Iphone 4s took a dip in the swimming pool

zevo

what are my options. I verizon and the phone is 6 months old. tried dying it out. it still rings when i call it but screen is dead....when i plug it in nothing happens. What are my options...I will assume i will have to pay to get it replaced...has anyone had this happen? Thanks

Depending on your track record with Apple products, they may replace it for you for no charge. I've had desktops, laptops, and I was on my second iPhone last year when I dropped it and killed it. I brought it into a Apple store, they originally told me it would be about 200$ to fix the screen, I didn't complain since it was obviously my fault. After going back for the new one the service guy told me it was no charge.

with the construction of the iphone - the big swim is especially deadly.

odds are you are replacing it, and as its only 6 months, theres a good chance you wont see that $200 price point. you might get lucky though, and have a generous or kind person at the store pull some strings.... but id bank on a hefty bill.

One option is put it in a ziploc bag with some white rice for several hours. But since you already tried to use it, it may be too late...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how-to/tips/4269047

Another option is to put the phone in a sealed Tupperware with a shotglass of Damp Rid. Don't let the Damp Rid tough the phone though.

PTR