didnt-/

You didn't build your business, other people did. I killed Osama though.

OMG, Herman Edwards is our president. What a dopey guy. I'd laugh about it but considering he's still in charge of our country till Jan it's not a laughing matter.

It Also Takes a Village to Build a Business

By Peter Kirsanow

July 16, 2012

While regaling supporters in Roanoke, Va., about the indispensability of government, Barack Obama uttered one of the more insulting phrases of his presidency:

If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

One of the president’s advisers may want to pull him aside and explain that most businesses in this country aren’t (yet) Solyndra.

Note to president Obama: The vast majority of business owners can claim more credit for building their respective businesses than you can claim credit for killing Osama bin Laden, yet they’re not constantly crowing about it. They’re too busy trying to comply with your administration’s mandates.

N.R.O.

’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart.

Most people think "It must be because I sacrificed a lot and worked my ass off." The only person I can think of, Mr. President, that credits their innate, superior intelligence is...well...you.

Most people think "It must be because I sacrificed a lot and worked my ass off." The only person I can think of, Mr. President, that credits their innate, superior intelligence is...well...you.

Obama is essentially repeating the hard-core far left comments that came from Elizabeth Warren from last year.

Warren explains how success only comes from everyone else.

"There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. You built a factory out there? Good for you. But I want to be clear: you moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for; you hired workers the rest of us paid to educate; you were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory, and hire someone to protect against this, because of the work the rest of us did. Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific, or a great idea? God bless. Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along."

Delusional, and yet places like Moveon.org posted this last year to all its members telling them that these are the comments every American should read so they better understand how the world owes the government.

Obama is essentially repeating the hard-core far left comments that came from Elizabeth Warren from last year.

Warren explains how success only comes from everyone else.

"There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. You built a factory out there? Good for you. But I want to be clear: you moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for; you hired workers the rest of us paid to educate; you were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory, and hire someone to protect against this, because of the work the rest of us did. Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific, or a great idea? God bless. Keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along."

Delusional, and yet places like Moveon.org posted this last year to all its members telling them that these are the comments every American should read so they better understand how the world owes the government.

It's true. No private company has ever had to employ private security to prevent against corporate espionage or theft. Well, at least Apple doesn't because they have a tendency to leave their latest innovations lying around in bars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2174160/Obama-says-wealthy-ARENT-responsible-success.html

"The inflammatory campaign speech comments underline the extent to which Obama believes that the state rather than ordinary citizens create jobs and wealth.

They highlight a key contrast with Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican nominee, who is preaching a message of wealth creation by individuals and reinvigorating the private sector.

And the spokesman for the NFIB added: 'I'm sure every small-business owner who took a second mortgage on their home, maxed out their credit cards or borrowed money from their own retirement savings to start their business disagrees strongly with President Obama's claim. They know that hard work does matter.

'Every small business is not indebted to the government or some other benefactor. If anything, small businesses are historically an economic and job-creating powerhouse in spite of the government."

It's true. No private company has ever had to employ private security to prevent against corporate espionage or theft.

I don't think the government's coming up with a program to prevent that any time soon, either.

You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory, and hire someone to protect against this, because of the work the rest of us did.

Yeah, tell that to the GM bondholders.

Unreal... :wallbash::lol:

I don't think anyone argue that the basic governmental services we have established here have not aided in the development of successful private enterprise. No business owner would argue funding education, police, and other services did not play a role in their success, or at least in the opportunity to be successful.

The contention is how government does it. Road projects that cost twice as much as estimated, schools that pay more per student that private schools yet deliver lesser results.... it is the scope of Government and their over-reach and well documented inefficies and beauracracies that business owners detest.

No Business would not be successful in a land of the uneducated, without roads, in lawlessness... but on the flip side, no business anywhere will be able to survival with the US Federal and some State Governments being insolvent and bankrupt.

I don't think anyone argue that the basic governmental services we have established here have not aided in the development of successful private enterprise. No business owner would argue funding education, police, and other services did not play a role in their success, or at least in the opportunity to be successful.

The contention is how government does it. Road projects that cost twice as much as estimated, schools that pay more per student that private schools yet deliver lesser results.... it is the scope of Government and their over-reach and well documented inefficies and beauracracies that business owners detest.

No Business would not be successful in a land of the uneducated, without roads, in lawlessness... but on the flip side, no business anywhere will be able to survival with the US Federal and some State Governments being insolvent and bankrupt.

Except those services that "make businesses successful" don't make businesses successful, they provide for a stable society that allows the opportunity. Those are the non-exclusive use resources and services that government should provide; no one in their right mind argues against that.

But it's absolutely ludicrous to tell the small business owner "You're only successful because of us." The only small business owners I know who would agree with that are Beltway Bandits.

Except those services that "make businesses successful" don't make businesses successful, they provide for a stable society that allows the opportunity. Those are the non-exclusive use resources and services that government should provide; no one in their right mind argues against that.

But it's absolutely ludicrous to tell the small business owner "You're only successful because of us." The only small business owners I know who would agree with that are Beltway Bandits.

Its an odd, unclear statement to make heading into election time.... what exactly does it mean? What does someone who can hire and help the economy (which would help Obama)think about such a statement? If I were Obama, I wouldn't leave alot of vague statements out there to let people ponder over...

If is wasn't for Healthcare, I probably wouldn't vote Democrat anymore... I would vote for any Libertarian at all possible...

Edited by B-Large

Its an odd, unclear statement to make heading into election time.... what exactly does it mean? What does someone who can hire and help the economy (which would help Obama)think about such a statement? If I were Obama, I wouldn't leave alot of vague statements out there to let people ponder over...

If is wasn't for Healthcare, I probably wouldn't vote Democrat anymore... I would vote for any Libertarian at all possible...

It's extremely stupid phrasing, along the lines of "I voted for it before I voted against it" or "I invented the internet" or "I didn't inhale". Saying "You had the opportunity to create your business because of the stability and dynamism of our society. There's a reason the American dream is the American dream" and "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help."

May as well say I didn't write this post, because somebody along the way taught me to write, so I have to share the credit for this post with the entire !@#$ing world. It's obscene that "It takes a village" has come to this ridiculous extreme that people take this **** seriously, though.

Its an odd, unclear statement to make heading into election time.... what exactly does it mean? What does someone who can hire and help the economy (which would help Obama)think about such a statement?

It's not odd or unclear to a progressive. It's not like he said this and no one understands. He said it and the entire progressive world understands. Look at this headline from Moveon.org.

"The Elizabeth Warren quote every American needs to see."

I would agree with that headline if the point was so that everyone could see what an utter idiot Elizabeth Warren is. This from a woman who insists, "I created much of the intellectual foundation for what they (OWS) do." Only time anyone ever used OWS and 'intellectual' in the same sentence.