Impeach John Roberts?

When you start showing you're capable of a normal conversation, I'll stop being a dick.

Well, you know the level of esteem that I have for MDP so that sort of validates my sincerity in asking you this question. Do you actually determine whether or not you are going to be a dick based on someone else's actions or statements? You actually let other people, on a message board at that, determine who you will be and how you will act? For awhile there I thought you were a stronger person than that. I pity you.

:devil:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you know the level of esteem that I have for MDP so that sort of validates my sincerity in asking you this question. Do you actually determine whether or not you are going to be a dick based on someone else's actions or statements? You actually let other people, on a message board at that, determine who you will be and how you will act? For awhile there I thought you were a stronger person than that. I pity you.

:devil:

Uh...no. Don't confuse "who I am" with "how I respond to a (*^*&%^$^#like MDP on the internet."

Uh...no. Don't confuse "who I am" with "how I respond to a (*^*&%^$^#like MDP on the internet."

No, you said you would stop being a dick. You could have said to him that you would stop acting like a dick towards him, but you chose to say what you chose. Now, with that said, everyone on this board knew what you were trying to say. I'm busting your balls by using one of your tactics on you. Think about it.

No, you said you would stop being a dick. You could have said to him that you would stop acting like a dick towards him, but you chose to say what you chose. Now, with that said, everyone on this board knew what you were trying to say. I'm busting your balls by using one of your tactics on you. Think about it.

It is your duty, if possibly, to fairly construe his words under the presumption that they were accurate.

It is your duty, if possibly, to fairly construe his words under the presumption that they were accurate.

I'm not disagreeing with your "lawyer speak". That "lawyer speak" is not relevant in this instance. He made a statement that I took literally (on purpose) and responded to him in a way that was consistent with how he treats other posters. Everyone knew what he was trying to say. Hell, most everyone agreed with his premise. I think I made it very clear that I was busting his balls by using his own tactics against him.

No you're not.

I understand that you THINK you are. But you're not. :wacko:

No you're not.

I understand that you THINK you are. But you're not. :wacko:

Ok, you got me there. :rolleyes: In a way I expected better from you, but with second thoughts on the subject, for you to do anything other than slink away with you tail between your legs would turn you into another MDP---trying to defend something that just has no defense. What's your next snappy retort, calling me an idiot?

I'm not disagreeing with your "lawyer speak". That "lawyer speak" is not relevant in this instance. He made a statement that I took literally (on purpose) and responded to him in a way that was consistent with how he treats other posters. Everyone knew what he was trying to say. Hell, most everyone agreed with his premise. I think I made it very clear that I was busting his balls by using his own tactics against him.

LOL lawyer speak. I drain porta potties for a living. In fact I ranked 51 in seniority so last Thursday I became a independent contractor around 10am. Don't doubt my **** speak.

Ok, you got me there. :rolleyes: In a way I expected better from you, but with second thoughts on the subject, for you to do anything other than slink away with you tail between your legs would turn you into another MDP---trying to defend something that just has no defense. What's your next snappy retort, calling me an idiot?

You do this a lot, actually. Post these "gotcha" posts that I'm sure are extremely clever in the confines of your own mind, but are substantially less so outside it, as the incredible strain it imposes on you to try (and fail miserably) to actually BE clever is evident.

In this case...whatever point you were trying to make was SO far off the mark that I couldn't possibly even care. I just assumed you're still upset that you completely !@#$ed up the "trains run on time" metaphor, and somehow assume it's due to some mistaken belief that I take said metaphor literally.

"You idiot." Happy?

LOL lawyer speak. I drain porta potties for a living. In fact I ranked 51 in seniority so last Thursday I became a independent contractor around 10am. Don't doubt my **** speak.

Well, I suggest convincing DC to give you a retainer since he can't defend himself. I'm thinking of the scene from Good Will Hunting when Ben Afflect weasled a little money out "his" interviewers. You drain porta potties--what a schitty job. Regardless, It would appear that you now have more time on your hands. Your sword fight with Rob over the mandates was so classic that I saved it to my hard drive. No more sleeping pills for me, I'll just pull that up!

Well, I suggest convincing DC to give you a retainer since he can't defend himself. I'm thinking of the scene from Good Will Hunting when Ben Afflect weasled a little money out "his" interviewers. You drain porta potties--what a schitty job. Regardless, It would appear that you now have more time on your hands. Your sword fight with Rob over the mandates was so classic that I saved it to my hard drive. No more sleeping pills for me, I'll just pull that up!

Nice tactic: ignore everything while shouting "I win!" :lol:

You do this a lot, actually. Post these "gotcha" posts that I'm sure are extremely clever in the confines of your own mind, but are substantially less so outside it, as the incredible strain it imposes on you to try (and fail miserably) to actually BE clever is evident.

In this case...whatever point you were trying to make was SO far off the mark that I couldn't possibly even care. I just assumed you're still upset that you completely !@#$ed up the "trains run on time" metaphor, and somehow assume it's due to some mistaken belief that I take said metaphor literally.

"You idiot." Happy?

I didn't take the "trains run on time" metaphor for other than what it was worth. I compared that to Romney, who I think would be very competent in the White House. That was my point. You know that and I know it. You just tried to show everyone that you are THE residence history buff here, and did your usual thing of trying to f'up a post that you probably agreed with but could show your supposed superiority.

You, for whatever reason, wanted to be a dick. Fine. I gave you some of your same schit thrown back in your face and you come up with a MDP type response. Keep digging your hole.

