People don't get "net worth" vs "income"

What on earth does this even mean??

Of all people here, why are you bothering with him. He is specifically writing stuff to drive people like you and Tom crazy. He knows he's writing stupid stuff and the more you guys respond to his stupidity, the more stupidity he spreads.

I've never been a big fan of asking other to ignore a poster, but MDP is pulling you and virtually everyone else here around by your nosehairs and you all not only look ridiculous every time you argue with him, but all the threads are awash with garbage at this point.

If you want to do something helpful, try to get MDP to discuss politics over at OTW. Everyone knows Simon doesn't tolerate politics there.

Edited by LABillzFan

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but if you are a shareholder in a company and that company is worth less, your stock is worth less. it should still be taxed. im not talking about property taxes in the sense that a house just sits there. im taking about business worth less or more, through capital loss or gain, should be taxed regardless.

it is property, but in a different sense, ie capital

You're still talking about taxing an asset, not income.

you want to play a trick. you want to compare money in a bank compared to being a shareholder.

so say im a shareholder of walmart and that share is 20%. even if my share goes down in value, that doesnt mean i dont have to pay taxes.... this is just another way for rich people to not pay taxes, because they are shareholders instead of labor...

Oh, !@#$ off. Never mind... :wallbash:

Of all people here, why are you bothering with him. He is specifically writing stuff to drive people like you and Tom crazy. He knows he's writing stupid stuff and the more you guys respond to his stupidity, the more stupidity he spreads.

I've never been a big fan of asking other to ignore a poster, but MDP is pulling you and virtually everyone else here around by your nosehairs and you all not only look ridiculous every time you argue with him, but all the threads are awash with garbage at this point.

If you want to do something helpful, try to get MDP to discuss politics over at OTW. Everyone knows Simon doesn't tolerate politics there.

I think you're right. Sometimes it's fun to respond just because, but I don't think it's possible for someone to know as much as he does and understand so little. He's sort of like a crusading Crayonz minus the humor.

I think you're right. Sometimes it's fun to respond just because, but I don't think it's possible for someone to know as much as he does and understand so little. He's sort of like a crusading Crayonz minus the humor.

And Crayonz doesn't pollute every thread.

If everyone would just completely ignore him he will eventually go away. He needs attention. His Shoutbox crap and even just that his screen name is in all caps should tell you something. Maybe an old fashioned shunning? We could even have a contest to come up with a name for this cyber shunning. Any suggestions out there?

If everyone would just completely ignore him he will eventually go away. He needs attention. His Shoutbox crap and even just that his screen name is in all caps should tell you something. Maybe an old fashioned shunning? We could even have a contest to come up with a name for this cyber shunning. Any suggestions out there?

You are just so mad about this dude... Or dudette... :lol:

Yeah... But then you go ahead and enable him! Same with the other conservatives on here! :wallbash: :wallbash:

Stop being Karen from Greece, NY... I'd give you a pat on the back if you can make a million bucks out of this deal.

You are just so mad about this dude... Or dudette... :lol:

Yeah... But then you go ahead and enable him! Same with the other conservatives on here! :wallbash: :wallbash:

Stop being Karen from Greece, NY... I'd give you a pat on the back if you can make a million bucks out of this deal.

Sure, count the times I've enabled him over the last several weeks. Are the fumes especially strong tonight?

Sure, count the times I've enabled him over the last several weeks. Are the fumes especially strong tonight?

You have replied to him? Right? If not... I am sorry. You can't control what other people do. This board is beyond polluted... Him swimming around, you swimming around isn't gonna hurt it. You guys (conservatives) get so bent when it comes to him saying stuff. You are no crazier than him... Again, there is a trial in Norway that needs your help!

