Who Dat Cabbie?

No wonder he isn't getting signed, he's a poor teammate; going out and letting people know about concussions. He's obviously just trying to get supporters for his law suit against the league. :thumbdown:

The Human Chia Pet shaves messages like that into his head.

beware - i think hes a great guy - but those are at times considered to be fighting words on this board.

what did joe d say about him again? (wait for it.... wait for it.....)

I just see him like Garth Brooks. When the camera is on, when the lights are up...he's on. I see no genuine care in his actions.

I just see him like Garth Brooks. When the camera is on, when the lights are up...he's on. I see no genuine care in his actions.

I guess to each his own. I've had personal experience with him as well as a number of people I know and we've all had first rate interactions. I've seen him do quite a bit of good without a camera in sight. I've never seen or heard anything significant to refute that but anything I have is anecdotal and I can't claim to be a friend..... And as a sourcing reference, my interactions have primarily come by doing work with the company that licenses his signings and by proxy a few times working directly with him. But I've had a handful of those bump into him on the street or at events moments too.

Edited by NoSaint

He sued his own mother?? :blink:

In 2006, Brees sued his mother, the now-deceased Mina Brees, for using his likeness in a campaign ad. Mina Brees, was running for a spot on Texas’ 3rd Court of Appeals. From the Associated Press: He called his relationship with his mother “nonexistent” after it crumbled six years ago when he refused to hire her as his agent. “I think the major point here is that my mother is using me in a campaign, and I’ve made it known many times I don’t want to be involved,” Drew Brees said.

FWIW, she committed suicide a few years ago.

Huh I did not know that. May she rest in peace. I don't really know much on the situation.. I know I like drew tho, my father worked security for him for a bit and I always thought he was a class act. JMO tho.

Huh I did not know that. May she rest in peace. I don't really know much on the situation.. I know I like drew tho, my father worked security for him for a bit and I always thought he was a class act. JMO tho.

She was pretty far out there. I think it's pretty sad that she was so insistent on being his agent that it destroyed the relationship It's not good when you have to cut her off totally and then find out although you haven't spoken to her in years she's using you in her campaign materials. I doubt it's something he wanted To deal with.

At the time Of her death she had been caught swindling businesses sending letters saying that they had lost the rights to their names but for a mere $25k they could get the rights back. This was 3 days before her suicide that the records were subpoenaed.

Edited by NoSaint

She was pretty far out there. I think it's pretty sad that she was so insistent on being his agent that it destroyed the relationship It's not good when you have to cut her off totally and then find out although you haven't spoken to her in years she's using you in her campaign materials. I doubt it's something he wanted To deal with.

At the time Of her death she had been caught swindling businesses sending letters saying that they had lost the rights to their names but for a mere $25k they could get the rights back. This was 3 days before her suicide that the records were subpoenaed.

Wow. Just wow. It's a shame that she used her sons fame like that and it's also sad how their relationship ended. Money always causes problems at least in my experiences. Sounds like drew made the right call on her not being his agent. Thank you for filling me in on a bit of what was going on.

Most people get into business to make money. She got into business to extort money. She was an irredeemable shyster. She is the type of woman Bernie Madoff would find to be a kindred spirit.

http://sportsbybrooks.com/drew-brees-mother-tries-her-hand-at-extortion-25316