Russ Brandon

If I'm following this thread correctly--and I have no reason to believe I'm not--the REAL story here is that in the epic showdown between our man (Russ) and their* man (Gronk), it was the good guys who reigned victorious.

Sounds like a big !@#$ing win for Bills Nation to me!! :beer:

I know this is a little off topic but who does this guy think he is participating in the AAA Home Run contest last evening? Was this event so hard up for "celebrities" that he makes the cut? Why does he even accept an invite to this?

Russ,

You're not a celebrity and stop acting like one until the Bills have shown some signs of success during your tenure.

BOOOOOOOO!!!! Tough life you must have if you B word about this....hate to be your dog after a bad day at work.

He came from baseball, and has done yeomans work as a fish out of water. He was a marketing guy who got thrust into a GM's (marve was not really in charge of anything.)role, and has gained the trust of Ralph enough to begin to turn things around. It began with buddy's hiring and continues. If you want to look at w/l's sure, no improvement. If you look at talent on the field, you are blind to not have optimism for the first time in a decade.

SO to you I say, 'Get your hair cut, mullets are ridiculous an it will help you to have a better perspective!'

If I'm following this thread correctly--and I have no reason to believe I'm not--the REAL story here is that in the epic showdown between our man (Russ) and their* man (Gronk), it was the good guys who reigned victorious.

Sounds like a big !@#$ing win for Bills Nation to me!! :beer:

Unfortunately Gronk hit 7 and their* man won. On the plus side is was pretty funny to see how much Gronk got booed when he was introduced at the beginning. Then he was cheered during the whole derby. And then when it was all said and done when he won, everyone remembered that he was a Patriot and booed him again.

Unfortunately Gronk hit 7 and their* man won. On the plus side is was pretty funny to see how much Gronk got booed when he was introduced at the beginning. Then he was cheered during the whole derby. And then when it was all said and done when he won, everyone remembered that he was a Patriot and booed him again.

Love it! Thanks for the recap.

Who f*in cares if the Bills are winning or losing, that doesn't matter for if the guy is a celebrity or not for the Triple A Allstar game.

The guy is a local celebrity in Buffalo because he is the CEO of the team, and most people know he is part of the Bills front office. Aparently the guy was chosen because he is a local celebrity and has previous baseball experience.

I know this is a little off topic but who does this guy think he is participating in the AAA Home Run contest last evening? Was this event so hard up for "celebrities" that he makes the cut? Why does he even accept an invite to this?

Russ,

You're not a celebrity and stop acting like one until the Bills have shown some signs of success during your tenure.

:wallbash: Ok ... so what's your problem with Russ?

He is definitely a person of prominence in the Buffalo sports community ... he is super dedicated to getting the Bills supported by the business leaders of Western New York and Southern Ontario.

He is allowed to have some fun and yes, his fellow sports team owners can feel comfortable in inviting him out on the field. I keep hoping that every time Russ comes to bat he hits a homerun for the Bills and for dollars to come to support our team!

Go complain about something else ...

For the record, the team we're all so excited about this year is directly the result of Brandon's work. In case you've forgotten, after "retiring" Marv Levy, Brandon became the de facto GM. And when he did, one of the first actions he took was to quietly entice Buddy Nix back to Buffalo. He then gave him a year to assess the situation and once he was up to speed, put him in the GM's chair. The draft and the FA signings also began improving once Brandon took charge. No, they were far from perfect (ya gotta figure Maybin was a concession to Jauron, and when that went south, Brandon was in a better position to jettison him...and eventually, to get rid of Modrak as well). What began happening under Brandon was that the additions to the roster began to make sense, began to point in the right direction.

So, yeah, let the guy bang the ball around without hammering him, will ya?

I could piss over that fence!!

Yep.

Not yet mentioned in this thread is something I read in an article on the event… that the home run contest did not use the regular outfield fence but rather they erected a temporary fence somewhere about mid-outfield… FWIW.