Crayonz stops by and crop dusts, and we all get a chuckle

MDP drops his shorts and squats out a nutty pile and tells anyone foolish enough to pay attention how corny your sch*t is

Crayonz or MDP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCW4ecspEXY

Crayonz stops by and crop dusts, and we all get a chuckle

MDP drops his shorts and squats out a nutty pile and tells anyone foolish enough to pay attention how corny your sch*t is

:lol:

Crayonz is an asset here. He invariably gets the newbies and it's good for a chuckle. What's his face is just randomly hitting the keys and spell check is correcting the spelling of random letters. Ever see some of the automatic translations from the French Canadian newspapers for the Sabres that go on Sabre Space? They make more sense than this idiot.

You have replied to him? Right? If not... I am sorry. You can't control what other people do. This board is beyond polluted... Him swimming around, you swimming around isn't gonna hurt it. You guys (conservatives) get so bent when it comes to him saying stuff. You are no crazier than him... Again, there is a trial in Norway that needs your help!

Crayonz or MDP?

youtube.com/watch?v=TCW4ecspEXY

When he first reappeared I got into it with him a few times and then I realized how f'd up he was. I quit responding to him and other than maybe 1 or 2 posts in the last few weeks haven't directly replied to him. You think that it's just conservatives that have a problem with him? He might be a liberal but he's also a complete idiot and has no concept of anything financial. Anyone that idiotic is not worth talking to. Anyone that supports him has to also be an idiot.

this literally has nothing to do with what i said and makes no sense...

good job buddy! :thumbsup:

because if youre in business, you should be taxed. labor or owner.

when a person takes a lesser job, or a paycut, can they write that off?

this is like a person making 20 an hr, and goes to 15 an hr, and now pays zero taxes.

same for capital. if your capital contracts, or some places go under, you should still be taxed. you shouldnt be able to carry over losses from a present net loss.

a capital investment is not the same as money in a savings account.

a bar with capital gains should be taxed. a bar with capital losses, relevant to what it was worth last fy or when it was originally bought, should still be taxed.

It's not even possible your serious.

1st point, its not his ****. its labors. we already proved that in the thread that lasted 1 month because you dont understand how profit is created through use value and market changes...... but nevermind that... assume it is capital gains and is his income. any income must be taxed. by reducing that tax through charity, thats money taken away from debt reduction and roads, etc...

really? its capital gains, ( income)...

this is like me taking my check, and instead of paying the normal tax, i reduce it by giving some of that tax money to the branch davidians... :blink:

It's labors? Then what the hell are you complaining about? That labor was dumb enough to give their $2 million to the Mormons?

You know, somehow I can see you following a Koresh like dude in your future. Take down the man, man. Take down the man.

Edited by Marauder24

It's because I teach the stuff he's talking about and I'm trying to educate him. I know it's a waste if time but it's one of the things I do.

Its entirely possible to "know" as much Marxist propaganda as MDP and have no understanding of the real world. I'd say its even requisite, otherwise you would probably put the book down. All of his schtick comes down to simple regurgitation, which is why his responses have little or nothing to do with the post he replies to. I haven't seen any evidence that MDP really understands the first thing about finance or economics, which is why he keeps repeating (copying and pasting) the same Marxist nonsense, and never addresses the most damning arguments against Marx.

No matter how many arguments blasting holes in Marxism he's presented with, he responds with "thats not true, Das Kapital says this..." Its like discussing the DNA evidence of evolution only to have someone refer you to the Bible, over, and over, and over, because "I have this book you should read."

Edited by Jauronimo

Its entirely possible to "know" as much Marxist propaganda as MDP and have no understanding of the real world. I'd say its even requisite, otherwise you would probably put the book down. All of his schtick comes down to simple regurgitation, which is why his responses have little or nothing to do with the post he replies to. I haven't seen any evidence that MDP really understands the first thing about finance or economics, which is why he keeps repeating (copying and pasting) the same Marxist nonsense, and never addresses the most damning arguments against Marx.

No matter how many arguments blasting holes in Marxism he's presented with, he responds with "thats not true, Das Kapital says this..." Its like discussing the DNA evidence of evolution only to have someone refer you to the Bible, over, and over, and over, because "I have this book you should read."

Maybe he had a bad beard rash after a stint as Santa at Coleman's Department store and the lack of medical care irked him.