First days of Camp

Going to be in Buffalo the last week of July and camp will be opening that Thursday, the 26th.

Does anyone know if those practices will be open to the public? It doesnt say either way on BuffaloBills.com. I guess I should assume that they all are, but it will be my luck to drive out to SJF and not be able to get in! :D:cry:

Everything you need is right here:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/training-camp/home.html

I will add that if you have never been, you do not drive to SJF. They have locations where you go and take a bus (yellow school bus :) ) to and from SJF. The bus costs $1 for adults (at least that's what it was last year) and kids are free. Admission to camp is free for everyone. Parking and everything is also explained on that web site. Enjoy!

Edited by CodeMonkey

Lucky you! Wish I could justify making a trip north to catch some of camp, but I've already committed to three games this season and that's the point at which Mrs. E-ball says "enough already." B-)

Everything you need is right here:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/training-camp/home.html

I will add that if you have never been, you do not drive to SJF. They have locations where you go and take a bus (yellow school bus :) ) to and from SJF. The bus costs $1 for adults (at least that's what it was last year) and kids are free. Admission to camp is free for everyone. Parking and everything is also explained on that web site. Enjoy!

Thanks for the link, CM! I'm happy to report that I have been to camp before, and am aware of the buses. I just meant taking the drive from Buffalo and not being able to get in.

Thanks again!

Lucky you! Wish I could justify making a trip north to catch some of camp, but I've already committed to three games this season and that's the point at which Mrs. E-ball says "enough already." B-)

Lucky indeed! I have trips planned for games as well, but am forced to return to Buffalo this month for a wedding in the GF's family. Just so happens I get to turn it into a camp trip as well! :thumbsup:

We'll be in town visiting family and will plan to make the trip once or twice. My folks live just a few miles from SJF. My little boy just got a #13 jersey this offseason that we hope to get autographed!

We'll be in town visiting family and will plan to make the trip once or twice. My folks live just a few miles from SJF. My little boy just got a #13 jersey this offseason that we hope to get autographed!

Get your boy up to the fence by where Johnson is when they end practice. A lot of the players will go right to the fence to sign stuff. I do not remember Stevie particularly, but Fitz does for sure and gives away the QB waist towel etc (my youngest got one last year and was thrilled! :) ).

My wife has noticed that two groups of people get things signed at the fence, cute kids and hot girls (go figure ;) ).

Get your boy up to the fence by where Johnson is when they end practice. A lot of the players will go right to the fence to sign stuff. I do not remember Stevie particularly, but Fitz does for sure and gives away the QB waist towel etc (my youngest got one last year and was thrilled! :) ).

My wife has noticed that two groups of people get things signed at the fence, cute kids and hot girls (go figure ;) ).

So if you have a cute kid stand next to the hot girl, got it!!

Thanks for the tips! So we should have no problem then. My wife is hot and our son is super cute (I'll just be sure to hide my ugly mug). He's only 2, so I'll probably hold him up or put him on my shoulders.

I do seem to remember reading something about an autograph tent with designated times and players. Will keep an eye out for that too. Especially since we'll only be a few miles away, we can be flexible with our schedule.

Edited by jimmyo

Thanks for the tips! So we should have no problem then. My wife is hot and our son is super cute (I'll just be sure to hide my ugly mug). He's only 2, so I'll probably hold him up or put him on my shoulders.

I do seem to remember reading something about an autograph tent with designated times and players. Will keep an eye out for that too. Especially since we'll only be a few miles away, we can be flexible with our schedule.

Duly noted. She's included in any future invites to the house to watch games. ;)

The autograph tent schedule also gets posted on the web site once they have it settled. 3 players a day right after practice and usually by position (QB's one day. RB's another etc). Only kids are allowed into the tent, no adults. But for a 2 year old they would make an exception I'm sure ... particularly if your hot wife is holding him ;). In fact my 13 year old son will probably join her in whatever line she is in ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

I will also add that in the evenings if you go to the Pittsford Pub or JoJos wine bar (same building) not far from SJF you are apt to run into players. Particularly very early in camp and at the very end. :)

Last year my GF and I went to one of the open early afternoon practices and when it ended we headed right for Dinosaur BBQ. While there we saw Nelson, Levitre, Wood, and a few others. Not sure but it looked like the OLine was all in attendence and a few of the WRs. Didn't recocnize the others by face but that would be my guess as far as who was with them.

Three years back, I was visiting the Buffalo area and attended one of the practices (Rosen was kind enough to pick up and mail me a ticket). I ended up on one corner of the field where players did not come by at the end. However, Stevie and McIntyre did and I have a mini-poster from that camp with both their autographs. I remember wishing Stevie good luck and hoping he made it big. Little did I know at the time that indeed he would.

Last year my GF and I went to one of the open ....

Is she hot ?