Kyle Williams on SiriusXM NFL Radio earlier...

eball

Hopped into my car for lunch and Kyle was on SiriusXM talking to Adam Schein and Rich Gannon. When I tuned in they were asking him if he expects to see a lot of Tebow in week one. He said he definitely expects the Jets to have some kind of Tebow package, but his hope is they have 3 or 4 plays for no yardage and put it on the shelf (Schein and Gannon guffawed). He was then asked whether the Bills can win a championship with Fitz. His answer was that if Fitz stays healthy, they absolutely believe in him and "all 90 guys at camp" would say the same thing. I know, I know, what does anyone expect him to say, but it's still nice to hear it said without hesitation. The part about "staying healthy" also leads me to believe the team knew he was hurting last year.

He talked about how Mario is a "regular guy" who came over to his place recently for a cookout -- sounds like they all get along really well. Early in the conversation he must have talked about Wannstedt's defense and how they are going to be "turned loose" to attack, because Gannon mentioned it afterwards.

Other tidbits:

Last season the team took a nosedive not just because of injuries, but because of WHO suffered those injuries (Jackson -- captain; Wood -- "almost a captain"; Kyle -- captain). Teams look to their leaders when things are going badly, and those leaders were hurt. That led to other young guys learning to step up, which will only help this year as the injured guys come back but now there are others who have learned how to become leaders.

Very excited about this season. On schedule for being "full go" at training camp. Won't concede anything to New England*; said the key is obviously making Brady uncomfortable, but you have to understand you've got to play the full 60 minutes against the Pats* because they will make plays.

Toronto -- understands the need to play there and extend the fan base, but doesn't want to see them playing there in December against a warm weather team, and definitely not against a division opponent.

I probably missed some stuff, but there you have it.

Hopped into my car for lunch and Kyle was on SiriusXM talking to Adam Schein and Rich Gannon. When I tuned in they were asking him if he expects to see a lot of Tebow in week one. He said he definitely expects the Jets to have some kind of Tebow package, but his hope is they have 3 or 4 plays for no yardage and put it on the shelf (Schein and Gannon guffawed). He was then asked whether the Bills can win a championship with Fitz. His answer was that if Fitz stays healthy, they absolutely believe in him and "all 90 guys at camp" would say the same thing. I know, I know, what does anyone expect him to say, but it's still nice to hear it said without hesitation. The part about "staying healthy" also leads me to believe the team knew he was hurting last year.

He talked about how Mario is a "regular guy" who came over to his place recently for a cookout -- sounds like they all get along really well. Early in the conversation he must have talked about Wannstedt's defense and how they are going to be "turned loose" to attack, because Gannon mentioned it afterwards.

Other tidbits:

Last season the team took a nosedive not just because of injuries, but because of WHO suffered those injuries (Jackson -- captain; Wood -- "almost a captain"; Kyle -- captain). Teams look to their leaders when things are going badly, and those leaders were hurt. That led to other young guys learning to step up, which will only help this year as the injured guys come back but now there are others who have learned how to become leaders.

Very excited about this season. On schedule for being "full go" at training camp. Won't concede anything to New England*; said the key is obviously making Brady uncomfortable, but you have to understand you've got to play the full 60 minutes against the Pats* because they will make plays.

Toronto -- understands the need to play there and extend the fan base, but doesn't want to see them playing there in December against a warm weather team, and definitely not against a division opponent.

I probably missed some stuff, but there you have it.

Nice! Thanks for the report!

Man, I hope he returns to Pro-Bowl form. A healthy Kyle and Dareus in the middle would be so huge for us (imo, bigger than Mario and Anderson on the edges).

It all works hand-in-hand. To think there could be three Pro Bowlers on the starting D line is just crazy (and Anderson is no joke).

Thanks for the update. I met Kyle at TC last year, and somebody said "Hey Kyle you gonna get Brady this year?" And he goes "Ill put him on the list." :beer:

Roger Goodell just read this post and fined Kyle $50k for having a list.

Thx E..I too got in the car at the very tail end of the interview...then i get in the car again 20 minutes ago and hear the last 30 seconds with Jimbo..said no worries on Bills being in Buffalo for a long time...but that was all I heard

Thx E..I too got in the car at the very tail end of the interview...then i get in the car again 20 minutes ago and hear the last 30 seconds with Jimbo..said no worries on Bills being in Buffalo for a long time...but that was all I heard

Well, that's tantalizing...

It all works hand-in-hand. To think there could be three Pro Bowlers on the starting D line is just crazy (and Anderson is no joke).

While we're wishing for good health. Sean Merriman was a dominant pro-bowl player too. Meaning we could have Darius be our only non-probowler on the line! If he's our "weak link"...

Man, when does the season start?

Anderson will be very effective if Kyle and Dareus can stay healthy. I honestly think that you could see Anderson challenge Mario to be the sack leader this year.

Anderson will be very effective if Kyle and Dareus can stay healthy. I honestly think that you could see Anderson challenge Mario to be the sack leader this year.

Especially since Williams will see far more double teams than Anderson.

Especially since Williams will see far more double teams than Anderson.

And therein lies the beauty of what Nix has assembled. Who do you double team if you're an opposing offense? Are you really leaving Dareus and Kyle one-on-one? It is so exciting to think about what's going to happen when these guys hit the field.

And therein lies the beauty of what Nix has assembled. Who do you double team if you're an opposing offense? Are you really leaving Dareus and Kyle one-on-one? It is so exciting to think about what's going to happen when these guys hit the field.

if you're gonna leave the two big boys singled in the middle they will absolutely crush the pocket and anything 15 yards back from it. this should be very, very interisting.