Who will go the the Pro Bowl?

I would say this is optimistic but then the Senator has 90 Bills being named to the Pro Bowl!

Hondo ... it's preseason and yes it is very optimistic but when I started going through the roster with the thought of this team actually taking what is on paper and making it real then the names started popping onto that Pro Bowl list.

1 - Can you really deny a Bills defensive lineman from the Bowl? I think Kyle's motor is on full steam to accomplish beyond what he did in his Pro Bowl season when he had no support. However, I can see Mario making it or Dareus. If the Bills are winning and having the ferocious defense we expect then at least one lineman makes the team and at least one is second team. If this line is the BUFFALO BLIZZARD that consumes quarterbacks and running backs then I can easily see two making the starting team and one on second team.

2 - Taking the D line's potential as a key factor I have no doubt that Jarius is going to be a name known throughout the league. He has already proven that he is the total package at FS with a nose for the ball. His ball hawking skills will be enhanced by panicked quarterbacks trying to throw the ball away to avoid the sack so his interceptions should be approaching his rookie total. I think he is a lock for the Pro Bowl.

3 - Our offensive line allowed the fewest sacks of any line last year. The team rushing average is right there at the top too. The offense will get more on field time this year thanks to the D and how can you not include a Bills OL on the Pro Bowl team. Wood makes the most sense because if he returns to the level he was playing at last year I can't think of a better center. However Levitre's abilities at LG make him a fair choise too or even Urbik at RG.

4 - Ok, Fred Jackson is a sentimental pick and I am not sure if he will be able to get the touches he was getting last year when he would have made the Pro Bowl if he had not been injured. But, since he is perhaps the most important Bill I think he will get quality touches and be in a position to not only make the Pro Bowl but if the Bills are in the playoff mix he could be the MVP.

5 - Stevie and Fitz for second team honors are obviously depenedent on the team's winning record. With less pressure to always have to come from behind or get back on the field after the opposing team scored, I think we will see more of the Fitz from the beginning of last season and our experience will allow Stevie to get the passes he needs plus Stevie is making a name for himself and we all know Pro Bowl votes are not always based on field performance but I think what he will do in 2012 along with his image will get him at least second team status.

6 - Gilmore again is a hope that can only be based on what we have heard from rookie camp, OTA's and mini-camp. Every indication is that he is going to be Mr. Shut Down and the voters like rookies who do well. Another long shot here if Barnett is accurate in his predictions is Sheppard.

So yea the glass is more than half full ... ask me again in September and maybe I won't be dreaming quite as much.

GO BILLS!

My list of possibilities:

Offense:

Fitz- Should go if he and the majority of the O stays healthy

Wood- WILL go if he stays healthy

Levitre- should go but might look bad at times helping the young LT

Stevie- as long as Fitz stays healthy, good ole #13 will always have a shot.

Chandler- if he stays healthy and gets some more yards and receptions to go with his TD numbers from last year.

I leave Freddy off the list because I think he will be splitting more carries with CJ. Together they should be one of the best tandems in the league, but I don't see Freddy going. (I hope I'm wrong and he proves it again like last year when he played amazingly)

Defense:

Williams- super Mario will always be in the conversation.

Williams- with Dareus and Williams lining up on the same line could have his best year ever. IF Healthy.

Dareus- Will be a consideration. He will have a huge year since The Williams Brothers are lined up there taking many doubles.

Barnett- should be a tackle machine this year behind that line.

Byrd- one of the best tackling Safties I've seen in a long time. Troy has hits, Reed has insticts, but Byrd has both with Antoine Winfield like presence and tackling. He WILL be one of the best Safties in the league. I just hope we find a way to lock him up early.

Wilson- with a better Dline in front could be even better. That should put him in the convo at least.

I doubt any DBs make it. They will be good but not that good. Another year or 2 away.

SPecial Teams:

Rogers- in the return game he will be fantastic.

I will add 1 wild card:

Merriman- IF..... HUGGGGGGGE IF.... He can come back healthy, he will surely make it and will probably be the comeback player of the year. I can see a 15 sack season out of the guy. With the best players on the dline that he's ever played next to, he will be a monster!!!!

barnett is almost impossible with being in the same category as the 34 OLBs. Sack numbers are king in that vote. really, its disappointing that the nfl groups them that way. 43 OLB has to be the toughest position in sports to get selected at.

i will also say it will be tough to get 3, or impossible for 4 defensive lineman selected even if they all put up all pro play. just a numbers game really. O-line do go in packs though and with a strong rb combo i think that wood and levitre will end up going. likely behind mankins and mangold just because of name recognition, but i think they go if healthy.

It will be difficult for a lot of Bills to make the Pro Bowl in for the 2012/2013 season because they just don't seem to get the pub. So while I think there will be many Bills players who will be deserving I think the players that are most likely to be selected include:

Bills' Pro Bowl Selections for 2012/2013:

DT M. Dareus - This guy is a stud. I expect him to dominate from Day 1, especially because opposing teams will not be able to key on him with the recent improvements that have been made to the D-line.

DE M. Williams - Another stud. The 4-3 is taylor-made for him. I expect him to be moved around a lot to exploit matchup problems and whenever there is a mismatch expect M. Williams to make the opposing team pay.

SS G. Wilson - If he stays healthy he will prove to be one of the very best SS's in the league. With a much improved pass rush in front of him he is going to make a bigger impact this year than he did last year and he was having a standout year last year until he suffered the iseason-ending njury.

RB F. Jackson - He is the Bills' MVP and he will prove it this season.

LG A. Levitre - One of the top 3 LGs in the entire league. The team's success this year will help him to be recognized.

Bills Players that will be deserving of a Pro Bowl selection in 2012, but won't be selected:

WR St. Johnson - He has become uncoverable, but there are too many stellar WRs to beat out.

TE C. Chandler - He has really developed his game and I expect him to be an even better player this year under P. Metzelaars' tutelage. Too many big names to compete against.

DT K. Williams - Very good player, but won't be apply recognized for it because of the small market that he plays in.

CB S. Gilmore - Will play like a standout veteran CB, but won't get the nod this year because he's just a rookie.

FS J. Byrd - Will play well, but will be overshadowed by Wilson.

Mark Anderson. He'll be our only DL getting consistent 1-on-1 matchups and is likely to end up with more sacks than Mario because of it. He may be the least deserving among the D-linemen, but if he has 13-14 sacks, he'll be the one going to Hawaii.

I also think there's a chance both Byrd & Wilson make it. Wilson made a name for himself last year & gets voted in if he has another year like it, minus injury. Byrd's name is already out there from his rookie year.

I would say this is optimistic but then the Senator has 90 Bills being named to the Pro Bowl!

This is true, although I'll probably whittle that list down to about 53 by the season opener.

Still, it is possible that - even after being cut by the the Bills - our castoffs will be named to the Pro Bowl as members of other NFL teams.

That's right...our Bills are that damned good...

19 and 0 baby!!!! :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Edited by The Senator

No one, we're going to the Superbowl. Duh.

But, yet again, it looks like we've already "won" the pre-season and are celebrating our team and players when we have yet to accomplish anything. I hate that we seem to be getting big heads already. :(

This^^^ Agree 100%. I'm excited as the next guy, but we ain't done nottin yet. Go out and prove it!

Tim-