Saddest thing I've ever seen in my life

Factor the stats I've provided in with the fact that the U.S. effectively provides national defense for most of the top 20, thus facilitating their lifestyles, and the fact that the U.S. remains the land of opportunity for a majority of immigrants in any given year, per Gallup results, and I feel I've more than justified my position.

Now you can take a shot at arguing which nation is best and has been for quite some time or you can come back with more 3rd grade analysis and reiterate that 4th is not 1st, while pretending that the HDI tells the whole story.

3rd Grade analysis? Nice. You talk a lot, an internet tough guy it seems. I served this country as a ranger during this abortion of a war and If you'd like to start throwing words out there and you're ready to back them up let me know. I have no problem explaining to you in person the kind of prick you're being.

And I will argue that the US in not the best because it's a matter of my perspective. As far as national defense, that's a joke. We outspend the next 26 countries below us COMBINED, 25 of those countries being supposed allies. Our spending is out of control and I'll argue that because of that spending we are pushing this country more into debt and therefore downgrading the quality of living by ignoring other important issues.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd Grade analysis? Nice. You talk a lot, an internet tough guy it seems. I served this country as a ranger during this abortion of a war and If you'd like to start throwing words out there and you're ready to back them up let me know. I have no problem explaining to you in person the kind of prick you're being.

And I will argue that the US in not the best because it's a matter of my perspective. As far as national defense, that's a joke. We outspend the next 26 countries below us COMBINED, 25 of those countries being supposed allies. Our spending is out of control and I'll argue that because of that spending we are pushing this country more into debt and therefore downgrading the quality of living by ignoring other important issues.

Hmm...seems like only 1 person here is acting like an "internet tough guy"....

Hmm...seems like only 1 person here is acting like an "internet tough guy"....

Well maybe you haven't been paying attention then. Jauronimo seems to like talking $#!* a lot. I don't post a lot but I read.There's a way to have a discussion and he seems to enjoy making it personal. He admitted himself to being a prick in this very thread.

Factor the stats I've provided in with the fact that the U.S. effectively provides national defense for most of the top 20, thus facilitating their lifestyles, and the fact that the U.S. remains the land of opportunity for a majority of immigrants in any given year, per Gallup results, and I feel I've more than justified my position.

Now you can take a shot at arguing which nation is best and has been for quite some time or you can come back with more 3rd grade analysis and reiterate that 4th is not 1st, while pretending that the HDI tells the whole story.

the list looks more or less like i expected. a case could probably be made either way on this one.

who is the best is pretty subjective as it is - we could weight the inputs for that ranking differently and re-shuffle the deck.

im happy where i am, and i imagine id be pretty happy in many if not all of those top 5 countries. i would not be able to agree with a statement that we are definitively the best, but i couldnt give a confident answer for anyone to be instead. i think thats a pretty fair assessment at this time. its kind of a crazy question when you think about it as perspective and local values change things HUGELY.

living here in new orleans i see a lot of our most quirky and creative uses of freedoms that i love right next to some of our biggest downfalls that break your heart. its a great country that we have but its far from perfect. i enjoy the life it has afforded me though. best, or not.

Edited by NoSaint

Just because you defended the right for Americans everywhere to talk out of their ass doesn't mean you need to exercise said right. But you did, and you were called on it. If you're unhappy with the results, perhaps you should review the thread and take a look at every opportunity you were afforded to qualify your position as a hunch or gut feeling and bow out gracefully. Or better yet, don't talk out of your ass.

Just because you defended the right for Americans everywhere to talk out of their ass doesn't mean you need to exercise said right. But you did, and you were called on it. If you're unhappy with the results, perhaps you should review the thread and take a look at every opportunity you were afforded to qualify your position as a hunch or gut feeling and bow out gracefully. Or better yet, don't talk out of your ass.

Why is it talking out of my ass to not agree that America is the best country?

to be fair, for anyone to claim yes or no is kind of a hunch or a gut feeling. its not like there is a right or wrong answer on this, its all pretty well a mess of opinions based on whats important to you.

to be fair, for anyone to claim yes or no is kind of a hunch or a gut feeling. its not like there is a right or wrong answer on this, its all pretty well a mess of opinions based on whats important to you.

Very well said.

Why is it talking out of my ass to not agree that America is the best country?

Read your first post.

"Not to hijack the thread but what exactly are we the best at? I love this country and served it for 4 years but to say we're the best at anything is [delusional], we haven't been the "Best" in quite some time. "

Delusional is a very strong word. You're asserting that anyone who thinks that U.S. is the currently the best is basically crazy, that a man would have to be delusional to make such an argument. That doesn't sound like a case of simple disagreement, and thats why it wasn't treated as such. A very bold remark attracted a strong response. The opinion you offered, that no sane person could assert that the U.S. is the best by statistical and analytical means, fell apart quickly. Since a brief internet search can provide any number of sources through which a person of sound mind can make a compelling argument for the U.S. as the best nation on earth, your comment reads loudly as an off the cuff remark with no real basis, which is what I would refer to as talking out of an orifice other than your mouth.

Since I can and have made the argument you've seen on these pages, I object to your insinuation that I'm merely delusional. At least when it comes to this issue.

Read your first post.

"Not to hijack the thread but what exactly are we the best at? I love this country and served it for 4 years but to say we're the best at anything is [delusional], we haven't been the "Best" in quite some time. "

Delusional is a very strong word. You're asserting that anyone who thinks that U.S. is the currently the best is basically crazy, that a man would have to be delusional to make such an argument. That doesn't sound like a case of simple disagreement, and thats why it wasn't treated as such. A very bold remark attracted a strong response. The opinion you offered, that no sane person could assert that the U.S. is the best by statistical and analytical means, fell apart quickly. Since a brief internet search can provide any number of sources through which a person of sound mind can make a compelling argument for the U.S. as the best nation on earth, your comment reads loudly as an off the cuff remark with no real basis, which is what I would refer to as talking out of an orifice other than your mouth.

Since I can and have made the argument you've seen on these pages, I object to your insinuation that I'm merely delusional. At least when it comes to this issue.

Okay my choice of words were poor, I can admit that and I apologize if they offended you. If I had known what I said was offensive to you I would have retracted. However your name calling and insults were out of line as well. I'll own my part.

Okay my choice of words were poor, I can admit that and I apologize if they offended you. If I had known what I said was offensive to you I would have retracted. However your name calling and insults were out of line as well. I'll own my part.

Your sarcastic and insulting reply about 4th relative to 1st was met with being called a 3rd grader. And for that scathing insult, you responded with a threat. If thats the worst thing that happens to you then it was a pretty good day. It wasn't offensive to me, and really shouldn't be offensive to you.

Your sarcastic and insulting reply about 4th relative to 1st was met with being called a 3rd grader. And for that scathing insult, you responded with a threat. If thats the worst thing that happens to you then it was a pretty good day. It wasn't offensive to me, and really shouldn't be offensive to you.

Like I thought. You have issues kid.

I think Dick Jauron finds the name you are using to be offensive. :devil:

Having a rough day, Jmo?

I was having a fine day until I found out that I have issues and that I'm actually a kid. Now I'm having a bit of a metaphysical crisis.

I think Dick Jauron finds the name you are using to be offensive. :devil:

I don't know what that means.

Edited by Jauronimo

I was having a fine day until I found out that I have issues and that I'm actually a kid. Now I'm having a bit of a metaphysical crisis.

I don't know what that means.

Wow, if someone referred to me as a kid, it would make my day.....must be my age getting to me.

I think you know what it means- don't disrespect the modern day Lombardi!