Who Do You Think Will Win The Presidential Election?

He can without Ohio or Virginia, but it makes it considerably tougher.

Here's why, Wisconsin is now a viable target, and if Romney loses Ohio, then he can replace it with Wisconsin , win Virginia and pick up two of the following three, Iowa, Colorado or N.H.

Same goes with Virginia, he'd have to win Ohio, and pick up two of the three I mentioned below.

However, he does have to win Florida.

Ya you are right I ran a few more to get the map in my brain...WI and Virginia can overcome Ohio but nothing seems to get by losing Florida. And Obama seems to be able to win now and again w/ out Florida.

Edited by TheNewBills

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

GOP convention official theme: "We built that."

Thoughts? Literally building a convention theme around that? Instant criticism from liberal bloggers that the convention itself is in the Tampa Convention Center...built with huge contributions from public funds (more than half) and all small business owners around it probably appreciate that. Also apparently small business address from a speaker that speaks/lectures small businesses on obtaining gov't contracts and funding to get going and increase profits.

In any event, literally campaigning on this contextually questionable gaffe? I know everyone here is insane so this is probably great, but seriously? "We built that" is the motto?

We'll see how this plays out I guess.

Edited by TheNewBills

In any event, literally campaigning on this contextually questionable gaffe?

First of all, anyone with any sense whatsoever knows it was not a "contextually questionable gaffe." Anyone who believes that is simply drinking the Kool-aid and in the tank for Obama. Period. In context, that entire statement was WORSE than it was out of context. "We built that" shows the true difference between the parties; one believes in the free market and individual grit, determination and success, and one literally and actually believes that you would be unable to get a cup of coffee if it weren't for the government.

Unlike, of course, the entire DNC convention focusing on the War on Women, Abortion and Rape. They're having Sandra Fluke speaking, for Christ's sake. And Elizabeth Warren, the woman who claims to have been the belief and inspiration behind Occupy "I'll rape women and crap on police cars" Movement. Maybe they'll roll out Cutter to explain to everyone again how Obama created more jobs than Reagan. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I'll take "We did build that" over "Sandra Fluke and Elizabeth Warren speaks for us" any day of any week of any time.

Edited by LABillzFan

lol...classic LA...great poster I love your honest middle of the road unemotional approach to politics and reason.

As opposed to your pretending to be middle of the road so you seem moderate and can claim the high road?

LA may be a broken record but he makes more sense than the leftist loons.

lol...classic LA...great poster I love your honest middle of the road unemotional approach to politics and reason.

The reality is...and I genuinely mean this...the average person on the street would look at our comments and wonder what in the holy !@#$ we were talking about.

We built that? Sandra who? Abortion what? Occupy huh? None of this matters until the middle of October. If we still see unemployment high and prospects for improvement low, all the demonizing in the world won't save the pathetic campaign of Barack Obama.

LA may be a broken record but he makes more sense than the leftist loons.

Successful marketing relies not just on a consistent message, but a consistent message consistently repeated.

Edited by LABillzFan

Hehe as if I pretend to be middle of the road. LA is retarded I'm glad you enjoy his presence. He really provokes great "discussion" he's a real great person to talk with, I mean that btw...if I were repeating nonsense from my little circle of influence and wanted periodically have LA ramble about nothing around the periphery talking at the internet and with nobody he really would be a pleasure.

Hehe as if I pretend to be middle of the road. LA is retarded I'm glad you enjoy his presence. He really provokes great "discussion" he's a real great person to talk with, I mean that btw...if I were repeating nonsense from my little circle of influence and wanted periodically have LA ramble about nothing around the periphery talking at the internet and with nobody he really would be a pleasure.

Another drunken rant?

Another drunken rant?

Heavily buzzed I would say. I'm never drunk....unless I'm really really drunk

The reality is...and I genuinely mean this...the average person on the street would look at our comments and wonder what in the holy !@#$ we were talking about.

We built that? Sandra who? Abortion what? Occupy huh? None of this matters until the middle of October.

This isn't true anymore IMO. It's up for debate and it certainly was true some time ago, but I think it's an antiquated political outlook. At least in this election.

Thoughts? Literally building a convention theme around that? Instant criticism from liberal bloggers that the convention itself is in the Tampa Convention Center...built with huge contributions from public funds (more than half) and all small business owners around it probably appreciate that. Also apparently small business address from a speaker that speaks/lectures small businesses on obtaining gov't contracts and funding to get going and increase profits.

In any event, literally campaigning on this contextually questionable gaffe? I know everyone here is insane so this is probably great, but seriously? "We built that" is the motto?

Not an incredible tagline, but in my slightly buzzed state I can't come up with a better one. It's relevant and points to the contrast between the candidates. It appears that you don't like it. What would you suggest they use instead?

Not an incredible tagline, but in my slightly buzzed state I can't come up with a better one. It's relevant and points to the contrast between the candidates. It appears that you don't like it. What would you suggest they use instead?

"We suck"

Hmmm...well in my more than slightly buzzed state it's hard to say. It's a good question though...and I don't have an answer tonight probably won't give it much thought at this point no point.

My criticism of making it the actual slogan has nothing to do with using it, it's obvious ammo and they don't deserve to be in politics to not continue it...but to theme the convention around it seems a bit shallow for some reason. It just seems to me to merge the anti-Obama partisan political attacks (legitimate of course this is politics) too much into the genuine message of the party platform 2012. I mean...it just seems...reactionary and political and sort of petty and as an overall convention theme you would think there would be something better...something more authentically GOPish that is somehow all-encompassing of their vision. It seems like it will work with the base obviously but it really does rely on the Obama gaffe/truism however you see it. Obviously w/ out that it wouldn't be the tag line I mean on it's own "we built this" is asinine if viewed on an island it really just makes it seem like the entire deal is reactionary. I feel like I would obviously play it up in the convention and campaigning but I would want a sort of...rock (so to speak) out there that was simply "GOP"...a base that was somehow removed from politics a bit more than this and dealt more with the vision maybe synergistic w/ the Ryan pick and a general philosophy I'm selling...

I get that this will do that to an extent...but it's already out there...it's sort of toxic in that it riles up both bases the left gets nuts about it for obvious reasons and the line has hooked who it hooks already. It just seems weak. I mean the GOP convention is now themed "we built this?" It just doesn't seem to really do much in the way of furthering the "official introduction to the masses" while at the same time is just furthering the existing opposition effort to counter. Ultimately I think it really is marginalizing the ability of the whole line of attack to be used effectively in the future it's going to become a meme (more than it is now)

FWIW, 2 professors from the University of Colorado, who have correctly predicted the winner of every presidential election since they started doing it in 1980, have predicted that Romney will win the election, with 52.9% of the popular vote and 320 electoral votes: http://news.yahoo.com/university-colorado-prediction-model-points-big-romney-win-200605015.html

If this was the first such utterance, then yes it would be a gaffe.

But if you were paying attention to things that Obama has always said about the private sector, the Joe the Plumber quip, his upbringing and tutelage under Alinsky, his constant railing for redistribution of wealth and income under the fairness umbrella, and blaming financial market speculators for economic woes, leaves very little ambiguity that despite the denials by his handlers & sycophants, he has a lot more in common with Marxists than with anyone who had ever occupied the White House.

For anecdotal evidence visit Brighton Beach which has a high concentration of Soviet emigres. Obama got maybe a few % of votes in the area. Why? Because to the residents, his rhetoric sounded eerily familiar to the land they left behind.

Regardless of whether it's questionable or not as a gaffe...it's a good hook that plays well. It's sensible advertising.

But nothing more.