Romney Booed by NAACP

This coming from a guy who lives here... Tell me about this "state of affairs."

:rolleyes:

It is a well known fact that the State of Illinois leads the nation in cheating husbands and wives. It's been known as the "state of affairs" for decades.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to get the feeling that the reason colored people have a hard time in this world is because their leaders need them to be held back.

Chair of NAACP for Women: Romney doesn't get black people because he talks about things like savings accounts.

Regardless of your color, why would you NOT welcome someone to speak about how he can help get them out of the schitthole they are currently stuck in? Why would you ever SUGGEST that black people can't find a way to and from work? The NAACP is in dire need of some better inspiration because this woman is useless.

Some convention attendees at the Houston gathering of the venerable black group interpreted the wording in Romney's speech — from his use fo the term "Obamacare," to his reference to a "kitchen cabinet" of black advisers he assembled while Governor of Massachusetts — as insensitive to the largely African-American audience.

Apparently "kitchen" is a slave reference and racially insensitive. Will these people ever get in the current century?

Some convention attendees at the Houston gathering of the venerable black group interpreted the wording in Romney's speech — from his use fo the term "Obamacare," to his reference to a "kitchen cabinet" of black advisers he assembled while Governor of Massachusetts — as insensitive to the largely African-American audience.

Apparently "kitchen" is a slave reference and racially insensitive. Will these people ever get in the current century?

Also apparently talking about the higher unemployment among blacks was racially insensitive as well. :rolleyes:

He didn't insult Obama personally. He said that his policies are failing.

Well then he was just mistaken, because the policies that were implemented are not failing. The banks were bailed out which prevented an economic collapse, the Affordable Care Act has opened up healthcare options that previously weren't available to millions, and GM and Chrysler were saved from bankruptcy and thousands of jobs were saved. We could be in even better shape if Congress would stop stonewalling on other Obama proposals to boost domestic demand and prevent further public sector layoffs at the state and local level that are a drag on the net unemployment numbers, where private sector jobs have been increasing. Not to mention his foreign policy successes.

And his appearance was more about him reinforcing his conservative credentials with the right wingers than trying to win over NAACP members.

Again... Not harping on the Mormon thing... But Mitt was in his 30's before he was told that black people were not cursed... Why should anybody trust this clown. Now I don't know how devout he is... But this is downright scary.

Yeah... Play the race, religion card to many of your anger... Why should he get a pass. I wanna know where he stands with his early life beliefs. One's beliefs are deeply rooted to how they were raised

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Also apparently talking about the higher unemployment among blacks was racially insensitive as well. :rolleyes:

"I believe his vested interests are in white Americans," said Charlette Stoker Manning, chair of Women in NAACP. "You cannot possibly talk about jobs for black people at the level he's coming from. He's talking about entrepreneurship, savings accounts — black people can barely find a way to get back and forth from work."

Can you imagine if Romney said that?

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Again... Not harping on the Mormon thing... But Mitt was in his 30's before he was told that black people were not cursed... Why should anybody trust this clown. Now I don't know how devout he is... But this is downright scary.

Yeah... Play the race, religion card to many of your anger... Why should he get a pass. I wanna know where he stands with his early life beliefs. One's beliefs are deeply rooted to how they were raised

Yes, I sure wouldn't want a president that had his early training in a madrassa.

Well then he was just mistaken, because the policies that were implemented are not failing. The banks were bailed out which prevented an economic collapse, the Affordable Care Act has opened up healthcare options that previously weren't available to millions, and GM and Chrysler were saved from bankruptcy and thousands of jobs were saved. We could be in even better shape if Congress would stop stonewalling on other Obama proposals to boost domestic demand and prevent further public sector layoffs at the state and local level that are a drag on the net unemployment numbers, where private sector jobs have been increasing. Not to mention his foreign policy successes.

And his appearance was more about him reinforcing his conservative credentials with the right wingers than trying to win over NAACP members.

You have more credibility if you would just parrot your "See, told you Hillary would be better."

You should know better than slinging standard Dem trope around these parts. The bank bailouts were an evil Bush program. The ACA is not in effect yet. Some people here actually understand what the term "bankruptcy" means - never mind that both Chrysler & GM actually were in bankruptcy. So how did Obama save them from bankruptcy? I can make a stronger argument that the way Obama eviscerated long standing bankruptcy laws had a chilling effect across the capital markets. People here also understand that it's not GOP that's blocking Obama's policies, but the private sector's fears that future investments are at risk of forfeiture by this administration or that more regulations/laws are on the way that will reward Obama's favored classes. So why bother investing in anything speculative, when you can still hit your profit goals by improving efficiency? (ie not adding staff)

Other than that, you've really nailed it.

No, you unmitigated moron. The proper analogy to what Romney did is saying that New England is better because Tom Brady is better than Fitzpatrick. He didn't insult Obama personally. He said that his policies are failing. If you take what Romney said as an insult, then Romney doesn't want your vote.

It also speaks loudly to your predilection for a president, as it appears that you would prefer a guy who would play up to a crowd to win votes, as opposed to talking frankly to the electorate about hard truths. No wonder you're perfectly happy about the state of affairs in Chicago & Illinois.

Hahah. You're hopeless.

Youre either a sad pathetic troll, or a sad pathetic moron--either way I'm done trying to converse with someone who insists on putting words in

my mouth for the sake of arguing.

Hahah. You're hopeless.

Youre either a sad pathetic troll, or a sad pathetic moron--either way I'm done trying to converse with someone who insists on putting words in

Hang tough against these conservative twits. They know they are wrong. Open dialogue my foot! You either break left or break right. You think this country is rough, only gonna get rougher with old NAACP Mitt running the show. These people lash out when power transfers from the few to the many.

I tells ya my brotha, massa had me chained to the stove for twenty some odd ye'as. He ussa laugh when to toll me to "whip up some 'taters".

Hang tough against these conservative twits. They know they are wrong. Open dialogue my foot! You either break left or break right. You think this country is rough, only gonna get rougher with old NAACP Mitt running the show. These people lash out when power transfers from the few to the many.

One day I hope you bump your head and re-read some of your garbage and realize how retarded you are.

Hahah. You're hopeless.

I actually listened to the speech. Didn't really come off as "obama sucks". He got booed once which isn't surprising given that the entire crowd was most likely liberal.

Hahah. You're hopeless.

I think you're doing a perfectly fine job of showing your intellect without the need of someone putting words in your mouth. In fact, you should post more to reinforce it.

Now go ride the EL and tell us again how happy you were standing next to an actual person of color.

I can't speak for all conservative twits, but I'm actually concerned about you guys transferring power from the many to the few.

Just catching up with this story. No problems here that's one of Romney and the GOP's main issues. He would be a hypocrite to not mention it. And all in all the NAACP clapped a lot. As I see it, there is nothing to see here. He did at one point say he was best for the gay community as well as blacks which was awkward but all in all we all know he just means in general he thinks his policies will help the pocket book.

To clarify: I don't care how he said what, the very fact that he MENTIONED Obama was stupid.

I don't get this. If you're going to tell a crowd they should choose you over their "Golden Boy" (and that gold's not so shiney any more) then it seems sensible to explain why you're policies will be better for them than his. Am I wrong?