Would You Be Happy...

Griff28

With so many "home" games in December a 4-3 start could be good enough to sneak into the playoffs. I think they have a decent chance to be 5-2 at the bye. With their two loses coming from New England and the 49ers. If so I think we may win 10 or 11 games. Of course it's all speculation at this point. But not to many teams scare me on this years schedule.

To be serious, I would be okay. Wouldn't be happy but it would be enough to set us up for a 2nd half run. I'm not looking at the schedule right now but if we are as good as we hope we are, all of those games should be easy/fairly easy wins for us except for one or two games.

At 4-3, lets say we don't win the 1 or 2 tough games and let slip by an easy game. Worst case, we lose 3 games and wind up 10-6. If we beat the tie breaker teams, we get a wild card and if we beat the Pats twice, we might have the division.

Yes. I expect them to pick it up over the second half of the season as the new pieces jell and they start playing more home games. If they stay healthy, a 4-3 start could easily lead to 10 or 11 wins and the playoffs.

with 4-3 at the bye?

No, I think 5-2 is a reasonable expectation, although I would be OK with 4-3. The New England and Arizona games are the key, we need to get one of them.

W - 09/09 @ New York Jets

W - 09/16 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

W - 09/23 @ Cleveland Browns

?? - 09/30 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

L - 10/7 @ San Francisco

?? - 10/14 @ Arizona Cardinals

W - 10/21 TENNESSEE TITANS

Edited by CSBill

No, I think 5-2 is a reasonable expectation, although I would be OK with 4-3. The New England and Arizona games are the key, we need to get one of them.

L - 10/7 @ San Francisco

I'm not sure but aren't the Cardinals on the same level as the Titans, maybe the Chiefs?

I dont think Id use the term "happy" if we were 4-3 at the bye. However, it would depend on who those wins and losses were against, and how we looked during those first 7 games. I might find it acceptable, or even promising. But I would be happier with 5-2, 6-1, and happiest with 7-0.

L - 10/7 @ San Francisco

Exactly what I think. We're not going to sweep N.E. No one does. If we can get a win in San Fran and be 4-1 after 5, I'd be thrilled. It's all about sweeping Miami and NYJ to me. Do that, and good things will happen.

Count me as one of those who think the first game vs the Jets is a Must win. That might springboard them to a 3-0 start.

But 4-3 would be good if we beat the Jets and Pats and be 2-0 in the division. But 5-2 would be excellent and they would be in good shape playoff wise if we stay injury free for the most part.

Edited by Bufcomments

Asking if anyone would be "happy" if the Bills are 4-3 at the bye is an incomplete question. I'll be happy with the wins and disappointed with the losses, and depending upon the circumstances I will either be optimistic or skeptical about the remainder of the season.

Not trying to be a jackass, but it's a pretty ridiculous question without knowing the details of how they arrive at that point.

We have to beat the Chiefs. That's a big tie-break because they seem to be on the verge of turning the corner. If Peyton is Peyton, they might be looking for a wild card spot and getting the tie break would be big when it comes down to getting into the playoffs.

How are the Chiefs on the verge of anything? If there's an easy win in the first 5 weeks, it's Kansas City, in my opinion. It was less than a year ago we embarrassed the hell out of them. And we've got a better defense this year.

How are the Chiefs on the verge of anything? If there's an easy win in the first 5 weeks, it's Kansas City, in my opinion. It was less than a year ago we embarrassed the hell out of them. And we've got a better defense this year.

They have a tough defense, a running game, and they beat the Packers. They must be doing something right if they beat them without their top safety and Pro Bowl RB.