Sly Stallone's Kid Found Dead

ajzepp

Sad story yes but ODing on Rx pills at the age of 36? Come on man, grow up. I could see at 16 or something seeing I think many of us did stupid **** at teenagers but 36??? Dummy.

I didn't read about it. He had to be suicidal? Big problem (suicide)... Places like the military are really losing the war on this (Time just did a big article on this). My employer (DoD, Army) has been really pressing the suicide prevention training the last couple of years... I didn't think it was that bad (I knew the Army was really grabbling with it) until I read the Time article "One A Day." Every 80 minutes among all associated with the military,,, More died at their own hands than the whole Afghan war.

Truly sad...

I didn't read about it. He had to be suicidal? Big problem (suicide)... Places like the military are really losing the war on this (Time just did a big article on this). My employer (DoD, Army) has been really pressing the suicide prevention training the last couple of years... I didn't think it was that bad (I knew the Army was really grabbling with it) until I read the Time article "One A Day." Every 80 minutes among all associated with the military,,, More died at their own hands than the whole Afghan war.

Truly sad...

Ok, I didn't think of the suicide angle. It just said it appears he overdosed on prescription pills.

Truly sad...

Was he in the military? No.

Why are you bringing the military into this?

Plenty of people off themselves who have nothing to do with the military. And plenty of people in the military who do off themselves for reasons not directly connected to the war.

The suicide rate has increased in all sectors. The crappy economy has much more to do with this rise than the fact that there's an ongoing war. The rate has traditionally spiked in bad economies and declined in prosperity. Stress is up all over --- money/taxes, relationships and the breakdown of the family unit, religious institutions that has lost moral authority as more people see what's really going on, there's more anger brewing just beneath the surface of everybody today than I've ever seen. Combine that with the sad state of actual communication in a world where everyone is talking at each other and no one is listening. It's very easy to feel alienated and alone / not good enough / have no hope these days.

Was this suicide, was it leaning toward accidental as we've seen so much of in the past several years with the abuse / oversuse / mixing of Rx medications? That'll be determined.

Plenty of people off themselves who have nothing to do with the military. And plenty of people in the military who do off themselves for reasons not directly connected to the war.

The suicide rate has increased in all sectors. The crappy economy has much more to do with this rise than the fact that there's an ongoing war. The rate has traditionally spiked in bad economies and declined in prosperity. Stress is up all over --- money/taxes, relationships and the breakdown of the family unit, religious institutions that has lost moral authority as more people see what's really going on, there's more anger brewing just beneath the surface of everybody today than I've ever seen. Combine that with the sad state of actual communication in a world where everyone is talking at each other and no one is listening. It's very easy to feel alienated and alone / not good enough / have no hope these days.

Was this suicide, was it leaning toward accidental as we've seen so much of in the past several years with the abuse / oversuse / mixing of Rx medications? That'll be determined.

Okay... Just saying... I meant nothing negative. Sorry if you misread my post... There was nothing loaded about it. I was just talking from the perspective how this problem is really having an impact on my employer. I should have also addressed what you said.

I just immediately thought suicide... Probably because they hit us over the head all the time about it.

Damn after reading this maybe I should off myself.

Sad story yes but ODing on Rx pills at the age of 36? Come on man, grow up. I could see at 16 or something seeing I think many of us did stupid **** at teenagers but 36??? Dummy.

I'm not sure of his intent, but I will say that it's amazing to me how much latitude people take with Rx meds. Everything from antibiotics to sleeping pills and everything in between. People take far too many liberties and it's time for some changes to take place.

I'm not sure of his intent, but I will say that it's amazing to me how much latitude people take with Rx meds. Everything from antibiotics to sleeping pills and everything in between. People take far too many liberties and it's time for some changes to take place.

I will only give a little more latitude to taking vitamins... You will just piss them out. Also, maybe a Motrin or Tylenol/Aspirin... The Motrin thing is because 200mg doesn't do much, 400mg is rx strength and works better.

Oh... AJ... How can they change this? More education on RX drugs?

I don't get it either... Especially with a powerful drug... Aren't you suppose to follow the instructions to a tee!!!!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I will only give a little more latitude to taking vitamins... You will just piss them out. Also, maybe a Motrin or Tylenol/Aspirin... The Motrin thing is because 200mg doesn't do much, 400mg is rx strength and works better.

Oh... AJ... How can they change this? More education on RX drugs?

I don't get it either... Especially with a powerful drug... Aren't you suppose to follow the instructions to a tee!!!!

I'm with you on the Motrin...in the hospital we'll even go up to 800mg every 8hr for the short term. (Long term use is bad news.)

I think it will take a pretty broad approach in order to combat this problem. If I'm using the hospital setting as my example again, the RNs (staff in general, actually) are spread so damn thin that education often takes a back burner to "not killing anyone". I'll tell you guys a secret that is something that bothers me quite a lot...the hospital is more concerned that the staff complete their documentation than they are the patient's education. I never really knew how widespread the issue was until I became a supervisor and I started following behind my RNs and techs. Aside from one or two of them, nearly everyone documented things that never actually were done. It was more a function of not having enough time than it was not wanting to provide solid care, cause I worked with some fantastic nurses in terms of their skill sets. Hospitals want to make sure they have documentation on-hand for lawsuits. If nurses actually provided all the education that they were instructed to provide, the physical care would suffer....there just isn't enough time to do both anymore.

I'm with you on the Motrin...in the hospital we'll even go up to 800mg every 8hr for the short term. (Long term use is bad news.)

I think it will take a pretty broad approach in order to combat this problem. If I'm using the hospital setting as my example again, the RNs (staff in general, actually) are spread so damn thin that education often takes a back burner to "not killing anyone". I'll tell you guys a secret that is something that bothers me quite a lot...the hospital is more concerned that the staff complete their documentation than they are the patient's education. I never really knew how widespread the issue was until I became a supervisor and I started following behind my RNs and techs. Aside from one or two of them, nearly everyone documented things that never actually were done. It was more a function of not having enough time than it was not wanting to provide solid care, cause I worked with some fantastic nurses in terms of their skill sets. Hospitals want to make sure they have documentation on-hand for lawsuits. If nurses actually provided all the education that they were instructed to provide, the physical care would suffer....there just isn't enough time to do both anymore.

It's amazing to read that the people and place (hospital) where you are supposed to be safe under under care is ripe for killing you. Nobody should go in for care without a loved one by their side to help oversee all that takes place. To your point the nurses are spread way too thin.

It's amazing to read that the people and place (hospital) where you are supposed to be safe under under care is ripe for killing you. Nobody should go in for care without a loved one by their side to help oversee all that takes place. To your point the nurses are spread way too thin.

Yep, having a family member as your advocate is the best way to ensure proper care. Being in the hospital is a very dangerous proposition...nothing makes me angrier than an RN or doc who doesn't take the responsibility seriously, and I've seen that more often than I would have ever expected.

Truly sad...

I havn't seen anything mentioning suicide. it could be a bad drug interaction for all we know at this moment.

You can put a huge part of the blame on the RX companies and the doctors who are heavily urged to prescribe them. Just look at the pain clinic problem going on, it's gotten ridiculous. You can walk into a pain clinic with an MRI and walk out with 240 oxys 30mg, 180 oxys 15 mg and 90 xanax A MONTH. With just a little back or neck pain.

My fiancee just had our first baby on Wed. a beautiful 8.4 pound little girl. She had to have an emergency C Section and afterwords was offered 7 times to be given pain meds. Now we both specifically told the doctors and nurses that my fiance is a recovering drug addict who has been sober for 8 years and that she would be fine with Motrin and Tylenol. And yet they kept pushing it, even though she was fine and not in a lot of pain. Finally I had to talk with the vice president of the hospital who was making rounds just to do some reviews and it stopped.... for a day. The day we left the hospital they still wrote her a script for percs, which we ripped up upon leaving. I understand its their responsibility to help with pain management and its the users responsibility to to manage whats prescribed but in this day and age when prescription drugs are so freely given out and people have become dependent on them, its the professionals who have to step up and regulate. They have to be more responsible.

After my wife's c-section they prescribed Percocet (Oxy)... She never took them, she was afraid to get addicted...

Anyway... I stuck them in my car's first aid kit... Just in case somebody was in a wreck and needed a little edge taken off...

Anyway... Thanks for reminding me... It has been 10 years... I should probably flush them so the sewer supply has another substance in it!

Too funny... Funny how you save crap you think is important... LOL.