Romney Booed by NAACP

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. I found he was "keepin' it real" when he began his speech saying, "Yo, yo, yo, !@#$ the po-po! Kill whitey!"

Apparently he doesn't have enough street cred yet. He needs to bust some more caps in the 5-0's asses.

Naw, he should have followed Hillary's lead:

Sorry I have not read this whole thread, so forgive me if this has been said...Romney wanted to get booed by the NAACP. It will invigorate a certain element of his party. He wasn't there to garner votes or endorsement from the NAACP... Mitt, we may not know your heart...but it is becoming more and more visible... his defense "if they are just looking for someone to give them more handouts, they should vote for the other guy" speaks volumes. I suspect he is entrenched in Elma.

Edited by Buftex

That is Romney's whole schtick. I havn't heard one idea or plan come out of Romney's mouth. Perhaps the worst Republican candidate in 75 years. I'm voting for Obama because Mitt is just plain pathetic.

As far as I recall, Obama didn't really come out with a plan either in 2008. And what's Obama's plan by the way?

Sorry I have not read this whole thread, so forgive me if this has been said...Romney wanted to get booed by the NAACP. It will invigorate a certain element of his party. He wasn't there to garner votes or endorsement from the NAACP... Mitt, we may not know your heart...but it is becoming more and more visible... his defense "if they are just looking for someone to give them more handouts, they should vote for the other guy" speaks volumes. I suspect he is entrenched in Elma.

Honestly I expected more from you. As a Canuck who has no skin in this game, I still think he went there and delivered similar speeches that he's given to every other group. He was booed when he said he would repeal obamacare but it wasn't as bad as the article makes it out to be.

Edited by meazza

As far as I recall, Obama didn't really come out with a plan either in 2008. And what's Obama's plan by the way?

Honestly I expected more from you. As a Canuck who has no skin in this game, I still think he went there and delivered similar speeches that he's given to every other group. He was booed when he said he would repeal obamacare but it wasn't as bad as the article makes it out to be.

I think you're confusing a critique of Romney for a praise for Obama.

Says who? Did you attend?

"Hope and Change" and "I'm not Bush."

You might think that a shallow and silly plan...but it won the guy a Nobel Prize.

Are you implying that Romney is racist? If so, you suck.

I saw the speech and really thought this was an interesting moment.

"if you want a president who will make things better in the African American community, you are looking at him"

They naturally booed and he defiantly quipped

"take a look"

I gotta say, that was ballsy, and my guess is that he got some respect from some african Americans and I sure as hell can tell you thati have a new found respect for him, never had seen that side from him.

That is Romney's whole schtick. I havn't heard one idea or plan come out of Romney's mouth. Perhaps the worst Republican candidate in 75 years. I'm voting for Obama because Mitt is just plain pathetic.

No, you're voting for Obama because you always vote democrat, retard.

Edited by WorldTraveller

I actually saw a bit of the speech...and it was condescending..."Obamacare" issue aside. He went to pains to remind everyone numerous times, "if you could see what is in my heart, you would see..." Really Mitt? How come you can't tell anyone?

I don't think he gave any other speech telling everyone that he would be the best president for African American families...where else did he say that? He wanted to get booed... I have little doubt. The poor old white guy getting booed by a bunch of blacks is going to play well for him in some places. To me, it was a cynical move, and not nearly as dumb as it seems...

I actually saw a bit of the speech...and it was condescending..."Obamacare" issue aside. He went to pains to remind everyone numerous times, "if you could see what is in my heart, you would see..." Really Mitt? How come you can't tell anyone?

I don't think he gave any other speech telling everyone that he would be the best president for African American families...where else did he say that? He wanted to get booed... I have little doubt. The poor old white guy getting booed by a bunch of blacks is going to play well for him in some places. To me, it was a cynical move, and not nearly as dumb as it seems...

I honestly think he probably knows what's best to get America back on track but he'd probably piss off his base if he said it.

That being said, he said exactly what he always did except inserted African Americans and did better than I thought he would in front of a hostile crowd.

Are you saying that he wanted to get booed to whip up support from the racist whites?

Are you implying that Romney is racist? If so, you suck.

I saw the speech and really thought this was an interesting moment.

"if you want a president who will make things better in the African American community, you are looking at him"

They naturally booed and he defiantly quipped

"take a look"

I gotta say, that was ballsy, and my guess is that he got some respect from some african Americans and I sure as hell can tell you thati have a new found respect for him, never had seen that side from him.

