Fewer RIM jobs???

I bought myself an Android... Very easy to sync email. Yet, the wife wanted to be an Apple lemming so I said okay. I tried to sync her email a bunch of times via the iPhone email setup... It wouldn't go. I then bought an email app (I think it was called Outlook of somoe sort?)... The app was 10 bucks and looked terrible... Email synced but the screen resolution was very tiny. So... I went back and did the the normal iPhone email set up and this time it worked! Her email now works great... What gives? Her work email is a "surge email" thingy or what ever that is... Webmail? Yet, her work computer uses Outlook... That is why I figure I would use the Outlook app...

Again, what gives...??

"What gives?" You're incompetent tech support.

Buying an app to get email? Really?

And now Apple wins an injunction against Samsung to ban the sale of Galaxy Nexus (google android) phones in the US. Judge agreed with their claim Samsung copied iPhones "look and feel". Wow what a crock, I own one of each and if this ruling is upheld it will stifle innovation and inch apple that much closer to a true monopoly in US. These phones are not alike !

"These phones are not alike !"

No idea if this is true but it has nothing to do with the suit.

I still have a BB..easier to text and drive

That built in keyboard was one of the only things keeping BB relevant as many long-time BB users feared the switch to a touch screen keypad. Now that the old-timers are fairly certain that the touchscreen won't steal their soul, BB is dead in the water. Even if their next OS is the perfect the damage done to their brand might be too much to overcome.

I bought myself an Android... Very easy to sync email. Yet, the wife wanted to be an Apple lemming so I said okay. I tried to sync her email a bunch of times via the iPhone email setup... It wouldn't go. I then bought an email app (I think it was called Outlook of somoe sort?)... The app was 10 bucks and looked terrible... Email synced but the screen resolution was very tiny. So... I went back and did the the normal iPhone email set up and this time it worked! Her email now works great... What gives? Her work email is a "surge email" thingy or what ever that is... Webmail? Yet, her work computer uses Outlook... That is why I figure I would use the Outlook app...

Again, what gives...??

I'm no techie, but that sounds like the online equivalent to buying a $10 Rolex from a guy in the alley.

I remember when my firm's IT guy looked me dead in the eye (about two and a half years ago) and told me there's no way we could implement iPhones as company phones. I bought one anyway and insisted he look into it. Needless to say, we're an iPhone firm now.

I'm not suggesting the Apple fan boys aren't nauseating, but there's plenty of arrogance to go around.

I'm guessing that more than a year ago your comany's CEO or other c-level exec went to your IT guys and said, "I have an iPhone, I don't want to carry it AND a BB, so make it happen". IT may not have liked it, but Apple and Android made great strides to satisfy the corporate IT folks' concerns so when the big boys wanted it they go it and BB fell from its perch......

I'm guessing that more than a year ago your comany's CEO or other c-level exec went to your IT guys and said, "I have an iPhone, I don't want to carry it AND a BB, so make it happen". IT may not have liked it, but Apple and Android made great strides to satisfy the corporate IT folks' concerns so when the big boys wanted it they go it and BB fell from its perch......

I think you misinterpreted my post; I was the one who insisted they look into it. ;)

I think you misinterpreted my post; I was the one who insisted they look into it. ;)

Nope - didn't misinterpret - just saying the push at a lot of companies, perhaps yours as well, came from when the big boss got an iPhone and insisted that he get his e-mail on it - amazing how fast those IT guys suddenly came up with ways to make it happen...

I'm no techie, but that sounds like the online equivalent to buying a $10 Rolex from a guy in the alley.

I understand what you guys are saying... It is really dumb. For the life of me, I could not set up her email... I tried about a dozen times. It was so stupid to go with an app... Totally dumb. The app sucked, but it worked getting the email on the iPhone... Then low and behold, I repeat what I did a dozen times before and now it works.

Somehow that app did something. No? Did it convert something? Again, she normally gets her email on the laptop via OutLook. She can get the email on the web via webmail/surge mail... Don't know what that is all about? But going through Safari was not what she was looking for... She wanted an Outlook type or better yet, through the iPhone itself. Like I said, I tried a dozen times the exact same way I set it up AFTER installing the app. I didn't delete the app.

That is what I tried to do a dozen time JA! Just didn't work... Really. Then I loaded the aftermarket app... And things work with that... The only thing is the resolution was too small and you could barely use the app. So... I the decided to try and set up the email again through the default iPhone program. Guess what... IT WORKED. That is what I am wondering??? Should I try and delete the app... Everything is working fine through the normal iPhone email program... She DOES NOT use the app. Never did.

Again... It has something to do with her email... I got all the exact settings from her Outlook program on the laptop. The built in iPhone program just wouldn't take until I installed the aftermarket app... Then I went back to the default iPhone program and set up things (mail servers etc..) the exact same way I tried before... And low and behold it works?

I am I clear...?? I know this sounds dumb, but that aftermarket app did something so the default iPhone email takes.

??

On an Android and the old BlackBerry, it took under a minute to set it all up.