Learned yesterday this was a Fleetwood Mac song

The Poojer

FWIW... Fleetwood Mac has been a very diverse group through the years. People probably only relate the pop stuff... But they started out very progressive with a blues origin. Different artist have come through and changed the feel probably more so than most bands. Change is good I suppose.

Another one band that gets stuck on its poppy side is Jefferson Airplane/Starship-Starship. Amazing the transition in sound they made, IMO.

oh yeah, i completely agree...i was just really shocked that was their song...have heard it hundreds of times, even with knowledge of the peter green years, i NEVER would have associated that song with Fleetwood, like i said, Pat Travers or a similar band is what I always thought....

FWIW... Fleetwood Mac has been a very diverse group through the years. People probably only relate the pop stuff... But they started out very progressive with a blues origin. Different artist have come through and changed the feel probably more so than most bands. Change is good I suppose.

Another one band that gets stuck on its poppy side is Jefferson Airplane/Starship-Starship. Amazing the transition in sound they made, IMO.

oh yeah, i completely agree...i was just really shocked that was their song...have heard it hundreds of times, even with knowledge of the peter green years, i NEVER would have associated that song with Fleetwood, like i said, Pat Travers or a similar band is what I always thought....

Yeah... Big difference to the Stevie Nicks/Christine McVie years.

Chicks will do that... ;)

Yeah... Big difference to the Stevie Nicks/Christine McVie years.

Chicks will do that... ;)

They played it in 1980 in the Aud, only time I've ever seen them. It's also on that double live album they put out a year or so later.

Fleetwood Mac ZZ Top was a kick-ass band until the "chicks" selling out wussed it out.

PTR

My favorite band in my youth - until they became more famous for their synths and beards than the music of their roots.

Here's a little history on the chick(s) that "wussed" out the band, and some other tidbits.

Christine Perfect (Mcvie) a blues artist who was in another unheralded British band called Chicken Shack (Stan Webb guitar) joined Mac in late 69 or early 70.

An album(s) worth seeking out for British blues lovers is "Christine Perfect" Or early chicken shack LP's

Christine joined several years when the group (Mac) was still a blues band.Several great albums before Nicks/Buckingham joined and the band went from Blues based to pop on purpose. She eventually quit for several reasons. One of them being musical direction. Along with wanting to get away from the coke/alcohol addicted members John Mcvie her husband, and Mick Fleetwood. The band was piss poor until the well conceived Rumors came out$$.

Before Fleetwood Mac got their first recording contract they gigged under their original name Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. Peter was the musical power & genius behind the early music. Greenies well documented melt down eerily similar to Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd actually happened around the time he recorded OH Well. Its a personal song for him. Soon afterword he stopped clipping his fingernails so people like Clapton would quit calling and wanting to gig with him. He grew them out a few inches they were bizarre. His arranged comeback in the 90's until present has produced many decent albums under the name Peter Greens Splinter group. His voice is there, sadly live his original licks on his trademark 59 les paul (oh well being a show stopper) are played by another guitarist in the band. Perfectly I might add.

Pete Green fanatics should seek out "End of the Game" an instrumental album he recorded after quitting and already melting down on LSD(it's jazz based and recorded on the fly).If you like wah wah pedals,that lp is for you. He also put out before forming Peter Greens fleetwood Mac "The Green Brothers" With him and his brother on keyboards. His very early legendary work with John Mayall needs no explanation.