Michael Floyd called out by Larry Fitzgerald

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing that these kids just don't get it. The NFL is like nothing they have ever experienced before. The best of the best to where their natural talent will only get them so far.

True, but I think it's sort of human nature for a 21yr old to get lazy when that natural talent alone has made them elite on every level up to that point in their life. I'm more surprised a lot of these guys work as hard as they do to be honest.

Edited by BuffOrange

Ha!

What pre-draft red flags were there that warned that Floyd was lazy or unmotivated? Floyd's only area of concern was the multiple drinking offenses.

This is a guy who arrived at high school two hours early every morning and worked as a janitor so he could maintain a scholarship. A guy who ND coach Brian Kelly called the hardest worker he had seen in 20 years of coaching.

Who knows what is going on in AZ (oh wait, did I say AZ? I meant Minnesota, you know, where Fitz is right now organizing this very official "workout". And by "organizing" I mean working out with a sports fitness coach). But let's not re-write history to fit a new narrative based solely on a tweet from a teammate (which, to put a nice bow on this goofy thread, was most likely intended as more of a trash talk/locker room barking than a heavy handed indictment of Floyd's work ethic).

Trash talk to Twitter? Right. And the DWI reference was an attempt at humor, right? Im not going to draw any conclutions as to what prompted the tweet, but I didn't get the feeling it was to be taken as humor.

THANK YOU!

The guy was involved in alcohol related incidents off the field.

Everyone needs him to fit into this Pacman Sterotype.

That is not Malcolm Floyd.

If piling on a tweet by a teammate meant to motivate, makes you feel better that the Bills passed on an all world talent with the potential to be the next Larry Fitzgerald than goo for you.

6 years from now you won't be filling so good.

What about Michael Floyd?

I just find it funny that Fitz is the reason why they drafted Floyd in the first place. If anyone can get him motivated I have no doubt it's Fitz. On the other hand, if Gitz can't even get Him motivated they are in trouble.

Just a rookie and he already needs to be motivated ? There are countless instances of lazy athletes who never amounted to much in the NFL despite their natural talents. If an athlete is on a losing team for several years, I can understand needing some motivation. But Floyd was drafted high, comes with high expectations and will be paid more money that he has ever seen in his life. What further motivation is needed ?

If piling on a tweet by a teammate meant to motivate, makes you feel better that the Bills passed on an all world talent with the potential to be the next Larry Fitzgerald than goo for you.

Granted it is way too early to make any judgment about his talent and dedication level. But when a respected and highly successful veteran calls you out, it is not a good sign especially this early in his career. Even the Bills are having similar sessions for the rookies and from what I understand so far, everyone is in attendance. There is also some indication that TJ signed in time for the first day of the rookie activities. Even though Floyd may hide under the 'its not mandatory' cover, wouldn't you want your top pick to take every opportunity to soak up the playbook and nuances of the game ?

THANK YOU!

i think the piling on is kind of the point of fitz tweeting it? if no one cared then floyd wouldnt be embarassed, if not embarassed he wouldnt work harder... is kind of what im assuming the point is.

so from what i gather is you are upset because people are responding as expected, and blaming it on them being bills fans?

THANK YOU!

Nobody said he was packman, or referenced his drinking. Larry Fitzpatrick called him out. Not two bills drive. Not the media pundits. Larry. And did so in a way that sound like Floyd needs to get his act together.

And yes. I feel better that we started drafting self motivated, non DUI, professionals, who understand that this is their JOB.

THANK YOU!

LMFAO

IMO it is obvious that Gilmore is the better all world talent, and IMO Floyd will go on to be an average WR.

Are you trying to tell people here that we should of drafted Floyd over Gilmore....

I'll try to add something here.

I think Fitzgerald holds voluntary boot camp workouts a la Jerry Rice. I believe these workouts is what Floyd has been skipping.

Also Fitzgerald's tweet speaks loudly considering he was publicly in favor of the Cardinals drafting Floyd.

It's a wake-up call for Floyd. Fitzgerald is not an enabler. He'll be your friend… if you work hard… that's why he's one of the NFL's best.

If a guy like Fitzgerald is good enough to do something like this, as a rookie WR, it would seem wise to take advantage of it. Of course I haven't heard too many people remarking on the "wisdom" of Floyd.

I'm glad the Bills won't fall victim to the Notre Dame bust.

