Any Tarantino Fans??

Juror#8

HUGE Tarantino Fan here! Been following the development of "Django Unchained" since early 2011. Long development process like KB Vol(s) 1 and 2. It looks like it's gonna be REALLY good:

Edited by Juror#8

HUGE Tarantino Fan here! Been following the development of "Django Unchained" since early 2011. Long development process like KB Vol(s) 1 and 2. It looks like it's gonna be REALLY good:

youtube.com/watch?v=eUdM9vrCbow

Wow, looks good. Gotta love what you see from the cast so far.

Wow I hadn't heard about this and was confused because I saw the title and thought of this movie I saw on Netflix not too long agoSukiyaki Western Django which had Tarantino in it. It wasn't anything special, but you might like it if you're a Tarantino fan.

Takashi Miike is the director of this one, and not that it's a bad movie, but not nearly as good as some of the others I've seen that he's directed.

Anyway, thanks #8! I hadn't heard about this or seen the trailer and it looks like it should be great.

youtube.com/watch?v=eUdM9vrCbow

I was more interested in this project when it was going to be Will Smith in the lead.

Now that it's Jamie Foxx, my interest has waned.

I'm not as big a fan of Tarantino as others are here. "Reservoir Dogs" & "Pulp Fiction" are very good movies, and I think "Jackie Brown" is an oft-overlooked movie. "Kill Bill" is overrated & "Death Proof" was a letdown, and I still have yet to see "Inglorious Basterds".

So I will wait and see on "Django Unchained". One interesting about this movie is Leonardo DiCaprio's presence, as he will go up against himself with both this and "The Great Gatsby" coming out on Christmas Day.

I was more interested in this project when it was going to be Will Smith in the lead.

Now that it's Jamie Foxx, my interest has waned.

I'm not as big a fan of Tarantino as others are here. "Reservoir Dogs" & "Pulp Fiction" are very good movies, and I think "Jackie Brown" is an oft-overlooked movie. "Kill Bill" is overrated & "Death Proof" was a letdown, and I still have yet to see "Inglorious Basterds".

So I will wait and see on "Django Unchained". One interesting about this movie is Leonardo DiCaprio's presence, as he will go up against himself with both this and "The Great Gatsby" coming out on Christmas Day.

This may make more sense in my head than it will once the words are read but I liked KB Vol(s) 1 and 2 more stylistically then I liked the movies themselves. Tarantino is an underrated perfectionist for scene details: the wooden water paddle thing in the standoff scene between Thurman and Liu; the rhythmic dialog between Thurman and the assassin in the pregnancy scene; the different pov angles in the Fox and Thurman school bus interruption scene etc...

He is very much like Kubrick in that sense (but not nearly as univeralist in his concepts and message).

"Pulp Fiction" was and still is amazing and I agree with you on "Jackie Brown."

"Django" looks very appealing stylistically. The mix of James Brown and Johnny Cash is classic Tarantino. I agree with you that Will Smith would have been a better choice but I suspect that DiCaprio and Smith would have been to much star power for one movie and the budget couldn't sustain it. With that said, I'd MUCH rather have DiCaprio if it were an either or proposition.

He is the best actor in the world.

This may make more sense in my head than it will once the words are read but I liked KB Vol(s) 1 and 2 more stylistically then I liked the movies themselves. Tarantino is an underrated perfectionist for scene details: the wooden water paddle thing in the standoff scene between Thurman and Liu; the rhythmic dialog between Thurman and the assassin in the pregnancy scene; the different pov angles in the Fox and Thurman school bus interruption scene etc...

He is very much like Kubrick in that sense (but not nearly as univeralist in his concepts and message).

"Django" looks very appealing stylistically. The mix of James Brown and Johnny Cash is classic Tarantino. I agree with you that Will Smith would have been a better choice but I suspect that DiCaprio and Smith would have been to much star power for one movie and the budget couldn't sustain it. With that said, I'd MUCH rather have DiCaprio if it were an either or proposition.

Will Smith is too pretty for the Django role. The more ugly the better for this role. Fox is a good pick. Samuel Jackson would have been a good pick as well.

I'd like to see Tarantino return to form (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, True Romance). His more recent stuff is still good, but not great. It kind of feels like he's bought into his own hype and is maybe a little too taken with himself. Inglorious Bastards had some incredible scenes and was a good movie, but somehow it just seemed a bit too masturbatory at the end. And while Kill Bill 2 was a very good movie, Kill Bill 1 was a waste of time. I'm not sure what I think of the whole Grindhouse thing (I fell asleep midway through).

I'd say Daniel Day Lewis. Leo is up there too, though.

I'd like to see Tarantino return to form (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, True Romance). His more recent stuff is still good, but not great. It kind of feels like he's bought into his own hype and is maybe a little too taken with himself. Inglorious Bastards had some incredible scenes and was a good movie, but somehow it just seemed a bit too masturbatory at the end. And while Kill Bill 2 was a very good movie, Kill Bill 1 was a waste of time. I'm not sure what I think of the whole Grindhouse thing (I fell asleep midway through).

I'd say so. Something about your lead actor looking directly into the camera and saying "I think this just might be my masterpiece" before fading to black is just...tasteless? Arrogant? Both in equal measure? :lol:

That is an understatement.