Who Do You Think Will Win The Presidential Election?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe I have to admit Trump has done it again...rumors he'll "fire" an Obama impersonator at the convention. Obviously a minor sideshow but I will laugh I have to admit.

Also if I was Romney I would do more quasi-racist things as a campaign I heard one guy on the radio make a point I agree w/.....small swing voter base in this election as many have said but you can still turn some people on that otherwise might not be and nothing turns on potential conservative voters like knowing liberals hate you...internal Mitt discussions are more politically in-tune than me but they must at least be having this debate...if they think it can work a bit and increase base enthusiasm in what most think is a turn-out election they'll have no choice but to do it. This isn't McCain.

Edited by TheNewBills

JOHN STEELE GORDON ON WHY OBAMA HASN’T BEEN ABLE TO DEMONIZE ROMNEY AND OPEN UP A LEAD:

“Since the so-called recovery began in June 2009, the median household income has fallen by 4.8 percent. That’s more than it fell during the recession (2.6 percent). . . . It’s tough to get people to vote for a president whose economic policies have produced only ‘an unprecedented period of economic stagnation.’”

At best.

The mainstream media comes in to Tampa with one mission, Brian, and that’s to subtly give the impression that Romney is floundering: The new party line: After a typical August BS tumultuous month in which he was thrown off message by one distraction after another, especially the ones we in the MSM blew wildly out of proportion, Mitt Romney is a man Desperately Seeking Reboot! Here’s NPR’s Liz Halloran (“Romney Reboot: Convention Could Be the Ticket”)

The convention, however, comes in the wake of a tumultuous political period that has put Republicans and Romney, who amassed great wealth as a Boston-based private equity guru, on the defensive about women’s health and reproductive rights, and over the remaking of Medicare under the budget plan of his running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin.

Romney drove the conversation further off message Friday, when he made a joke in his home state of Michigan about how “no one’s ever asked to see my birth certificate.

See also any references to “Romney 2.0.” … News analysis:

a) This new MSM demarche comes at a time when Romney, a decidedly sub-optimal candidate, has nevertheless been slowly gaining ground in swing states;

b) Should Romney actually enjoy a resonant rhetorical moment at the convention, remember that you can always mute it with meta–e.g.: “Badly in need of a traditional convention bounce, Romney appealed to white working class voters by declaring ‘We can do better …’

c) That the latest MSM line actually tracks the official Obama campaign press release line (“convention re-invention”) is only a mild embarrassment at this point;

d) “Reboot” is the new “F— Y–;”

e) Will the pre-game analysis of Charlotte be “Still-mysterious Obama desperately needs to outline second term agenda”? …

How about the weather in the gulf area stirring up images of Katrina and a negative association with bush Romney'd rather not have? I think the media like Anderson cooper got away with murder painting an image of insufficient response on an uncaring George bush, but fact is they did and after Akin-gate another negative association this is last thing Romney needs right now

Ghost of Katrina hovers over Republican National Convention in Tampa http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/stateroundup/ghost-of-katrina-hovers-over-republican-national-convention-in-tampa/1248241

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

How about the weather in the gulf area stirring up images of Katrina and a negative association with bush Romney'd rather not have? I think the media like Anderson cooper got away with murder painting an image of insufficient response on an uncaring George bush, but fact is they did and after Akin-gate another negative association this is last thing Romney needs right now

Ghost of Katrina hovers over Republican National Convention in Tampa http://www.tampabay....n-tampa/1248241

More desperate attempts to link things to Romney that have nothing to do with him. Classic.

Romney to Media Fact-Checkers: Drop Dead

All throughout 2008, I watched as Obama's Media Palace Guards at Politifact, CNN, the Washington Post, and elsewhere did everything in their corrupt power to blunt criticism of Obama by, at best, spouting their left-wing version of the truth and, at worst, outright lying. It worked like this…

1. McCain hit Obama with effective criticism.

2. Worried the criticism might hurt Obama, like the rats they are, dishonest media fact checkers would scurry in and swarm the criticism in order to find a way to declare the truth a lie.

3. In collaboration with these left-wing fact checkers, the corrupt media would then attack McCain for lying.

4. Suddenly, Obama was not only protected from this criticism, but John McCain's credibility was under fire.

5. John McCain would cave.

Flash-forward to today:

Because Romney's criticism of Obama's gutting of welfare reform is doing some damage to the media's Precious One, these phony fact checkers are now ganging up with their media pals to not only declare Romney's factual criticism a lie -- they’re even calling it racist.

Well, thank the Good Lord, Team Romney is having none of it:

Mitt Romney's campaign said on Tuesday that its ads attacking President Obama's waiver policy on welfare have been its most effective to date. And while the spots have been roundly criticized as lacking any factual basis, the campaign said it didn't really care.

"We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers," Romney pollster Neil Newhouse said at a panel organized by ABC News. This is a different standard than the one Romney himself has held up for the election-season ad wars. Reacting to attacks by a pro-Obama super PAC, Romney recently told a radio station that "in the past, when people pointed out that something was inaccurate, why, campaigns pulled the ad."

Except the ads exposing Obama's gutting of welfare reform are 100% accurate and as we have documented time and again, the mainstream media's fact-checkers are shameless left-wing partisans willing to say and do anything to see Obama reelected.

