ESPN Expert Picks Are In

Rico

all down the line for the jets?  i simply can't see them pulling that game out!

186648[/snapback]

The Rams haven't played that bad at home. Go take a look at recent history with particular attention vs. very good teams. Remember, not just this season. I am referring to Bulger QB the team.

The question was why the experts are high on the Jets. The fact that not once in ten tries this season has an NFC West team playing the Bills, Pats or Jets come within seven points of them (much less beat them) is my explanation. Pretty straightforward stuff.

This is a good example of "stats" that can be used to pursue either side of an argument. Ultimately the stat that is more relevant will be the determining factor. In this case, I'm guessing that the 2004 dominance by the AFC East is most relevant, and that Martz's record in December of 2000 is quite a ways down there on the list. I like the Jets a lot, but admittedly I have found ample reasons to bet against Martz on many occasions in the past five years.

On Sunday we'll know for sure.

186728[/snapback]

Then again we could be the 1st team in 12 years to make the post season after starting 0-4 too. :pirate: