Hope Gilmore Makes Me Eat Crow

H2o

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/21---Will-Gilmore-be-a-difference-maker-as-a-rookie/8aea47da-3e14-4cb9-aaf7-f3943232405c

I didn't like the pick when it was made, but it's not the first time I say that either. From every report I've read the rook has had an excellent camp and is looking like the real deal. Here's to hoping Gilmore shines this season and makes me start an apologetic thread by week 6. :thumbsup:

http://www.buffalobi...f7-f3943232405c

I didn't like the pick when it was made, but it's not the first time I say that either. From every report I've read the rook has had an excellent camp and is looking like the real deal. Here's to hoping Gilmore shines this season and makes me start an apologetic thread by week 6. :thumbsup:

Be prepared, I say. (But I want to see how he looks with the pads on)

Eating+Crow.jpg

Edited by Hopeful

Im just curious to know what you didn't like about him

ill chime in with the fact that i was nervous with how quickly he shot up the draft board AFTER the season.

sometimes it can be getting real time with the film, other times it can be ignoring the film for workout numbers. going with the early assessments it seemed like it might have been the latter. come draft day i was ok with him, but along the way i definitely had my worries when he jumped from the conversation in the second round for us, to our top ten pick.

Edited by NoSaint

I echo the concern ... just who would you have picked? Cordy Glenn? Oops, we have him.

When Gilmore was picked I couldn't have been happier ... anyone who followed his college career knows that this kid is serious about his game and can play with the best of them.

Will he make mistakes and get burnt? You know it but he will then kick himself in the butt and learn from it. He's a kid who wants to keep getting better and he comes with the skill set to be a top DB!!

The biggest complaint I heard was that he is not a public talker ... I say let his actions on the field speak for him!!

Not that I want anyone eating crow even if it is in a good sauce ... I hope you eat crow! :lol:

Im not going to speak on for H20....I am sure he has his reasons....

My thoughts? I would have had no problem if the bills would have traded down just a few spots and taken Cordy Glenn.....then went corner in the second because we clearly need to replenish that position.....

In the end....it worked just that way expect without the draft picks...and we got a corner that would not have been available in the 2nd round....there is not DOUBT that Gilmore is 1st round talent.....some pegged him as higher then our pick even......

So in the end...it worked out. Gilmore is a huge corner with very good speed and knows how to tackle......Nix thinks Cordy Glenn is the next coming of that Left Tackle that was out with San Diego for years.

ill chime in with the fact that i was nervous with how quickly he shot up the draft board AFTER the season.

sometimes it can be getting real time with the film, other times it can be ignoring the film for workout numbers. going with the early assessments it seemed like it might have been the latter. come draft day i was ok with him, but along the way i definitely had my worries when he jumped from the conversation in the second round for us, to our top ten pick.

You can bet lots of pro talent evaluators had a bead on him long before the draft. It's the national football media that's slow on the uptake, before they spend more time with the scouts and execs. That's why you see so many changes in what's being reported as we are down to the wire.

Gilmore is clearly one of the two top corners in this years draft based on all the visual evidence. He tackles better than Claibourne, he is better in run support, and executing blitz packages. He is much bigger, and much faster. His hips are less fluid transitioning and though his ball skills appear to be good, the other guy is off the charts and clearly better in deep and man, though not in zone, coverage. I will be interested to see how he does in press when the pads go on.

All in all a top prospect and deserving of where he was drafted, even if there were a few position players as good or even maybe better, tho not for us given our needs i.e. DeCastro, who was a steal, no pun intended.

Really love the Brooks pick too. He is a red ass player.

when they called his name and put the camera on him. all i could think was this guy is actually bummed out about being picked by us. i was pretty upset for awhile. pissed actually. who is this kid anyway? But the more i read and listen, this kid has great character. Watching his interviews more recent he is starting to get a little smile going. Smart kid in the right place at the right time is what i think now. He is going to help us get the super bowl.

I might need a spoonful of crow myself

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/21---Will-Gilmore-be-a-difference-maker-as-a-rookie/8aea47da-3e14-4cb9-aaf7-f3943232405c

QUESTION - WERE YOU ALSO ONE OF THE GUYS THAT HATED THE GAILEY & NIX HIRE ??? HMMMMMM ????? If so he'll make you eat crow !!!!!!

i never get excited about a high 1st round pick on a db, but i really like this kid's attitude and ability. i think that his laid back demeanor is a wonderful asset at his position and i think he will be a great addition to our defense. the fact that he takes so much pride in his tackling/hitting will only endear him that much more to the buffoalo fans. love this kid, and hope that crow goes down smooth and easy.

He's a smooth players. Runs and tackles well. Eager to learn. Great athletic ability and a strong college pedigree. I loved the pick then. I love it even more now. I think we can be a top 5 defense if staches play calling and coaching is as good as its supposed to be. Our LBs will have all the pressure on them this year. The secondary will be very solid. The DL will be great. Can our LBs stop the run and cover the short area. That's the big question regarding this defense IMO.

Watching him play a few times last year and in the videos I thought he lacked the change of direction skills needed to cover a #1 WR in the NFL, or at least enough that he wasn't really worthy of a high 1st Round pick. The season hasn't started yet, but I find myself being more at ease with the pick now.

QUESTION - WERE YOU ALSO ONE OF THE GUYS THAT HATED THE GAILEY & NIX HIRE ??? HMMMMMM ????? If so he'll make you eat crow !!!!!!

No, I love what Gailey and Nix have done with this team.

I echo the concern ... just who would you have picked? Cordy Glenn? Oops, we have him.

When Gilmore was picked I couldn't have been happier ... anyone who followed his college career knows that this kid is serious about his game and can play with the best of them.

Will he make mistakes and get burnt? You know it but he will then kick himself in the butt and learn from it. He's a kid who wants to keep getting better and he comes with the skill set to be a top DB!!

The biggest complaint I heard was that he is not a public talker ... I say let his actions on the field speak for him!!

Not that I want anyone eating crow even if it is in a good sauce ... I hope you eat crow! :lol:

When he was drafted I thought he looked pissed. After hearing him interviewed I took away that he is just a very level, unemotional, soft spoken individual. Along With his skills, I cannot think of a better temperament to play that position.

I think bills nation rightfully has lofty expectations for this kid.

When he was drafted I thought he looked pissed. After hearing him interviewed I took away that he is just a very level, unemotional, soft spoken individual. Along With his skills, I cannot think of a better temperament to play that position.

I think bills nation rightfully has lofty expectations for this kid.

+1 :thumbsup:

I remember when I was first reading up on him there was a lot of info on him being tall, fast, a good tackler and a hard worker, but there wasn't much said about his coverage ability.

Can't remember who it was, but a long time Gamecocks fan had comments that Gilmore was solid, but unspectacular. Probably not worth a top 10 pick, but probably wouldn't bust either. It was encouraging to hear Gailey and Nix say he has far exceeded their expectations.