Russ Brandon

I know this is a little off topic but who does this guy think he is participating in the AAA Home Run contest last evening? Was this event so hard up for "celebrities" that he makes the cut? Why does he even accept an invite to this?

Russ,

You're not a celebrity and stop acting like one until the Bills have shown some signs of success during your tenure.

I know this is a little off topic but who does this guy think he is participating in the AAA Home Run contest last evening? Was this event so hard up for "celebrities" that he makes the cut? Why does he even accept an invite to this?

Russ,

You're not a celebrity and stop acting like one until the Bills have shown some signs of success during your tenure.

If you dont think the Bills have improved since Russ Brandon got here you havent been paying attention

Apparently Russ can swing the stick. I think I saw a tweet that he hit SIX dingers! Can anyone confirm?

Russ,

Umm...Russ is a marketing guy, and this is a marketing event. Lighten up, Francis.

If you dont think the Bills have improved since Russ Brandon got here you havent been paying attention

I guess you're right, I haven't been paying attention. I can give him some credit for selling tickets and moving training camp. Ultimately he should be judged by the teams success on the field seeing that he is the CEO of the franchise. This being the case I think he has been a complete failure.

I guess you're right, I haven't been paying attention. I can give him some credit for selling tickets and moving training camp. Ultimately he should be judged by the teams success on the field seeing that he is the CEO of the franchise. This being the case I think he has been a complete failure.

So the CEO of a company isnt supposed to make the team viable in the market it operates in? Guess I missed that day in business 101.

Maybe you missed when he hired Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey and Mario Williams? PS Marv Levy hired Dickie J, Not Russ.

Go back and watch film of this team 3 years ago and tell me were are not a better football team today.

So the CEO of a company isnt supposed to make the team viable in the market it operates in? Guess I missed that day in business 101.

Maybe you missed when he hired Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey and Mario Williams? PS Marv Levy hired Dickie J, Not Russ.

Go back and watch film of this team 3 years ago and tell me were are not a better football team today.

Last time I checked we won 6 games last year. 6 games. The previous 5 years win totals:

2011- 6 wins

2010- 4 wins

2009- 6 wins

2008- 7 wins

2007- 7 wins

2006- 7 wins

2005- 5 wins

7 straight losing seasons. I know it's a Bills fan's job to be optimistic every season as I try to be but are we even the 2nd best team in our division? I hope we improve this year, I really do. But in my opinion this team still has a lot of holes and I don't trust guys like Russ Brandon and Jeffrey Littman running the organization.

Last time I checked we won 6 games last year. 6 games. The previous 5 years win totals:

2011- 6 wins

2010- 4 wins

2009- 6 wins

2008- 7 wins

2007- 7 wins

2006- 7 wins

2005- 5 wins

7 straight losing seasons. I know it's a Bills fan's job to be optimistic every season as I try to be but are we even the 2nd best team in our division? I hope we improve this year, I really do. But in my opinion this team still has a lot of holes and I don't trust guys like Russ Brandon and Jeffrey Littman running the organization.

Wow, you really nailed it. Here we were all thinking the Bills were going to be good this year. Thanks for opening our eyes. Still not too late to fire everyone and start over.

PTR

2011- 6 wins

2010- 4 wins

2009- 6 wins

2008- 7 wins

2007- 7 wins

2006- 7 wins

2005- 5 wins

Until last season, you know what they would call that kind of record in Detroit?

A dynasty.

Wow, you really nailed it. Here we were all thinking the Bills were going to be good this year. Thanks for opening our eyes. Still not too late to fire everyone and start over.

PTR

I never said they should "fire everyone." My point was that I didn't think he should be participating in a Home Run Derby. Usually things like that are meant for athletes or celebrities.

I never said they should "fire everyone." My point was that I didn't think he should be participating in a Home Run Derby. Usually things like that are meant for athletes or celebrities.

Snooki is considered a celebrity these days, maybe she should have trotted out there. Kim Kardashian has a nice cut I hear. :rolleyes:

2011- 6 wins

2010- 4 wins

2009- 6 wins

2008- 7 wins

2007- 7 wins

2006- 7 wins

2005- 5 wins

Ok, so because of all of this, he shouldn't be in a Home Run Derby? I'm not following the logic.

Ok, so because of all of this, he shouldn't be in a Home Run Derby? I'm not following the logic.

Hes not a celeb. Snooki was available and all the Red Wings could get was the St. John Fisher Grad who used to work for the Red Wings, and now is the CEO of the local professional football team. O and he only hit 6 HRs, beat out some Gronk fellow?

You can't let a guy have a little fun? He is the CEO of the Bills and makes a lot of decisions for the organization; any body from the Bills organization would make that person a celebrity in Buffalo, especially after this off-season with everybody pumped for the new season.

Some fans take the game a little bit too seriously. Remember when Gronkowski when clubbing the night after they lost the Super Bowl and everyone freaked out? Perfect example. I don't know what people expected him to do, maybe mope around for a months or something like that. Instead of doing just that, he did what most 20-and-something-people would do and went out to have fun.

Just because people work for a football team doesn't mean they can't go out and do something like a home run derby. If I had a tough day at school or something, the first thing I want to do is call up one of my teammates and ask if he wants to do some batting practice at the ball park; no reason why Russ can't do the same.

As long as the players don't do something that gets them in legal trouble or makes them miss practice, they can go out and live a normal life.

Apparently Russ can swing the stick. I think I saw a tweet that he hit SIX dingers! Can anyone confirm?

Umm...Russ is a marketing guy, and this is a marketing event. Lighten up, Francis.

Love the reference Uncle Hulka!

Mullet, they had Fred Jackson, Kaleta, Joe D, Jim Kelly, and Bill Polian there as well. Just because we aren't winning the super bowl every year like you do in your madden franchise, it doesn't mean that Russ is doing a bad job.