No, you're voting for Obama because you always vote democrat, retard.

I will take Mitt at his word that he isn't racist, and I don't think he is...but I also think he knows he isn't winning the black vote, so invigorating the racist strand of the Republican party is the next best thing...he was playing the race card today! He wasn't speaking to black Americans today, he was drumming up votes amongst some white Americans. Modern politics.

And you suck! :nana:

Are you saying that he wanted to get booed to whip up support from the racist whites?

Yup! It seems to be working! :lol:

I honestly think he probably knows what's best to get America back on track but he'd probably piss off his base if he said it.

That being said, he said exactly what he always did except inserted African Americans and did better than I thought he would in front of a hostile crowd.

Funny...that is what Repulicans have been accusing the president of doing, a wink and a smile, in regards to what he will really do if re-elected.

I will take Mitt at his word that he isn't racist, and I don't think he is...but I also think he knows he isn't winning the black vote, so invigorating the racist strand of the Republican party is the next best thing...he was playing the race card today! He wasn't speaking to black Americans today, he was drumming up votes amongst some white Americans. Modern politics.

Maybe he was really speaking to the racist strand of the Democrat Party. He already has the white Republican racists, so why does he need to court them? And you really should have read this whole thread.

Funny...that is what Repulicans have been accusing the president of doing, a wink and a smile, in regards to what he will really do if re-elected.

^^^. ^^^^

The lowest common denominator

Interesting. I'd really like to know how you came to that conclusion. And the quote regarding the handouts is spot on.

Chef, your reply is perfect.

Yes, implying that all African Americans are only in it for the free hand-outs is what he was going for... letting all white America know, he stepped into the ring and told black people that living off government entitlements is going to end, and the rich uncle is going to give you some tough love...it is a complete insult to an entire group of people...but that message, obviously, appeals to another group.

Romney wasn't addressing how he would be the best candidate for African American families. If he really thinks African American families are suffering because of reliance on entitlements, tell them why...tell them what you are going to do, as the best candidate for African American families, to make their life better...

^^^. ^^^^

The lowest common denominator

Don't beat yourself up too hard WorldTravler... you just need to get out and see more of the world! :P

Maybe he was really speaking to the racist strand of the Democrat Party. He already has the white Republican racists, so why does he need to court them? And you really should have read this whole thread.

You got me there...you may be right. But, either way, I think his plan was to get a message to a different group of people than those he was speaking in front of.

Wow.

Where was your critique of Romney & Obama talking about being the best POTUS for Hispanics when they were in Florida last week for NALEO? Should we be equally shocked that Romney didn't pledge his support for Israel at the NAACP convention, but did so at the AIPAC gathering? I'm shocked that he would address issues that he thinks are germane for his audience.

Keep up the excuse meter, it's racking up a lot of miles.

Chef, your reply is perfect.

Yes, implying that all African Americans are only in it for the free hand-outs is what he was going for... letting all white America know, he stepped into the ring and told black people that living off government entitlements is going to end, and the rich uncle is going to give you some tough love...it is a complete insult to an entire group of people...but that message, obviously, appeals to another group.

Romney wasn't addressing how he would be the best candidate for African American families. If he really thinks African American families are suffering because of reliance on entitlements, tell them why...tell them what you are going to do, as the best candidate for African American families, to make their life better...

Don't beat yourself up too hard WorldTravler... you just need to get out and see more of the world! :P

You got me there...you may be right. But, either way, I think his plan was to get a message to a different group of people than those he was speaking in front of.

So different from your candidate. His message was consistent with his other speeches. He didn't play up to his audience. You have a problem with that?

Wow.

Where was your critique of Romney & Obama talking about being the best POTUS for Hispanics when they were in Florida last week for NALEO? Should we be equally shocked that Romney didn't pledge his support for Israel at the NAACP convention, but did so at the AIPAC gathering? I'm shocked that he would address issues that he thinks are germane for his audience.

Keep up the excuse meter, it's racking up a lot of miles.

GG... perhaps I explained my point poorly... obviously it was lost on you.

So different from your candidate. His message was consistent with his other speeches. He didn't play up to his audience. You have a problem with that?

You are being naive 3rd... your point would make more sense if he didn't say, twice, that he was the best candidate for African American families...

Edited by Buftex