Are we really supposed to believe anything the Washington Post's Glenn Kessler says after he called Romney a liar for stating a president who didn’t visit Israel didn’t visit Israel?

Are we really supposed to believe anything PolitiFact says after they declared as factual the absolute fantasy that Obama presided over the slowest increase in federal spending of any recent president?

All these fact-checkers have proven over the last year is the fact that they are dishonest shills. Thankfully, their desperation has exposed them as such. Thankfully, Romney refuses to be bullied and intimidated by them.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/08/28/Romney-to-media-fact-checkers-drop-dead

Ghost of Katrina hovers over Republican National Convention in Tampa http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/stateroundup/ghost-of-katrina-hovers-over-republican-national-convention-in-tampa/1248241

You're like a parrot, but dumber

I don't get the abortion-ban fear. Dubya had 4 years of full control of congress, and abortion didn't get outlawed. Yet Romney, a guy who was pro-choice at one time, will get it accomplished?

Dubya understood how to priortize and, by all accounts, didn't kowtow to every interest group and activist. He used his political capital on a few items that he very principally believed needed to be accomplished and didn't distract himself with the legislation-of-morality periphery.

People joke that Cheney was running the country. Nope. Not at all. I've heard anecdotes from people who have good enough access that on MANY occassions, W. Bush VERY firmly reminded the assembled politicians (to include Cheney) and advisors that he was the President and he would make the call.

Apparently, the decision to nominate Harriet Myers involved quite a few of those reminders.

In contrast, there is Romney - who has no spine. His penchant for yellow-bellied capitulation and situational ethics is unparalled in the annals of political history.

Dubya understood how to priortize and, by all accounts, didn't kowtow to every interest group and activist. He used his political capital on a few items that he very principally believed needed to be accomplished and didn't distract himself with the legislation-of-morality periphery.

People joke that Cheney was running the country. Nope. Not at all. I've heard anecdotes from people who have good enough access that on MANY occassions, W. Bush VERY firmly reminded the assembled politicians (to include Cheney) and advisors that he was the President and he would make the call.

Apparently, the decision to nominate Harriet Myers involved quite a few of those reminders.

In contrast, there is Romney - who has no spine. His penchant for yellow-bellied capitulation and situational ethics is unparalled in the annals of political history.

I've heard the same.

Though I wonder if that's as true early in his administration. Bush was an effective manager in large part because he could effectively delegate (i.e. he knew when not to), but I always wondered if he delegated too much early on,

I've heard the same.

Though I wonder if that's as true early in his administration. Bush was an effective manager in large part because he could effectively delegate (i.e. he knew when not to), but I always wondered if he delegated too much early on,

Most of the stuff that I hear about Bush came from his second term. His susceptibility to influence during his first term is a mystery to me outside of what was reported on tranditional news outlets. Have the media tell it, Paul Wolfowitz, Robert Kagan, and Kenneth Adelman single-handedly drove policy from 2000-2004. I don't believe that though. I think Bush was a VERY intelligent person who got "it" more than many (mostly progressives) gave him credit for.

I was disaapointed with how his last 2 years went. But I supported him twice, even when our international interests and involvement were looking muddled in 2004. In fact, even knowing what I know now, I'd support him over Obama and Romney if given the choice.

I haven't heard much about him delegating a lot of the *big* things early on. Have you heard differently?

This comment made me laugh at first, but then I realized...who better to recognize spineless [Are you sure that you want to use the "adjective" form here?] than an Obama supporter?

This comment made me laugh at first, but then I realized...who better to try to convince someone that they should vote for a man who they're not, in fact, voting for - as a sort of recruitment tool - than an Obama supporter like you?

LA, I'm glad that you've decided who you're voting for and that you're sticking with the incumbent. It fits with your overall quality of being unmemorable, chicken-schit, and lacking.

I, on the other hand, am going to maximize my vote, and will likely write-in Buddy Roemer or Jeb Bush. I've largely stuck to that for last 6 months now.

In closing, despite your odd efforts to convince me to vote for your candidate, incumbent Obama, and despite those in the choir who feel that slamming Mitt is tacitly endorsing Obama, I'm going to stick to my civic principle and write-in the candidate who I feel is the best qualified to lead this great country that I love - the U.S.A.

Signed,

Happy Unapologetic Nationalist

Edited by Juror#8

We can debate who is more spineless between Romney and Barry til the cows come home. But Romney won't do a thing about abortion once he's POTUS. It's a non-starter.

President Obama will visit Louisiana after all.

Obama campaign spokeswoman Jennifer Psaki told POLITICO earlier Friday that the president had no plans yet to visit the Gulf state and review damage from Hurricane Isaac, even though Mitt Romney announced plans to visit Friday.

But the White House announced a few hours later that he is now planning to go there.

"On Monday, September 3rd, President Obama will travel to Louisiana to meet with local officials and view ongoing response and recovery efforts to Hurricane Isaac," the White House said in a release.

In other words, Oh ****! Romney is going to LA. I better follow what he's doing, I don't want to get outdone.

:lol:

I live in California. My vote means nothing.

This is true. I'm still registered to vote in DC - that is why I'm writing in. DC, MD, and DE will never go Republican. Ever. If I was registering in VA, then I'd vote for Paul Ryan. If there happened to be another name on Paul Ryan's ticket...so be it. But I'd be voting for Paul Ryan.