This is one of the players I wanted Buddy Nix to stay far, far, far away from.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Turbosrrgood

LMFAO

IMO it is obvious that Gilmore is the better all world talent, and IMO Floyd will go on to be an average WR.

Are you trying to tell people here that we should of drafted Floyd over Gilmore....

There is no question imo.

SJ13 and Floyd opposite makes the team better in 2012.

Gilmore is a great kid, Played QB in HS and was Mr. Football in South Carolina, played great for the Game Cocks they found away to get him on the field for offense.

All signs point out that Gilmore will be a great pick.

No one before, after or up to the draft until you just did has ever called Gilmore an all world talent.

The Bills organization made a good pick. I'm happy with that.

Would I be happier to get a WR that is bigger, faster, and jumps higher than AJ Green and has multiple years of performing when the entire opposing defense knew the passing offense would run through Michael Floyd?

Ofcourse.

If he didn't have those off the field incidents he would have been a concensus Top 5 pick and probably over the "character" Blackmon, who is smaller, slower and now has a DUI in his Professional career.

IMO when people look back on the 2012 draft they will be saying, "How did Michael Floyd drop so far? Really, people were worried about a few college drinking incidents? Those teams were stupid for passing on him."

Edited by Why So Serious?

People will probably remember Larry putting him on blast... To the whole world. Did I miss him being the second coming of Jerry Rice?

It's not that I think he is going to be unsuccessful, but you seem to think VERY highly of him. Look, the point is he was put on the spot by someone who lobbied for him.

THANK YOU!

How many alcohol related incident are there on the field?

There is no question imo.

SJ13 and Floyd opposite makes the team better in 2012.

Gilmore is a great kid, Played QB in HS and was Mr. Football in South Carolina, played great for the Game Cocks they found away to get him on the field for offense.

All signs point out that Gilmore will be a great pick.

No one before, after or up to the draft until you just did has ever called Gilmore an all world talent.

The Bills organization made a good pick. I'm happy with that.

Would I be happier to get a WR that is bigger, faster, and jumps higher than AJ Green and has multiple years of performing when the entire opposing defense knew the passing offense would run through Michael Floyd?

Ofcourse.

If he didn't have those off the field incidents he would have been a concensus Top 5 pick and probably over the "character" Blackmon, who is smaller, slower and now has a DUI in his Professional career.

IMO when people look back on the 2012 draft they will be saying, "How did Michael Floyd drop so far? Really, people were worried about a few college drinking incidents? Those teams were stupid for passing on him."

It is just silly to compare Floyd to Green. Sorry, but to put up the numbers Green did in the SEC going against the caliber of DB's he did speaks volumes. Much more so then combine numbers do.

That is what good GMS look at.

It is just silly to compare Floyd to Green. Sorry, but to put up the numbers Green did in the SEC going against the caliber of DB's he did speaks volumes. Much more so then combine numbers do.

So Julio Jones should have been taken before Green!!????

The hell with the combine!!!!

Why is it silly to compare one young WR prospect to another? They are peers, of course you would compare the two and the two will be compared to each other throughout their careers.

Yes the SEC is the best conference in College Football and basically operates as minor League for the NFL.

However there are NFL players that come from other conferences and in this case no conference at all.

ND doesn't play with themselves. They played USC, Pittsburgh, Florida State, Florida, Boston College and Michigan State amongst others all of which have actually defenses that all knew the ND offense was going to look for Michael Floyd early and often, yet Michael Floyd still produced. Thats what GMs look at, and one of the reasons why Michael Floyd was the 13th player taken in the NFL draft.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Why is it silly to compare one young WR prospect to another? They are peers, of course you would compare the two and the two will be compared to each other throughout their careers.

Yes the SEC is the best conference in College Football and basically operates as minor League for the NFL.

However there are NFL players that come from other conferences and in this case no conference at all.

ND doesn't play with themselves. They played USC, Pittsburgh, Florida State, Florida, Boston College and Michigan State amongst others all of which have actually defenses that all knew the ND offense was going to look for Michael Floyd early and often, yet Michael Floyd still produced. Thats what GMs look at, and one of the reasons why Michael Floyd was the 13th player taken in the NFL draft.

Your absolutely right. And still Larry put him on blast.

Lots of dudes won heismans, and still flopped. The kid needs to get his priorities strait. Everyone in the NFL has talent.