Nice tactic: ignore everything while shouting "I win!" :lol:

Tommy, if you had anything, you'd bring it. Your weak responses are just like ghetto trash talk, meaning nothing. You need to show more.

I didn't take the "trains run on time" metaphor for other than what it was worth. I compared that to Romney, who I think would be very competent in the White House. That was my point. You know that and I know it. You just tried to show everyone that you are THE residence history buff here, and did your usual thing of trying to f'up a post that you probably agreed with but could show your supposed superiority.

You, for whatever reason, wanted to be a dick. Fine. I gave you some of your same schit thrown back in your face and you come up with a MDP type response. Keep digging your hole.

Tommy, if you had anything, you'd bring it. Your weak responses are just like ghetto trash talk, meaning nothing. You need to show more.

If that's you're point, then you simply have no point. You posted a !@#$ed-up post, got called on it, and now are trying to make a feeble attempt to "throw my **** back at me", forgetting that: you !@#$ed up and were called on it, whereas I...well, not so much. (Not at all, actually). I corrected you, you're just being a pissy little schoolgirl and somehow claiming you're teaching me a lesson.

Which I pretty much figured out from the first.

Now go shout "I win!" again. I'll even let you have the last word.

Yes, actually. Yes, I'm aware that the complaint was that we incur a cost for the uninsured anyway, as they get urgent care in the ER...but wasn't a big part of the complaint that too many people couldn't get health care for lack of insurance? And won't those people now be using more health care resources? Or are you suggesting that an increase in insurance coverage is not going to prompt an increase in health care usage?

Hell, the mantra this whole time has been "Health care for all!" If that's at all accurate, then more people are going to be using the same resources. If that's NOT accurate, and scarcity isn't an issue...then what the hell was the point of the reform?

Please excuse me for abbreviating your post. I'm trying to keep the post on topic with respect to your original point.

You and Doc are both making this point: that health care resource utilization won't flatten or go down; in fact, they'll go up when more folks have health insurance.

I see this entirely differently and I think that there is where the ripe point for debate is (trying not to be too doctrinal btw).

Yes, actually. Yes, I'm aware that the complaint was that we incur a cost for the uninsured anyway, as they get urgent care in the ER...but wasn't a big part of the complaint that too many people couldn't get health care for lack of insurance?

With all due respect, I think that you've way over-simplified the matter to an almost contrived debate point. I think the issue was less that people couldn't get care, as much as it was:

1. People were going to the ER or Urgent Care to get basic health care services

2. Insurers were charging exorbitant rates for insurance-seekers with pre-existing conditions

3. Too many relied on good will entities and caregivers for health care services - these efforts are subsidized by taxpayer donations and pro bono medical support initiatives

4. Many folks who didn't have insurance weren't responsive to small and relatively benign issues that may have been discovered early - however at the point when the issue became impossible to ignore, the individual opted to go to the ER. Then a once easily manageable matter becomes one that becomes significant costly, both from a health and a cost perspective.

5. Many folks relied on taxpayer subsidized programs (planned parenthood, local health clinic) for basic health services.

Ergo, a very costly and inefficient process. With that in mind, I think that it is an issue of inefficiency in the process of health management as much as it is anything. I think that it is also an issue of CEOs profiting hansomely off of people's feebleness.

Doc, in your effort to dismiss the 'resource flattening' idea, you ignore these points - especially point 4. Everyone having insurance doesn't make more people sick. As discussed above, everyone having health insurance theoretically should mean that the conduit through which people seek health care services is more direct and efficient. Right now, it's not. Right now, people become more sick (and consequently, more costly, and more demanding of resources), because they don't have health insurance preliminarily. As logically incongruent as you may think that it is, I believe that people become more resource and financially costly to everyone else by not having insurance versus when they are insured.

For the reasons mentioned above, I don't believe that there will be any added strain on resources. If anything, I think that there will be an alleviation of that strain. There may be a rise in day-to-day services, physicals, diagnostics, etc. but the cost of catastrophic-level care should decrease because there will be a greater percentage of folks who had no belief that they could visit a physician early before, whose issues will be caught before it reaches a more costly (and resource demanding) level of care.

That will result in substantially decreased individual service cost and resource utilization over time.

With respect to day-to-day over-burdening of resources, medical schools have increased enrollment for 14 years in a row (2009 and 2011 articles):

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20111024/NEWS/310249959#

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-10-20-medical-school_N.htm

To be fair, apparently they are still short of their goal but the numbers are still encouraging:

http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2010/05/10/med-school-enrollment-in-2015-will-miss-goal/

The reason that enrollment was up - to prepare for the impending baby boomer retirement - is not as a big a deal as once thought. That baby boomer retirement expectation is considerably more phased, progressive and intermittent because of the economic downturn:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/money/late-boomer-bloomers-older-workers-carve-out-new-careers-to-stall-retirement

Edited by Juror#8

If that's you're point, then you simply have no point. You posted a !@#$ed-up post, got called on it, and now are trying to make a feeble attempt to "throw my **** back at me", forgetting that: you !@#$ed up and were called on it, whereas I...well, not so much. (Not at all, actually). I corrected you, you're just being a pissy little schoolgirl and somehow claiming you're teaching me a lesson.

Which I pretty much figured out from the first.

Now go shout "I win!" again. I'll even let you have the last word.

You are arguing about another thread to divert attention from your poor choice of words in this thread. I called you out on it purely to throw one of your tactics back in your face. I knew what you meant. Everyone knew what you meant to say. You didn't say that though. What I'm saying that this is your approach way too often. You'd rather screw up a thread with your snarkiness that is invariably centered around you shouting to the world how great you are than discuss the topic.