Wimbledon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wimbledon started today, just wondering who your favorites are, start a new conversation, etc.

Djokovic has been my guy for 4+ years. Not giving up on him just because he lost a match to pretty-boy Nadal at the French.

I watch the majors. ESPN3 is pretty sweet for that.

Levi, I've never heard Nadal be called a "pretty boy" --- that's a first. The usual quip is that he's like a Neanderthal or the whole rear-picking thing. None of which I really give a stevestojan about. I admire his game. Really looked like he figured out Djokovich, but we'll see on a faster surface.

Max, there's Ana Ivanovich as well.... :wub:

Levi, I've never heard Nadal be called a "pretty boy" --- that's a first. The usual quip is that he's like a Neanderthal or the whole rear-picking thing. None of which I really give a stevestojan about. I admire his game. Really looked like he figured out Djokovich, but we'll see on a faster surface.

His game is great.

His grooming is interesting :D

I think I heard that Federer was mad that he wasn't playing on Centre Court. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me at all...I've always thought he had a silver spoon stuck up her arse.

I love this tourney...so many amazing memories from my childhood watching the matches with my family. I grew up with this sport and it's always been important to me, and I love watching Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. I usually check out the French finals as well, but never had much interest in the Aussie Open. Hopefully the next two weeks will be a lot of fun.

He's the only guy I find tolerable. He's the ultimate good guy!

Nadal, on the other hand... garbage!

lol

Wouldn't surprise me at all...I've always thought he had a silver spoon stuck up her arse.

I love this tourney...so many amazing memories from my childhood watching the matches with my family. I grew up with this sport and it's always been important to me, and I love watching Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. I usually check out the French finals as well, but never had much interest in the Aussie Open. Hopefully the next two weeks will be a lot of fun.

I can't watch the Australian because it's always at two in the morning. :(

I can't watch the Australian because it's always at two in the morning. :(

lol, true...hard to watch that one

So anyway, America disappointed me for the second time again. Both Venus Williams and John Isner were upset. Isner could go deeper into the second round if he just un-"clouds his mind". :rolleyes: I think the Williams sisters are getting old too. How old are they, mid-thirties now?

Can't wait for the olympics, get disappointed into oblivion. <_<

Edited by Teen Insight

My favorite Wimbledon moment. :)

youtube.com/watch?v=GtepZyro1aI

I do think that era was my favorite. Though I'm sure there's been more athletic players since then, Agassi vs Sampras was one of my favorite rivalries in sports. I haven't been able to get in to tennis in a while.

I enjoyed Agassi-Sampras, but after a lull in competition when they retired, there's now a great bunch of players.

The introduction of HDTV is something that's really, really done wonders for my enjoyment of it.

I will root for Martin del Potro, but he needs to find a killer instinct if he wants to win these grand slams. In Roland Garros he had Federer under control but he stopped believing about his chances and lost three sets in a row, biggest choke ever.

If anyone is a "pretty boy" it's Federer. I find him to be uber-annoying...always have.

I have never been a Fed fan because I always thought he is too arrogant. He is very good and was atleast partly responsible for raising the level of competition in men's tennis. We are lucky to be witnessing one of the most competitive eras of tennis which started about 5 years ago. Fed IMHO took advantage of a brief lull to pile on Grand Slams then has had a tough going since Rafa and now Djoker started dominating.

As for this Wimbledon, I want Rafa to win because I just admire his tough style of play and never give up attitude. Howvever, I think Djoker will win due to his excellence on this surface. He is still in Rafa's head despite the French Open loss. If Rafa wins this title.by beating him, that will set Rafa on path to win the most Grand Slams, a goal that looks difficult given how welk Djoker has been playing since last year