The Obama Record

I'm sorry to interrupt the threads on Romney being a liar, somebody who outsourced jobs, and is in general a greedy capitalist 1%er.

But let's take a side trip and discuss a trivial matter in this 2012 election. Lets discuss the record of the Obama Administration

What accomplishments merit a second term?

*Edit: Mods, do me a favor. In an attempt to keep this thread on topic, please edit any responses referring to Mr Obama's opponent as Big Scary Boogeyman

Edited by /dev/null

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to interrupt the threads on Romney being a liar, somebody who outsourced jobs, and is in general a greedy capitalist 1%er.

But let's take a side trip and discuss a trivial matter in this 2012 election. Lets discuss the record of the Obama Administration

*Edit: Mods, do me a favor. In an attempt to keep this thread on topic, please edit any responses referring to Mr Obama's opponent as Big Scary Boogeyman

This post has been intentionally left blank.

I credit Obama for the positive workings of the business cycle, for not abandoning the hunt for Bin Laden, and for the sun coming up this morning.

If Romney is president the sun wouldn't come up anymore.

He has single hand idly been responsible for raising my blood pressure. Some might see that as a accomplishment.

If Romney is president the sun wouldn't come up anymore.

It probably would, but it sure wouldn't rise due to Romney's beneficence, but rather because of the natural laws governing our solar system. Jobs lost would be due to Romney's incompetence while jobs gained would be due the workings of the business cycle. Thwarting terror would be a no brainer rather than a crowning achievement. Romney will get no participation trophies.

He got us out of Iraq over the loud and angry protests of the guy he ran against. Thank God!

His policies eased the recession and kept it from getting much worse, again, over the protests of the GOP

He bailed out the auto industry that Mitt Romney said should go bankrupt and that would fail, but when it didn't Mitt changed his story to make it seem like Obama listed to him all along.

He put two liberals on the supreme court

He has passed major health care reform which has and will help millions get, um, well, health care.

He's cut payroll taxes

He's such a good President! :thumbsup:

Hrmmm...

Well, it is really hard to repress an economy as large and resilient as the US economy, and he's managed that. So I guess that's something.

To be fair, there's plenty of other structural issues contributing to the economy. His leadership is a minor point.

But he did overturn decades if not centuries of financial law and practice by strong-arming GM's lenders into giving up their rights in favor of the unions. So that's something.

If you've got two minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCTPCWWvYDk

If you've got more than two minutes, and would like to see a more comprehensive list:

http://obamaachievements.org/list

EDIT: Just about all of the above accomplishments have been in the first three years of his term,

here's a more recent list: http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/march_april_2012/features/obamas_top_50_accomplishments035755.php/

Edited by uncle flap

He got us out of Iraq over the loud and angry protests of the guy he ran against. Thank God!

Except that we're still IN Iraq.

His policies eased the recession and kept it from getting much worse, again, over the protests of the GOP

Prove it.

He has passed major health care reform which has and will help millions get, um, well, health care.

Health INSURANCE, you idiot. Nowhere is health care addressed.

He's cut payroll taxes

So'd Bush. That's one of the reasons deficits are so astronomically high. Yay, Obushma!

Edited by DC Tom

He bailed out the auto industry that Mitt Romney said should go bankrupt and that would fail, but when it didn't Mitt changed his story to make it seem like Obama listed to him all along.

He put two liberals on the supreme court

He's cut payroll taxes

He's such a good President! :thumbsup:

+1 All this while having nothing but a brick wall to shake hands with across the isle. I feel the GOP has done nothing but try to render his administration ineffective. Rather than solve some issues, they have been fighting him the whole time. I never seen so much disrespect for an American President. (Joe Wilson, the great DICK Cheney, Eric Cantor) How about those beloved Right wingers do their jobs they were elected to do.

Edited by Smears

Obama's record will be putting Republicans in the White House for the next 16 years.

He'll do better than Carter who put Republicans in the White House for 12.

If folks thought the Democratic Party was burnt to the ground in 1980, they haven't seen anything yet.

Except that we're still IN Iraq.

Prove it.

Health INSURANCE, you idiot. Nowhere is health care addressed.

So'd Bush. That's one of the reasons deficits are so astronomically high. Yay, Obushma!

Ha ha, technically, we are still in France, too, so piss on you.

You prove me wrong

Insurance leads to care to you moron

Deficits help ease recessions and provide pumping priming, deficits happen boo hoo

Ya Obama!!!

Ha ha, technically, we are still in France, too, so piss on you.

We're not talking about France, we're talking about Iraq.

You prove me wrong

No. You made the affirmative statement. Burden's on you.

Insurance leads to care to you moron

No. Insurance is insurance. Care is care. I pay for my own health care out of pocket, sans insurance.

Deficits help ease recessions and provide pumping priming, deficits happen boo hoo

In other words...you support the Bush tax cuts as well...?

If you've got two minutes:

youtube.com/watch?v=wCTPCWWvYDk

If you've got more than two minutes, and would like to see a more comprehensive list:

http://obamaachievements.org/list

EDIT: Just about all of the above accomplishments have been in the first three years of his term,

here's a more recent list: http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/march_april_2012/features/obamas_top_50_accomplishments035755.php/

Too bad none of that is helping the economy or jobs. And the "prevented the next great depression" made me LOL.