Sabres trade: Roy to Dallas for Ott, Pardy

Roy was a good player through some pretty lean times. I never quite sensed the ambivalence that others did.

But it seems like the team is ready to move forward with Ennis and Hodgson as the scoring line centers, so I don't mind seeing them get an agitator type like Ott in return.

Roy didn't fit in LT plans.

Sabres have Ennis, Hodgson, and soon (1-2 years from now) Grigorenko will be ready for some serious minutes at C. A tough SOB that takes quality 3rd line minutes and wins faceoffs (though officially a LW) is a good fit for something the Sabres were lacking.

Obviously they are adding toughness to convince a premier player to sign with us, to show that the Lucic hit stuff is a thing of the past. Dray says they have several offers on the table to big players

I do like what John Scott said about the incident. "I hope that it does not occur this year, but if it does the conclusion will be much different this time."

Obviously they are adding toughness to convince a premier player to sign with us, to show that the Lucic hit stuff is a thing of the past. Dray says they have several offers on the table to big players

For those who missed it.

Yes!! I'm so glad to see the sabres adding grit and size. Love this move. Roy was symbolic of how flawed the team has been. To me this move is about darcy realizing this and trying to address the roster in a meaningful way and building a new core of players.

Ott does have grit! Sabres and their fans will love his

passion!! He is quite colorfull on the radio. WGR

get him booked for a show. He enjoys motorcycles. Bike

riders there will be happy too!

Edited by CowgirlsFan