Talk About Your Class Warfare

Average net worth of a US Senator: $13.2 million

Average of all Americans: $77,000

How can a elite few get rewarded for doing a bad job? This is a class war worth fighting.

Edited by Dante

Average US annual salary, 2011: 43,460.00

Average US CEO annual income 2011: 11,400,000.00

Income of CEO of United Health for 2011: 102,000,000.00

Funny how the first number is listed as salary and the other two are income. Hmmm, kind of apples to oranges wouldn't you think?

Yes, I realize that...why I stated "income" rather than salary.

But that makes your point kind of pointless, unless the point was to dazzle the mostly ignorant with big numbers. In which case you might be ready to run for office.

But that makes your point kind of pointless, unless the point was to dazzle the mostly ignorant with big numbers. In which case you might be ready to run for office.

Thanks...that was exactly my point about the OP's numbers.

Except that he compared net worth to net worth, and you compared salary to income. :rolleyes:

People in certain positions will always have more value, and influence than others...thus the opportunity to increase their net worth.

The average member of the senate earns a salary of $174,000... obviously a fraction of their net worth.

Edited by Buftex

People in certain positions will always have more value, and influence than others...thus the opportunity to increase their net worth.

Yes in the private sector. Don't you see how wrong that is in the public sector?

Which doesn't change the fact that you compared two different things as though they were the same.

But, to your point, I did include the CEO annual salary... 11.4 million is much > 43 thousand...

Actually, that number includes capital gains...i.e., it's income, not salary.

And where'd you get that number, anyway? 'Cause it's bull ****...the average CEO salary is closer to $200k, nationwide. It's higher, of course, when you cherry-pick from the S&P 500 and pretend they're representative of all CEO's.